Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 6 days time the big 2 of the Greek league will clash again.They are locked on 20 points,behind Aek who has 21 points going into next weeks games.Aek also takes part in the 2nd biggest derby of the Greek league...PAOK-AEK.What a weekend next week promises to be :)

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
PAO_ARSENAL said:
In 6 days time the big 2 of the Greek league will clash again.They are locked on 20 points,behind Aek who has 21 points going into next weeks games.Aek also takes part in the 2nd biggest derby of the Greek league...PAOK-AEK.What a weekend next week promises to be :)
PAOK-AEK never was a traditional rivalry and never will be.I can't see where you're coming from calling it the second biggest derby in the league :confused:

Anyway,i predict a win for Oly and a draw in Salonica

·
Registered
377 Posts
Can you think of any derbies that are much bigger in the last few years at least?

The "dikefaloi" have been pretty intense with each other lately.

Remember PAOK winning the 3rd place and then when they lost the CL qualifier how crazy AEK fans went (biggest complexes in Greece).

AEK beating PAOK really bad (3 years ago I think) 6-2???

None of this stuff is forgotten, so I would say that if not the 2nd biggest (all matches between AEK, PAO & OSFP are bigger) it is getting to be one of the most intense.

One thing that is keeping rivalries cool is the not allowing fans to travel.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Note to all the British Veiwers: You can watch a delayed version of this match on British Eurosport on Sunday 22:30.The whole match.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Of course I'll be rooting for our red bros at Olympiakara. :)

As for derbies, how bout Thessaloniki, Aris, PAOK and Iraklis? From what I've read and seen PAOK's fans seem to be extremely passionate, although I'm biased towards Oly.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah, Olympiakos vs. Panathinaikos is the biggest derby by far! In Thessaloniki, you have to give it to Aris vs. PAOK... Big rivalry that gets pretty intense w/ the fans. Lately AEK and PAOK have been going at it, but no way would I call it a big derby... it's just a good game. As an Olympiakos fan, I consider all the other teams other than Panathinaikos equal. Panathinaikos is our biggest rival and I have more hate for them then all the other teams combined!

THRYLE S'AGAPO!

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PAO OLE OLE OLE

Schurrer is out for Olympaikos through injury.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
PAOK - AEK is a very, very big match, but it's no derby because there is no rivalry between these two teams. The REAL derbies in Greece are Olympiakos - Panathinaikos (Athens derby), PAOK - Aris (Thessaloniki derby) and to some extent Olympiakos - PAOK (the biggest team of Athens vs the biggest team of the North).

Having said that, all combinations between the 3 of Athens and PAOK are big games. Just some have a special level of intensity and rivalry while others do not.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After a tense game Olympiakos won 1-0 thanks to a great 35 yard curling free-kick from Rivaldo.I belive a draw would have been a fair result but oh well.The return game in leoforos will be much more important in terms of deciding who will win the title...

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
PAO_ARSENAL said:
After a tense game Olympiakos won 1-0 thanks to a great 35 yard curling free-kick from Rivaldo.I belive a draw would have been a fair result but oh well.The return game in leoforos will be much more important in terms of deciding who will win the title...
Expect a fine (or even ban) being put on the team for all that crap being thrown at your players...

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Rivaldo :) Glad to see he's scoring for our Greek brothers :thmbup:

Does anyone have a video clip of the goal?

How are Olympiakos finding him? I saw him against Liverpool a few months ago, and he looked a bit lazy (nothing new there ;) ), but I still think he will always have that magic in his left foot :cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
PAO_ARSENAL said:
does anyone hav clips from this match

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Barca fan Rivaldo is simply magic. His touches and "dances" flash every now and then. He caused Panathinaikos all sorts of problems today, and scored a beauty of a free kick. My only gripe was early in the game a cross was sent in, he was far post all alone with a free shot (1 time from the air) and blasted it over the bar.... But he made up for it. ;)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
By the way, how useless was Giovanni? He is great at scoring 3 goals against Ionikos and pointing at the sky, but he fails to do anything good in one more big match.

·
Registered
615 Posts
THats not true Amo..
Ok..i agree he was average today, but usually he is good at derbies!!
I ll try to find some stats for you :eek:
Where Gio is crapp is on CL away matches, but against PAO or AEK he scores a lot!!

By the way....Rivaldo was amazing today---by far his best game with Olympiacos jersey!!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
PAOK - AEK game ended 1-1. A tie is good in toumpa but I still think we deserved the win... we were better allround. It took 1 careless instance to cost us 2 points..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts