Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One month and a bit more from now it's time for the olympics. Spain qualified and i am suprised noone has even mentioned that, only four teams qualify from Europe!

Does anyone know the probable players that will play there?

Some say its U-23 or U-21 so lets try and make a list for players can be in the team this year..

GK:
Cassilas

D:
Sergio of Celta
Gaspar and Capdevilla in Atletico right now

M:
Gerard
Farinos

A:
Jose Mari
Angulo
Raul Tamudo

Theses should form the core of the team, which are the rest?
Anyone has checked out the spanish talents from lower diviosions?

Real&Barcafan

P

·
0 Posts
I don't like the idea of Iker playing in the Olympics much. Maybe this will be Cesar's time to shine in the interim? (I hope he doesn't do to Iker what Iker did to Illgner!) :)

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Noone seems to be interseted in this topic. Maybe i should start a new topic called "Olympics, who cares?" ;)

Seriously. Doesnt anyone have some football passion over for this tournament?

P

·
0 Posts
Honestly, I've always viewed olympic competitions are second rate for football (for better or worse). I also admit to not knowing much about Spain's sub-21 team.

I'm sure I'll be more interested come August!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
HEy the Olypmics are awesome, but not for soccer. I can't wit. But do you guys know these "summer" olympics will be taking place in Australias winter? Who thought of that!?:mad:

D

·
0 Posts
Winning gold at the Olympics is much greater than winning the European Championships :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I somehow tend to disagree...:D For a footballer it's much more prestigous to win the World Cup, but as a human getting a Olympic Gold is more important. So to accomplich yourself in football you win the first, and to be succesful in life opverall the Olympic Gold!:D

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Spains Squad!

Can anyone come up with a official squad for the olympics? When will they select the team?
My prediction for the whole tournanament is that Brazil will play around with every team, no team can match Brazil in the world at this level.

Real&Barcafan

I

·
0 Posts
dont worry spain doesent have to worry about the olympics they are the worst underachievers in futbol history

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Widzisz R&B, mamy Polaka tutaj, szkoda tylko, ze supporter tych parszywcow z Legii:) I szkoda, ze od razu tak glupia uwage zrobil na wstepie;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts