Xtratime Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OLYMPIC ARE CHAMPIONS :D

What a goal by Milicic to win the championship :cool:

Poor Perth i have to feel sorry for them ;) I guess it proves u cant buy the championship and even infront of 43 000 they get beaten for the 2nd time :D Milicic's Croatian Blood sure was flowing when he scored the goal :D

FORZA OOOOLYYMMMPICCCC :D

·
©
7,230 Posts
I wouldn't be suprised if Glory try and buy Milicic now. The Perth motto should be "if you can't beat them, then buy them." :D

But Olympic totally outplayed them and Glory choked just like the last two years. There were to many cocky Perth fans and hardly anybody in the media gave Olympic a chance of winning so good on them. I bet everybody in the media will talk about Perth losing instead of Olympic winning.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dinamo11 said:
I wouldn't be suprised if Glory try and buy Milicic now. The Perth motto should be "if you can't beat them, then buy them." :D
:dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

Can anything be closer to the truth :D I don't think Ante will go to Perth especially since Despotovski is there ;) Also it wouldnt surprise me if Perth buy Ante Juric who had a magnificent game despite his dislocated elbow :eek:

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
TJK said:
OLYMPIC ARE CHAMPIONS :D

Milicic's Croatian Blood sure was flowing when he scored the goal :D

FORZA OOOOLYYMMMPICCCC :D
:confused:. Why would that be the case. I thought he would be proud for aussie soccer??? unless he is looking for a late WC call up from Croatia :D ;) (and they could do with a striker of his quality)

And that Olympic chat is why i'd like to see the name dropped to just the "Sharks" or something like the "Sutherland sharks" which actually represents the region they are representing. I'm sorry but that chant really gets on my nerve :irritate: (although to be honest the Glory chant which sounds more like a sarcastic laugh or a grunt can get quite annoying also :yuck:

Dinamo11 said:
But Olympic totally outplayed them and Glory choked just like the last two years. There were to many cocky Perth fans and hardly anybody in the media gave Olympic a chance of winning so good on them. I bet everybody in the media will talk about Perth losing instead of Olympic winning
In Perth maybe. Here is will just be forgotten and life will move on like the NSL didn't exist :sigh: :neutral:

I agree about the game though. Perth were pi.ss poor despite their strong midfield. I must admit i don't like the way they seem to be playing their football. Its a very direct style of play and a lot seems to rely on Despotovski and Mori but if they are going to play this way then they should use the wings more. There were so many good opportunities for them to move the ball wide to Horsely and the left midfielder (hassell?) instead of just pumping it up the middle whch was even more useless with Juric playing his sweeping role. I much preferred how they played under Bernd Stange and i think this result proves that he wasn't to blame for Perth losing 2 years ago

TJK said:

Also it wouldnt surprise me if Perth buy Ante Juric who had a magnificent game despite his dislocated elbow
Thats if he doesn't decide to go o/s again since i heard he only signed to the end of the season and i'm sure he'd want to try his luck again after a pretty miserable time on loan with Molde (not his fault though IMO but not getting many opportunities given to him by the coach). It was a great effort by Ante through who was superb at the back and among the best on ground (although i son't think he was tested much physically). He is not the quickest player in the world but his reading of the game would be right up there with the best in the country. The only problem i see wit him is that he probably needs to play at clubs employing a sweeper and/or stopper so he can use his creativity since i think he's too slow to fit into a flat back 4 in a good european league.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
What a game. That was really tight but Olympic out played Perth the whole game and deserved to win.

Poor Perth i have to feel sorry for them
I have to a gree :tongue: They try so hard but can only claim the Minor. Oh well, maybey they can try again next year. And loose again ;) :D

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont understand why u are avoiding using the word Olympic Andreas ;) They can change their name to anything but they will always be known as Olympic to me :D

Regarding the game i think the big factor that u have failed to analyse was the absence of Maloney for Perth. I think had Maloney been playing Perth would have been a different side and the result could have been different but in saying that we can also say that if Halpin played for Olympic i think we would have seen a lot more chances created from both sides.

The absence of Maloney really hurt Perth and lets face it Faria is not in the same calibre of a player such as Maloney and it definitely affected Perth. And what a fine strike by Milicic dribbling past 2 defenders and releasing Owens down the flank who cuts the ball back and Milicic bang into the top corner :cool: A worthy goal to win a Grand Final :D Something NK Rijeka teached him without a doubt ;)

A well deserved win by Olympic :cool:

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
TJK its not so much the name Olympic that annoys me (actually i tend to think of the Olympic games when i hear it :D) but the chants of...Oooooolympic from 300 supporters who put that wicked accent on the chant ala "Wogboy" (can't remeber the name of the actor who also does the KIA Rio ad). I don't know why but that chant just annoys me and if u dropped the work olympic, the chant may go away (although i doubt it :depress: ;) )

I take your point about Perth missing Maloney (especially since he's apparently leaving the Glory :groan: and was really looking forward to the GF in his self titled "small world of Brad Maloney" :D ). However by the same token you could say that the sharks were missing their key playmaker Troy Halpin and you wonder how much better Olympic may have done with it :eekani:

And finally i wonder how all the Milicic "knockers" must be feeling now :D :nasty:. Its good we have players like that with vast European experience in the NSL who are not too far past their peak instead of 40yr old washed up pro's ;)

·
Registered
983 Posts
On the day Olympic played a far superior brand of football.. they played a well controlled passing game where Perth constantly just pumped the ball forward in hope.

On the day the better team won.. i know how Perth fans must feel.. been through the same sh*t with Sydney United.. u come first and lose the grand final.. shi*tty system we got but thats the way it is.

Juric and Milicic by far the best on ground :D

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
We all know in our hearts who the real champions are: The team that wins the ****en minor premiership, by 13 points too. Something really has to be done now, the league must be changed. Perth has won 2 championships already now, let's put it that way. Why we have to be so different from 200 countires in the world is beyond me.

When Wollongong won their two championships theuy finished second in the table, both times, so they have basically "stolen" 2 championships from the Glory and South Melbourne.

About Milicic, he actually played for the Glory in 96 against Sampdoria in the 3-0 friendly loss but somehow the deal collapsed and he went to NAC Breda in Holland.

FORZA GLORY - WE ARE THE REAL CHAMPIONS :cool:

And by the way the Olympic chant rocks :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Perth are the real champions;)

Maybe they didn't play their best in yesterdays game , but they are still easily the best side we have in the league.

You have to feel sorry for their supporters because they are easily the best in the league when it comes to on the field and off.

I think the loss was bad for australiabn soccer as perth have the most supporters maybe they will lose supportes come next season. When parra win.:cool:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Adrian you have it all wrong brutha....if Perth were so good .....and are the real champions why cant they win one single game the last game...the game that matters most?...can you tell me?...i dont think so brutha....13 point lead but cant beat Olympic...

Perth didnt deserve 2000's title and they dont deserve the 2002's title....i'm sorry but in AFL and NRL there are playoff series and for NSL it creates more interest and more money;)...

I'm sorry but Perth dont deserve there title and the way they acted in the Presentation it was a disgrace......

Well done Olympic......

Theres always another Grand Final for Perth next year;)....

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
I have to agree with Daniel32 ... Perth and every other side know the rules when the season starts. A league format, followed by top-6 playoffs.

The attitude of the whole Perth Glory setup has been p1ssing me off for a very long time - the whole arrogance factor is a real turnoff and the last two grand finals in the west have been karma at its best.

Until Perth Glory's players and fans learn to show some respect to the rest of the league this sort of thing will keep on occurring.

Despotovski's post-match interview is the perfect example ... "we're the best team by far" blah blah blah. Well no Bobby, you're not. Because in 20 years time when people look at the record books it will say 2002 NSL Champions - Sydney Olympic. And that's the bottom line.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
dinamo11 said:

and Glory choked just like the last two years. :

Well if Gloy has choked what do you call the Knights in the early to mid 90's. They won the minor premiership in 1991, 1992, 1994 and 1995, and only won the championship in 1995, I think that is what you call choking ;)

·
©
7,230 Posts
So going by your first post the Knights should have four championships!:D

I will admit that the Knights should have won more championships and yes we choked a few times mostly in penalty shoot outs :mad: But if you can't admit that Perth has done the same over the last few years then fine. Maybe they get more scared playing infront of 40,000 people than the oppostion does.:tongue: Perth will no doubt win a championship soon but until they do then minor premierships mean nothing just like all the Knights ones mean nothing.

BTW....the Knights won back to back championships in 95 and 96. :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts