Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think (and hope) Oly blow them out.They've won 14 out of 14 in Karaiskaki this season...this should be 15/15

·
Banned
195 Posts
Difficult match...Sochaux are a very dangerousand unpredictable team.
Ill be happy with a 2-0 win.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Looks like Giovanni will be on the bench for this game.
There is a rumour going around that one of our central defenders for this match will be Pantos to counter the speed of the fast Soschaux strikers.
Lets see what system Bajevic goes with.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
OSFP should win 2-0. They'll get a result away as well. :cap:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
OSFP will win 1-0 at home, and away score will probably be 1-1 or 0-0...

·
Registered
17 Posts
REDHOT7 said:
Looks like Giovanni will be on the bench for this game.
There is a rumour going around that one of our central defenders for this match will be Pantos to counter the speed of the fast Soschaux strikers.
Lets see what system Bajevic goes with.
NO NOT PANTOS. ANYONE BUT PANTOS.

4-0 for Thrylos!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Last year Sochaux wasn't far from eliminating Inter Milan in UEFA Cup. Logically, Olympiacos should qualify but don't forget the games between AJ Auxerre and Panathinaikos last year, where Pana was eliminated.

I think that OSFP will win the first game 2-1.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Bajevic and Olympiakos officials are very upset with Giovanni. The Brazilian ruled himself out of the Sochaux match preferring to go and have selective root canal surgery on his tooth instead. He did not inform his coach or management of his decision but just went aheadand did it.
Another example of Giovanni putting himself ahead of the team :nono:

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Should be a win for Oly, hopefully you guys score a couple and concede none. Karaiskaki has become an intimidating stadium in the short while it's been there, so I expect a great atmosphere.

Best of luck bro's! :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
i have learned over the years never to trust olympiakos in europe,i dont like the way they have been playing,and they are capable of bringing great calamity upon themselves ,look at liverpool game.very tricky game against the french.giovani out ,is a blessing.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'm getting nervous about this one already. It's going to be tough but we have enough strength to see them off. Let's hope Bajevic plays an offensive formation and we really go for it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Preview from UEFA

Absences will not dampen atmosphere
Thursday, 17 February 2005
Greek league leaders Olympiacos CFP are without five key players as they put their perfect European home record in 2004/05 on the line against FC Sochaux-Montbéliard in their UEFA Cup Round of 32 encounter.

Absent quartet
Not only are regular centre-backs Gabriel Schürrer and Georgios Anatolakis suspended following Olympiacos's UEFA Champions League exit at Liverpool FC, but left-back Stylianos Venetidis and winger Georgios Georgiadis are out for the season with knee ligament damage and striker Giovanni is absent after unscheduled dental surgery.

Team changes
Home coach Dušan Bajevic will play Athanasios Kostoulas and Spyridon Vallas in central defence, while Grigorios Georgatos and Anastasios Pantos compete for the Venetidis role. Meanwhile, Miloš Maric should start on the right of midfield with Rivaldo and Ioannis Okkas leading the line.

Winning tactic
Bajevic said: "We must try to avoid conceding a goal. I think we can win, but that will take patience and discipline." For this first-leg tie, fans will be readmitted to the Georgios Karaiskakis stadium, from which supporters are currently serving a four-match domestic ban.

Intimidating atmosphere
Sochaux coach Guy Lacombe admits the atmosphere will be intimidating. "We have spoken a lot about this with the players," he said. "If we let the venue and the crowd affect us, we will have no chance."

Menez chance
Midfielder Wilson Oruma and defender Ibrahim Tall are injured, while striker Ilan has failed to overcome a groin problem. With fellow forward Jaouad Zairi involved in a car crash on Tuesday, 17-year-old Jérémy Menez, freshly returned from the UEFA-CAF Meridian Cup in Turkey, could step in.

Sochaux spirit
Defender Sylvain Monsoreau hopes to take inspiration from the 6-2 aggregate win against BV Borussia Dortmund in the second round last season. "We will have to recapture the spirit we had when we edged out Dortmund," he said.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
The only real losses you guys are suffering from are your 2 CB's...
Regardless 1-0 win for OSFP. They seem to like that margin at home.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Game has started.......

Our lineup ... Nikopolidis , Mavrogennidis, Vallas , Kostoulas , Georgatos , Maric, Kafes , Stoltidis, Djordjevic, Rivaldo , Okkas.

Vallas hits the post in the 4th minute.
Seems like weve started well.

·
Banned
195 Posts
17 minutes gone 0-0.

·
Banned
195 Posts
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL Okkas with an assist by Ribo , 29 th minute.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Sochaux are continuously fouling our players to break our Rythme.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
39. minute still 1-0 :thmbup:

·
Banned
195 Posts
1-0 halftime.
I have to go to owrk....hope we can grab a couple of more goals at halftime.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts