Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it's the second week of February, it's way to early to be posting this but I was thinking about the jibe made in another thread about the players, their contracts and their lack of replacements so I did some digging about.

According to this source (http://www.transfermarkt.de/vereine/00_m.php4?verein_id=683), we have a total of 17 players with contract renewals this summer.
The list reads as follows :-

Summer 2005

Goalkeepers

16-Bucek
29-Dougouroglou
34-Giannou
85-Sapounas

Defenders
02-Patsatzoglou
03-Venetidis
04-Kouloucheris
19-Kostoulas
30-Pantos
32-Anatolakis
33-Lisgaras

Midfielders
05-Rivaldo (+1 Year Extension Option)
06-Stoltidis (+2 Year Extension Option)
11-Djordjevic
31-Georgiadis
77-Mendrinos

Forwards
09-Okkas
10-Giovanni
27-Filipakos

Summer 2006

Defenders

12-Schurrer
13-Rezic
14-Mavrogenidis (+1 Year Extension Option)

Midfielders
01-Kafes (+2 Year Extension Option)
21-Georgatos

Attackers
18-D'Acol (+3 Year Extension Option)

Summer 2007 and after

Goalkeepers

71-Nikopolidis (2007)

Defenders
25-Spyros Vallas (2007)

Midfielders
17-Taralidis (2008)
08-Maric (2009)
07-Castillo (2010)

So of the list of players who are expiring this summer, I would be expecting that we would retain :-

Dougouroglou, Giannou, Sapounas, Venetidis, Anatolakis, Lisgaras, Rivaldo, Stoltidis, Djordjevic, Mendrinos, Okkas, Filipakos

The list that I would expect to leave would be :-

Bucek, Patsatzoglou, Kostoulas, Kouloucheris, Pantos, Georgiadis, Giovanni

Personally I'd of liked Giovanni to stay but he's homesick and wants to return to the team he started off in. How that affects Rivaldo is anyones guess but I'm praying that he'll stay. Unfortunately, Patsatzoglou's had his 3rd or 4th operation now and I think his playing career is now over. It'd be nice for the club to give him a non-playing role but I wouldn't expect him to be retained.

When all's said and done, we probably won't be losing that many players. We desperately need more attackers but we've known that for 2 years now and Georgiadis's place will probably be given to Rivaldo, Maric or Castillo on a more permanent basis. The others arn't really first team players anyway so I don't think we'll be missing them too much.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Its a real shame what happend to Patsatzoglou...
Im surprised you would miss Giovanni, he hasent done much outside of Greece. His loss though could probably affect rivaldo one way or another...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Giovanni finally leaving would be the best thing to happen to Olympiakos for a long time.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Bajevic is building a team that will dominate in years to come. Olympiakos have some very good young players and Bajevic is just the coach to bring out the very best in those players. D'acol, Phillipakos, Lisgaras, Mendrinos, Castillo,Giannou ,Taralidis, vallas and Maric are all young and Bajevic will work these players.
Add to this the fact that Olympiakos will be very active in the summer transfer period as an Olympiakos fan im very optimistic about our teams future.
Mantzios could well be wearing an Olympiakos jersey next year and you will all see a much younger and more stable Olympiakos squad that players.Other players also mentionedare Baikara and Zampropoulos from Xanthi.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rumours so far...
Of the initial list of players expiring this summer :-

Bucek has been offered to Kalamarias in a part exchange deal
Kouloucheris has re-signed but may be going on loan
It appears that Patsatzoglou won't be re-signed but will be offered a non-playing role
Giovanni has moved to Santos
Filipakos has re-signed with the club
Djordjevic has re-signed with the club.
The rumours are flying that Rezic and Maric will both be leaving the club in the summer.

I guess that we will be finding out about all the moves after a new coach has been appointed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lucky these things mentioned are mainly rumours!! Because I disagree especially about Patsatzoglou. Especially because one thing he's 26 years old. Next is that the guy has been going back and forth to his doctor in Finland who operated on him and getting checked, and has been training and doing excellent progress. I doubt that the club would've put him through all this trouble if they weren'y gonna keep him.

He will be in the squad at the summer camp and will properly prepare with the rest of the team for the new season.

Maric will be with us also, and I wouldn't be surprised if they give Rezic a better chance.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Hey mates ... I am collecting my favourite player Rivaldo's career-statistics but I'm very clumsy with the greek letters. So can you by any chance tell my how many league-games Rivaldo played in 2004/05 and how many league goals he scored? Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Rivaldo was top scorer for Olympiakos with 12 goals in the league. He also scored a few goals in the Greek Cup too.

I don't know exactly how many matches exactly he played, but I can tell you that he didn't miss many.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Rivaldo's stats can be found here (English language link) :-

http://www.olympiacos.org/players.aspx?pid=1191&pagetype=football&teamid=1&seasonid=16&

The stats at the bottom read for League, Cup, Champs League and UEFA Cup.

Edit :- No it isn't English after all, so here's the stats for you :-

Greek League

Participations :- 24 out of 30
Total Goals :- 11
Headers :- 1
Shots :- 8
Free-kicks :- 1
Penalties :- 1

Missed Penalties :- 0
Own Goals :- 0
Hit the bars :- 5
Red Cards :- 0
Yellow Cards :- 1
Participation Time :- 1893 minutes

Greek Cup

Participations :- 6
Total Goals :- 2
Headers :- 0
Shots :- 1
Penalties :- 0

Hit the bars :- 0
Yellow Cards :- 1
Participation Time :- 448 minutes

Champions League

Participations :- 6 out of 6
Total Goals :- 1
Shots :- 0

Yellow Cards :- 0
Participation Time :- 537 minutes

UEFA Cup

Participations :- 3 out of 4
Total Goals :- 0 (1 damn good assist though)
Shots :- 0
Free-kicks :- 0

Yellow Cards :- 0
Participation Time :- 236 minutes

Hope this was of some use to you..

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Thank you very much, friends :) Especially for those explicit stats you gave me, Marcus. :thmbup: Good to see Rivo showed that he still has it ... I've seen his goal in the cup-final. outstanding. :eek: He will stay for another year in Piräus, will he?
Força Olympiakos! :star:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Crikey, loks like 'G10vanni' was right. Patsatzoglou is recovering in light training along with Venetidis.
Hovnanisian and Lisgaras are currently training with the U-18's (of Armenia and Greece) and would appear to be earmarked for inclusion in the first team at some time this coming season.
More words are also being written about the free transfer of Konstantinou to us. God, I hope not!!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Konstantinou transfer now looks like a done deal and he will be presented to the fans in the next few days. I only hope it's the Konstantinou that scored 15 goals last year and not the heap of crap that scored 5 goals in two previous seasons.
The Mpenza transfer continues on with Hamburg wanting €3m whereas we are offering €2.7m, hopefully they will acquiesce and let him come.
The other target mentioned in the news is ex-Aris (& AEK) goalkeeper Sotirios Lymberopoulos as a replacement for Bucek.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Konstantinou and Toure were both announced as official transfers last night. I've heard a rumour that Hamburg are not shifting from the €3m figure for Emile Mpenza and the transfer may now be off.

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Marcus7 said:
Konstantinou and Toure were both announced as official transfers last night. I've heard a rumour that Hamburg are not shifting from the €3m figure for Emile Mpenza and the transfer may now be off.
As far as i know, we asked for 4 Mio for Mpenza while Olympiakos last offer was indeed 2,7 Mio. I don't think that the deal would stall upon just 300 k €, but 1,3 Mio is a big difference. Hope that we keep Mpenza, i sense that he will have a good season...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, you're right. The €1.3m story is a lot more plausible than the €0.3m and you're probably right with the upper figure.
The transfer has dragged on for long enough now and I'm starting to think that he won't be coming. It's a shame but we're big enough to survive.
Another forward is needed by the team though.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Olympiakos have now made another acquisition in the shape of Erol Bulut, a Turkish midfielder. He has joined from 1860 Munich on a 2+1 contract.

Another rumour doing the rounds is that we being linked to Erwin Lemmens, a Belgian goalkeeper who was previously with Espanyol. Some reports are also saying that we have already signed him but nothing official yet.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Actually I believe Bulut is a Left sided player (defense?). I think it was a good pick up. Especially with Venetidis in doubt and Georgatos our only player in that position.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Have any of you seen Yaya Touré already? How are his direct competitors for the position of defensive midfielder?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No, haven't seen him yet. Hopefully will hear about him this week and watch him on Saturday.

Erwin Lemmens is now our 7th official transfer and has signed a 2+1 year deal.
In an interview, Trond Sollied has repeated that he really wants Emile Mpenza to be transferred over...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts