Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
............................Attidore............Donvon

Rogers......................Adu(holden)...............Edu................Alvarez

Pearce.......................Subotic...........Orosco...............Wynne

...........................................Seitz

Subotic gotta play for the US cuz spector is out with an injury
and he ha also played for the US youth teams b4

I dunno how this team will do , it will depend on the coach and his selections....but if u have altidore , adu , landon , alvarez , and rogers.....they can bring some decent futebol:happy:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
It's time to WIN something ...

4th & playing well is no longer good enough for me anymore. WE must step up OUR game to the NEXT level and WIN SOMETHING. The Olympics is a GOOD place to start.

I know that Brazil will be stacked, so will Argentina and the rest of the world for that matter. That will be the case no matter the tournament, therefore ... IT'S TIME TO WIN SOMETHING.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nah this team will choke again , typical

·
Registered
70,297 Posts
Olympics aren't really important honestly, but it's a tournament to see how this generation of players develop and maybe some of them can earn Euro contracts.

The group also is not that easy, Netherlands were European U21 champions (though not sure how strong of a squad they will send) and African teams always take this tournament seriously. The opening match against Japan is crucial.

As for players, Subotic I doubt will play for the USNT

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
subotic has already played for the US nts...so , i aint worry abt that and spector wont go to the olmypics cuz hes injured so that will leave an opening for sub

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Orozco is almost a sure bet to make this roster. Torres at Pachuca would be a possible call-up, but there's no evidence so far that he's decided to play for the US.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pirès filled Altidore in on life in Spain ("He said they eat dinner at 10 or 11 o'clock") and at Villarreal. Messi talked to Altidore about the Olympics, where La Pulga (the Flea) is playing for Argentina despite Barcelona's wishes to the contrary. ("He said his club is trying to keep him with fines and things like that, but he's going no matter what

hmmm jozy and messi r friends wtf

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fielahber(?) and spector wont go cuz they r injured and loosin fie is a big blow u cant teach vision . hopefully hell be there

·
Registered
41,267 Posts
Regardless, a Serbian FA official has recently come out and stated Subotic will be representing Serbia from this point on. Wether or not it will happen will probably depend on wether Neven plays for you in this tourney or not.

·
Registered
647 Posts
You may not have meant this, but what exactly is an "American" last name? There is no ethnic American name.
Nothing. It's just American squad, I don't have anything against Americans either its just that American politicians show so much disrespect torwards us and kill us like puppes today that I find it funny for him to be on that squad. And if it ends with and "ic" it most probably has Serbian roots.
About him, I've heard of him and I though he already made us his mind not to play for the states. Serbia or Bosnia should be his way to go, theres just too much talent on the defense in Serbia right now that if anything that will steer him from representing Serbia. BUT you never know where his heart is.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He said that he wont play for any other country besides da US cuz he has already donned the US jersey. Now It depends on the US staff if they want him , if not, hell play for serbia

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
8/07- Rongen quoted by Canales as follows: “Neven Subotic did not develop as quickly as I’d thought that he would in the environment that he was in when he came with us at the last camp. His starting point was a little bit below Ofori Sarkodie because he wasn’t really a starter for the last U17 team. So he had a little bit of catching up to do, but he’s got so many great intangibles as starting points that I firmly believe that if he continues to develop at the rate that he is right now that he still will be, and has to be, a very strong consideration for the World Cup team if we get past qualifying. But right now, I still felt that there were players ahead of him and you’ve got to do what you think is right for the team for this short term goal – which is qualifying. In the long term, I think [Subotic] could bypass some guys who play reserve ball in MLS and definitely will bypass the majority of college guys who in the spring season, just don’t train and play enough, so he’s in a good situation. He’s a good player, first and foremost and he’s just going to get better. But he wasn’t good enough at this juncture for me to say that ‘He’s definitely an asset for us now’.”

5/14/07: In a ussoccer podcast (http://www.genwi.com/play/1292130), Rongen is asked why only one international player was called up for the May friendly against Argentina. Rongen says that he is keeping close tabs on all of them and, w/r/t Subotic he responds as follows: "Neven Subotic is injured, unfortunately. He has an abductor strain that Mainz feels is pretty serious so I would almost rule him out not only for this game but probably for final selection." He goes on to say that he was unable to get any of the other internationals released for the Argentina friendly.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
see it will depend on the US if they want to cap him , and if they do , sub will play for thatr US , for sure

1 - 20 of 66 Posts