Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We should not count our chickens before they have already hatched. A famous old saying, but one too true. In the Olympics. Anything can happen.

Abate (Torino), Acquafresca (Cagliari), Bocchetti (Genoa), Cigarini (Atalanta), Coda (Udinese), Consigli (Atalanta), Criscito (Genoa), De Ceglie (Juventus), De Silvestri (Lazio), Dessena (Sampdoria), Giovinco (Juventus), Marchisio (Juventus), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Motta (Udinese), Nocerino (Palermo), Rocchi (Lazio), Rossi (Villareal), Viviano (Brescia). Le quattro riserve: Candreva, Ranocchia, Russotto, Sirigu.

The team I would pick:

Viviano; De Silvestri, Coda, Bocchetti, De Ceglie; Nocerino, Cigarini, Montolivo; Giovinco; Rossi, Rocchi

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Viviano (1' st Consigli); Motta, Criscito, Bocchetti, De Ceglie (1' st Coda); Nocerino (1' st Dessena), Marchisio (1' st Cigarini), Montolivo; G. Rossi, Giovinco (1' st Abate); Rocchi (1' st Acquafresca)

Here was the team Casiraghi went with in this match

Hopefully he will go with both Criscito and Bocchetti ahead of Coda and Marchisio ahead of Cigarini, yes, I would start Marchisio ahead of Cigarini :eekani: I really like this guy and potential wise I think he can be our best midfielder on the U23 squad along with Montolivo :) Plus, He is better defensively than Cigarini and with Montolivo out there I think we can use a player with his qualities

I'm hoping to see this team against Honduras

Viviano; De Silvestri, Bocchetti, Criscito, De Ceglie; Nocerino, Marchisio, Montolivo; Rossi, Giovinco; Acquafresca

Rocchi will surely start though, and Cigarini probably will too, and thats fine :)............

Forza Azzurrini

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
yes, I would start Marchisio ahead of Cigarini :eekani:
Don't think its so revolutionary (except on these boards where Cigarini is supposed to be Pirlo II, perhaps ) :). Casiraghi has done this most the times Marchisio has been fit over the past year, and in this team, with Montolivo in the side too, Marchisio's more physical input is needed more than Cigarini's passing edge.

Not the least bit sad that Juventus doesn't have to prepare for the new season without him, but this team would look much more likely to win if Chiellini was there too. It looks like having real quality everywhere but central defence.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem is Boccheti and Criscito are two left footers as far s I know... Chiellini would be too... I know many teams play with 2 right footed CBs, so 2 lefties can work I suppose.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jst a strange fact of life that there are more righties than lefties... yet for some reason most of Italy's good d's in this squad are lefties.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
the biggest mistake made with lefties is alwasy playing them wide if they can carry the ball at their feet at all.

Anyway the only issues r Cigarini or Marchiso cant say i am into on eor the other

For me though Rocchi or Aquafresca is more of an issue. i wonder abt Rocchi's motivation...obviously the experience will help u people. We will all see. But there is no question over Acquafresca's motivation

·
Administrator
53,562 Posts
Its a frigging Olympic event, you mean to say where ever you live wont freely telivise an Olympic event live? Pretty shitty if you and others here still have to rely on streams for this.

That said, will watch this game on stream tomorrow :pp Not because I want to, but ze present company wants to watch the Brazil game instead that is on the same time.

·
MVP
9,124 Posts
I believe Al Jazeera sports will be showing the Italy game, for those who have the channel.

Looking forward to watching Giovinco. :)

·
Administrator
53,562 Posts
Panicking here, cant find any stream in any of the usual sites. Can only find this:

http://rojadirecta.com/

Two tv ants links that aint working.

·
MVP
9,124 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts