Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the Olyroos time has arrived, the first leg is on Australia Day of course at Parramatta Satadium with the return in NZ 4 days later. Olyroos have been criticised for their performances against the Island nations, but their last game 6-0 against Fiji was impressive.

Kiwis had a tough time in their last group, 2-0 down against Vanuatu, eventually winning 3-2 when the 3rd goal shouldn't have stood, and all Vanuatu needed was a draw.

What does this point to? Seemingly another easy win for the Olyroos over the two legs and they should progess to Athens in August. They should probably get through by 5 or 6 goals over the two legs but you never know.

ABC will telecast both legs nationally.

Your thoughts on the playoff?

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Well if the Kiwis had a rough time against Vanuatu then we should wipe the floor with them.Im surprised that the ABC has got the games but great news.We can see some potential Socceroos there.Frank said today that some of the Olyroos will get a go this year for the National side.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm hoping Jade North will get a go at senior level, he's been one of Glory's best this year with a number of great performances, and played great in the Korea friendly and apparently has been the Olyroos best player of this tournament.

Farina did mention the likes of North, Milicevic and Tarka as possible candidates so we'll see what happens.

By the way I think the Olyroos will cruise through these playoffs, a 4-0 win tomorrow I reckon and a 4-1 win in Auckland. NZ coach has also confirmed his side will play for a draw tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
In the paper the other day it was talking about Tarka still playing for the Glory.Do you know if he's playing regular for Forest ?Socceroos need a centre back and a left back.Hopefully Ljubo gets a go next to Moore but i cant see it.And i dont think the best NSL based Oly's like Elrich and North will get a go until there overseas.

See Jamies back ;)

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Oh and Valeri said he doesnt know whether he'll get back into Inter's Primavera team when he gets back ! That's bad news and i thought he was doing a bit better than that.

·
*the drum drum*
42,529 Posts
Valeri is among the oldest of the players in the Primavera, so that's why..

He should move, the sooner the better... There's nothing to gain by playing in Inter's youth side..

I might go to this match if I have the time..
My tip is 3 - 0..

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Tolga said:
Valeri is among the oldest of the players in the Primavera, so that's why..
Yeah but he's still eligible, It just means that when he's to old and probably not good enough for the next level he'll be left out on his arse.I agree he should move.He said that the AIS is kinda more proffesional than Inter :confused: He wont get a proper go though.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
King Italy: Jade North Might have done well against Samoa (which he did) and the other easrly games (which I didnt see) but against Fiji he was nothing less than worst on the field and the only player that didnt contribute. Every one of his crosses hit a fijian and he made many mistakes. Defensively he had nothing to do. Against New Zealand again he was pretty useless IMO. Why he would be in the national team I dont know to tell you the truth.

Ahmed Elrich has been great, Valeri solid, Ljubo solid and and Carle great off the bench.

Id like to see Carle in the place of Macallister for the next game.

I think only Elrich and Milicivic have changes at call ups with Valeri possibly in the future. Another one who should have a shot but isnt here is Kisnorbo.

·
*the drum drum*
42,529 Posts
Despite the media seeing Nick Carle's substition being a masterstroke by Farina, I see it as Frank taking over an hour to fix his mistake from the start!

Carle must start, he's the most creative midfielder in the team, and he always makes things happen..
Why it took Farina so long to see that is beyond me :rollani:

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Tru dat!!

Were u at the game man? You should have seen how pissed off the Aussie supporters were when Macallister was taken off. I was so happy and cheering for Carle.

I was yelluing for him to come on in the first half as well. He was warming up by himself pretty early but didnt come on for ages.

He has to start as every1 from Marconi should :p

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
KOTK: Tarka has yet to make his first team debut, but is impressing in the reserves since signing last year.

Tolga: Agree 101%! I was sickened when we were playing nothing but long balls until Carle came on and looked many classes above anything else on the pitch. I hope the Lens scouts that were supposedly here to watch the disappointing Brosque were still here to notice him - and if they were in attendance, how could they not be blown away by that magical half hour?!

As for the team itself, hopefully Farina calls up Kisnorbo (Hearts), Madaschi (Partick Thistle), Kennedy (FC Koln) and Coe (Inter Milan) for the Olympics - we'll have far greater depth if he does.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Jones of Boro should be inline too.Dissapointing 1st half really.Holman's a aggressive thing aswell, overall i wasnt really impressed by anyone besides Carle, the rest were average but Milicevic was finding people with his long balls before he went off.McKain is a good backup though.

Anyone else wanted to kick that Kiwi strikers arse ? Incredibly annoying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts