Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Messi + Kun + Roman included in the squad!

This is going to be without doubt the strongest Olympics team in history, I can't ever remember 3 such higher profile players together in an U23 tournament.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The full list:

Argentina's Olympic squad: Oscar Ustari (Getafe), Sergio Romero (AZ Alkmaar), Pablo Zabaleta (Espanyol), Ezequiel Garay (Racing Santander), Federico Fazio (Sevilla), Nicolas Burdisso (Internazionale), Luciano Monzon (Boca Juniors), Fernando Gago (Real Madrid), Ever Banega (Valencia), Javier Mascherano (Liverpool), Juan Roman Riquelme (Boca Juniors), Angel Di Maria (Benfica), Jose Sosa (Bayern Munich), Diego Buonanotte (River Plate), Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli), Lautaro Acosta (Sevilla) and Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid).

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
that could be your world cup squad it's that good. why the fvck do we have to be in the same group as the argies!!!

·
1st Tier Poster
49,985 Posts
on paper it looks easily the best Olympic squad ever

Although Brazil will be strong too: Pato, Robinho and Anderson are all in the squad aren't they?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Brazil v Argentine final already.

·
Registered
15,731 Posts
Great squad roster for Argentina, but nothing new as they usually seem to have a strong squad whether it's the World Cup, Copa America or the Olympics.

After what happened in the Copa America I'm sure they'll love to deny Brasil another chance of winning the Gold in Beijing.

·
Administrator
52,972 Posts
Bounanotte and Zarate dont have a room somewhere? Proves what an insane squad it is.

·
Administrator
52,972 Posts
Sssshh Amr :D Let him shock and awe them ;)

Buananotte is in it...
Haha, I didnt check the above list, I saw another list from few weeks ago in channel4.com that looked way smaller and thought that was the official one (its supposed to be 18 players, that above list is more). In that list, they didnt have Bounanotte, Acosta and De Maria.

I guess few players from the above list will be cut. Bounanotte might be one of them. Though it probably should be Sosa, not sure what he is doing on that list.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Olympics? Perhaps I should care but I find myself not caring at all.

When does La Liga start? :hopeful:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
That would be really cool but Brazil will probably find a way to choke in earlier stage. Maybe losing to some African team in the semis or something.
With Dunga in charge? Probably, yeah.

Although I find it interesting that Barcelona doesn't want Ronaldinho to participate in the Olympics (I don't understand why, Ronaldinho certainly needs all the exercise he can get) while Messi is in Argentina's squad. That's somewhat strange.

·
Registered
15,731 Posts
With Dunga in charge? Probably, yeah.

Although I find it interesting that Barcelona doesn't want Ronaldinho to participate in the Olympics (I don't understand why, Ronaldinho certainly needs all the exercise he can get) while Messi is in Argentina's squad. That's somewhat strange.
I'm surprised they care at all, exercise needs aside, considering the huge possibility that he'll not be playing for Barca next season. Perhaps they think he'll flop and it'll reduce his value even more, whereas with Messi it makes no difference - nobody's going to seriously consider bidding for him.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Barcelona didn't want Messi to play in the Olympics either but clubs are powerless when it comes to these competitions.

As for Ronaldinho, two reasons come to mind, one is that if clubs see him play, his value will go down (just like last week), the other is that Olympics are famous for the partying.......

1 - 20 of 44 Posts