Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMO we need to play a strong team and garauntee first place in the group. If this is the case we avoid Brazil not only in the next round (assuming they finish first), but also we avoid Brazil and Argentina until the final. I just realised the schedule pairs the winner of D or r/u of C against winner of B or r/u of A in the Semi-Final... which means if Argentina, Brazil and Italy all win their groups... Argentina v Brazil is one SF.

Of course assuming we do win this group, Belgium is likely, and they are very difficult anyway. However, Forza Italia :)

·
Administrator
53,562 Posts
Thats very good news, not that anyone but Brazil and Argentina cant win against us, but its good to know one can avoid them both until the final, and face less testing opposition until then.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
And rest Giovinco so he comes back fresh for JUVEEE!

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Rocchi and Marchisio have been sent home due to injury and Russotto and Candreva have been called up in their place

This means our only ''number 9'' is Acquafresca. I know Rossi can play as the lone striker too but its definitely not his best position. Casiraghi maybe should have had Osvaldo or another striker as a reserve instead of Russotto

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree, but lets see what happens. Candreva can also play as striker if last resort.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Candreva is more of a box to box midfielder. In any case, lets hope it doesnt come to that. Maybe for the first half today we should play Rossi upfront with Giovinco and Abate to the side to see how this would do in emergency. Then hopefully we can rest Giovinco and/or Rossi in the 2nd half and bring in Acquafresca or Russotto.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
indeed streams please.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Am not watching the match, but I saw on Gazzetta that Viviano saved a penalty. We need to be careful. Dont want Brazil in the QF.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Because there are clearly better Brazilian GKs around :pp

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep it is, hopefully today is the sh!t match every team plays in the tournament :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts