Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a bad feeling about argentina in this tournament , just that not based on real facts but... , things are going too damned good, our players (with the exception of Hermann, I hope he recovers, such terible things happened to him and he was so amazing last year, is sad), Gino, Delfino, Nocioni, Scola (he is more mature), Montecchia, the lazy but talented Victoriano, Prigioni, Oberto, etc...makes a hell of a team and they are having very good seasons in their teams, but this time they are not any more the "outsider" everyone know our players and their achievments, and may be this would be too much pressure. Which are your expectations with your NT and what do you think of the probability of argie team choking big time?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
k. G............Webber

..........Shaq

Kidd..............Kobe

Bench: lebron James , Paul Pierce , Big Ben , T-Mac , Iverson , and so on!

The US will take home the gold:strong:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
marmotte said:
doesn't duncan play with the US NT ?

He was born in the Caribbean , but I think he can for the US...he is a US citizen

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
I think for us it's important Divac decides to play. I believe if anyone can beat the US it's us, we've dominated the World and European Championships and with more and more players with NBA experience it should really help our chances. i think we will probably pick up the silver and if the US have a bad day, hopefully we could win the gold, i think this is highly unlikely but a squad with Stojakovic, Divac, Radmanovic, Bodiroga, Jaric, Drobnjak and younger players like Vujanic, Cabarkapa, pavlovic and Milic we should be too strong for anyone apart from US but it'#s the only thing we havent won in International basketball and if we were to win that and the Euros next year held in Belgrade we could be the first side the hold the 3 major championships at the same time.
Of course this a long shot but we are probably the only side that can defeat a team with Kobe, T Mac, Duncan, Bibby, Malone etc.

the Dream Team are playing a game in Belgrade on the 6th August, hopefully I can get tickets for this.

Napred Plavi!!

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Jonny Knoxville said:
k. G............Webber

..........Shaq

Kidd..............Kobe

Bench: lebron James , Paul Pierce , Big Ben , T-Mac , Iverson , and so on!

The US will take home the gold:strong:
webber? are u insane? and shaq doesnt wanna play

lebron wont make team plenty of guys are ahead of him
marbury, ai, bibby, allen, payton (might not play),

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
USA are of course huge favourites. But I hope that they won't win since it would put other basketball nations on the map. Yoguslavia have many superb players and like someone already mentioned - it's important that Divac plays. Bodrioga ( :star: ) will be a nice suprise for the USA. I hope that Spain with Gasol and Navarro can challange for the gold. Lithiuana (spelling?) is the best country in Europe so they are of course another favourite. Don't forget about Russia either. Argentina is the team from the rest of the world that are an outsider favourite. But unfortently for Fangio I can't see them going all the way.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
USA are of course favourites for gold, depending on who they bring to the Olympics.
Other countries that will be fighting it out for medals are probably Serbia and Montenegro, Lithuania, Spain, Argentina, Italy and of course Greece who play at least twice as better in front of their own fans.

I believe Serbia with a full squad, good preparations, should make it to the final and give the Americans a good game. But those are two ifs, so we'll see what happens. I don't believe we're as dominant as maybe a few years ago, mostly because of these few countries emerging with great talents - of course I am refering to Spain, Argentina and Lithuania.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts