·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were drawn in the group with:
-slovakia
-south africa
-japan

I just hope we do not lose to Japan as we did in atlanta :( Japan scored a goal without touching the ball...all Aldair and Dida's fault :(

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor ate o fim.
A Corrente Jamais Sera Quebrada!
THE WORLD IS OURS

T

·
0 Posts
when do they call up the teams???

Also, could you guys give your summaries and opinions on Atlanta96...on the team and ronaldo's performance...

I read about the loss to Nigeria...But, I didnt see any games or hear anything else...I was away that whole summer...

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its gonna be 2 weesk before the tournament.
Luxemburgo has a 56 name list of possible call ups. this week he added Roger (fluminense), Edmundo and Franca to his list :)

The 96 team was brilliant, pity that we lost to NIgeria and japan, din't do very good in Atlanta :(

team was:

Dida
Ze maria Aldair Ronaldo (atletico-mg) Roberto Carlos

Flavio Conceicao Amaral (Ze Elias)

Juninho (boro) Rivaldo

Bebeto Savio (Ronaldo)

Ronaldo played well, at the end of the tournaent he got the place in the first team, over Savio who was a complete pussy! :(
Only Flavio Conceicao, Ze Elias and Ronaldo played goos football that was expected by EVERYONE :(

This year's team is gonna be also BRILLIANT :)

Helton (Vasco)

Baiano (Santos) Fabio Bilica (Venezia) Alvaro (Sao Paulo) Athirson (Flamengo)

Edu (Corinthians) Felipe (Vasco)

Alex (palmeiras) Denilson or Pedrinho (Vasco)

Ronaldinho Gaucho (Gremio) Reinaldo (Flamengo)

Subs:

Fabio Costa (Santos)

Daniel (Corinthians) ??? Luiz Alberto (Flamengo) Fabio Aurelio (Sao Paulo)

Fabiano (Sao Paulo) Mozart (Flamengo)

Edu (Sao Paulo) Pedrinho (Vasco) Roger(Fluminense)

Lucas (Atletico-PR)or Fabio Jr (Cruzeiro)

Add 3 over 23 players and take 3 out of the squad....that should be it.
I think the 3 over aged players will be Cafu, Emerson and Romario. I don't care whoever goes.....if Romario is their :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
THE WORLD IS OURS

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Like I said Falcao, it will be a walk in the park if arrogance does not get the better of the squad!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
that was an very easy group,brazil will crush their bones!!
what happened to italy,against who will they play?
watch out for fabio bilica,he is really good!!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
This should be a walk in the park....if arrogance does not become a problem!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
it's amazing how many of you are saying "easy group," "walk in the park" "we will crush them" and all that other stuff. it's that kind of superior attitude that causes brazil to lose! i hope the players don't think the same way, or we surely will be crying again!

ze da fiel, you know you did not include dida or rivaldo in your team. i'm certain luxemburgo will think very hard about taking those two players, even though i think he should not. dida is playing like a girl recently for brazil (except the game against england, when he was very good). and rivaldo is playing too many games. he needs a rest.

but i agree: this team is beautiful!!! all we need is a player next to ronaldinho who is guaranteed to score goals: and his name is ROMARIO!

ze da fiel, can you imagine how many goals romario the master can score when he is playing against defenders and goalkeepers who are 18 or 19 or 20 years old? they will be so afraid of romario. they will be asking for his autograph during the game!

tonyp3, the loss to nigeria is the lowest point in all the years i have been watching brazil! i saw a tape of the game about a year later. i already knew the score, but when i saw the game, i was devastated. i almost cried! brazil was winning 3-1 and had only a few more minutes to play. but then it all fell apart because of kanu. nigeria won the game in extra time and celebrated like crazy. the brazilians were shocked. many of them just sat on the field because they couldn't believe it. it was an even bigger shock than brazil 2-italy 3 in world cup 1982. at least in 1982 the players were able to walk off the field.

brazil must win this olympics.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
luxemburgo should use the under-23 team instead of the older players. the older players have lost all their passion for the game. but these young guys still know how to play.

baiano scored an incredible goal in pre-olympics against chile. it was like josimar in the 86 or 90 world cup. he was on the right side of the penalty area, he dribbled a guy and then he hit a wicked curving shot with his left foot into the top left hand corner. the goalie had no chance!

fabio bilica is AWESOME!!!!!! edu, athrison -- these are the guys who will be in the next world cup. not vagabundos like antonio carlos and aldair and cesar sampaio. cesar sampaio eh um perna-de-pau!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
luxemburgo said todat yhat the draw was very difficult,japan's team was many times better than the senior team.
what does he mean with that?
to me it seems that,it was an very easy draw

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The thing is that who trains japan, and who taught them all the football mentality was US! :)
So they basically know what we think, and they'll play defending. JAPAN WERE SECOND IN LAST EYARS U-21...so it WILL NOT be all that easy...but of course with the quality we have , we should beat them EASY :)

Falcao, We don't need Rivaldo, we have Pedrinho , Denilson and Roger, who can all play to Rivaldo's level. Actually perdinho plays much more to the team than Rivaldo does, so he can be more useful to us :)

Alos, Rivaldo was an overaged player in Atalnta and he flopped in 96, so whygive him a nother chance, when we have so much talent to choose from?

In goal, we don't need Dida, except for penalties, Helton can do the job.....he took over the place of Carlos Germano in the goal of Vasco, and made Carlos Germano go to Santos. He can cope with Brazil I think :)

Falcao, sicne when did you start to follow us?
My lowest point was 82..then 86, those penaltis to France killed me. Than 90 that run from maradona and that crap team we had killed me :(
Then 98 that stupid final......but that team lacked the "winning spirit", I thought that since the start. How could we lose to Norway the way we did? It was pathetic!
Only Dunga , Cesar Sampaio , Rivaldo and Cafu we worhtless of any praise, cause all the rest were crap. Roberto Carlos smiling after Brazil conceded goals.....big shame :(

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
THE WORLD IS OURS

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
ze da fiel, i remember my father telling me about brazil from when i was really, really small. but the first time i followed brazil in a tournament was the 1982 world cup. i am not very upset by the loss in the 82 cup because it is obvious that only the devil could have beaten italy that year. it was destiny for italy, ze da fiel, and there was nothing brazil could do. but brazil played the best football i've ever seen, so i'm not disappointed too much.

the loss to nigeria in the olympics killed me because of the quality of the team brazil had and how they lost. it was a terrible way to lose.

and i was more upset by the 98 wc loss to norway than i was by the loss to france. dunga said it best: to beat norway, brazil only had to do what brazilians love to do -- hold the ball. but they failed to do that. it was disgusting to see them lose the ball all the time and give up two goals to a boring team in 11 minutes. in the final, well, i guess i'm still in shock about that one. i have seen tapes of all the world cup matches many times, even the france final 3 times, but i will never watch that norway match again. it was the worst.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts