Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Hendrie drove golf buggy into pond'

Tuesday April 20 2004

Aston Villa midfielder Lee Hendrie is reported to have driven a golf buggy into a pond - leaping from the vehicle just before it hit the water.

Officials at the Forest of Arden club in the West Midlands have refused to corroborate claims in the Birmingham Evening Mail that Hendrie crashed the buggy on the 14th hole on Friday.

But a fellow golfer told the newspaper: "By the time we had played through the hole, the buggy was floating up to its roof in the water.

"We later saw a search party come from the golf club to retrieve the vehicle so the player had obviously reported his little mishap."

This is not the first time Hendrie has had a mishap in a vehicle - last year he was given a one-year driving ban when he was caught drink-driving while on his way to an early morning round of golf.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
lol i was just about to come here n post about this story in general news.

Maybe he should just be banned altogether from driving..... anything.....ever.....

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Hehehehe, this is news?!?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
'Hendrie Blasts Buggy Rumours' ITV Teletext page 502

Lee Hendrie has reacted angrily to reports that he drove a golf buggy into a pond at a prestigious golf club.

The midfielder is seeking legal advice over the claims that he crashed the buggy at the Forest of Arden Golf Club.

Hendrie told the club's website: "It is simply not true and I'm furious that my name has been linked with this incident. There was an unfortunate incident, but I was not involved.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
This has to go down as funniest news story ever!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know yeah, i dont think its over yet either, i think Hendrie should accuse Robbie Savage and Darren Purse of setting the whole thing up and conspiring against him.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
It'll make us all laugh anyway!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts