Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We play Newcastle for the UEFA cup this thursday.
Newcastke have been in good form the last 2 months but I think that if we can stop 3 of their player (Bowyer, Dyer and Shearer ) we can win this match .
Our team played very well against PAOK yesterday and was unlucky not to win the game. We too seem to have found some form at the right time.

THRYLE GERA ....if we knock out Newcastle we will go very close to winning the UEFA cup.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Geia sou RedHot!

I dont want to sound negative here but I cannot see Olympiakos getting past Newcastle, they may be able to get a draw at home however I cannot see a result at St James Park, unfortunately we do not have the firepower up front to cause damage. Our strength lies in our midfield, if we can control this area then we may have a chance....the result against Paok is dissapointing, however missed chances again has cost us, and we are seeing this quite regularly..we cannot put any team away for the life of us. We are relying heavily on Stoltidi who is a midfielder to win us the game off his own boot! I hope I am wrong. Take a look at the pace we play at compare to Newcastle...there is a huge difference! I havent even gone into skill level yet, just pace. Skill level is another story which I dont even want to think about!

Thinking that we can win the uefa cup is crazy, if we had world class strikers we may have been an outside chance - i like the sydney olympic attitude :happy: :shades: ok plaka sou kano

And for everyones sake, I can`t wait until GIovanni leaves this season and I hope Castillo goes with him. It`s time we start developing this team, it may cost us a championship or two but for long term we will be better off.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Hello Olympiakos fans, just wondering if you guys could give me a bit of info about your team, what do you think the starting line up is going to be and what's the latest team news?

This will definately be our toughest test in Europe so far this season, it should be a great tie :)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hi prodigy. Rivaldo was rested from this weekend in preperation for this game. I'd expect the lineup to be 4-5-1 and probably not too far from :-.
Nikopolidis (GK) - (Current Greek NT Goalkeeper)
Mavrogendis(RB) - (May not be though as he came off injured yesterday)
Anatolakis (CB) - (Experienced defender. Probably the best player all year so far.)
Schurrer (CB) - (Argentinian Ex-Real Soc. Player. Good partnership with Anatolakis)
Georgatos (LB) - (Another highly experienced player in good form at the minute.)
Maric (RM) - (22yr Serbian. Bright and energetic player but a bit of an unknown qty.)
Stoltidis (CM) - A good central midfielder who can also score goals (As Liverpool found)
Kostoulas (CM) - Not too sure on him but he seems to be doing OK. He's really a def.
Djordjevic (LM) - (Capt). A brilliant player on the day, can really turn games around.
Rivaldo (CF) - Sure you already know of this guy....
Okkas (ST) - Cypriot International who can't score for toffee. 3 goals all season?

Will you be at St James for the return leg? I'll be posting pictures from my trip in this forum.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Kostoulas plays in defence, when he is in the line up along with Schurrer and Anatolakis, Olympiakos plays a 3-man defence.

And Maric is crap. I don't understand why he gets picked ahead of Kafes.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Kostoulas has been playing in midfield for the last 5 matches or so. I'm not too sure on him in that particular position because I always thought of him as a defender as well but he seems to adapt well.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Kostoulas plays in defence, when he is in the line up along with Schurrer and Anatolakis, Olympiakos plays a 3-man defence.

And Maric is crap. I don't understand why he gets picked ahead of Kafes.
probably because kafes is crap too :stuckup:

If OSFP manage to get by newcastle then I cant see them winning the championship... OSFP havent played Euro games in the new year since 99 and their team was easily the best then... now it is not and they have little depth...

It will be intersesting to see how the players handle the fatigue factor having never played late season derbies after midweek euro ties

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Marcus7 said:
Kostoulas has been playing in midfield for the last 5 matches or so. I'm not too sure on him in that particular position because I always thought of him as a defender as well but he seems to adapt well.
I'm not sure if you have seen your team play recently, but I saw the games against Sosheaux and PAOK and he played in defence next to Schurrer and Anatolakis. Olympiakos has been using a 3-man defence recently.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Amoroso is correct Kostoulas has been used as a stopper next to Analtolakis with shurrer sweeping.
However Kostoulas has played a couple of games this season in the midfield also.

As for Goonis analysis regarding Olympiakos missing out on the title if we knock out Newcastle....I disagree....I think if we do knock out Newcastle the teams confidence will reach new heights and we will sustain this good morale in the championship.
Olympiakos has shown signs lately that the team is starting to peak at the right time.
Weare a chance forall 3 competitions, im stil very confident we will win the league in Greece, we have the better players and of late the better team.

As for Maric, Maric is not crap, the guy is settling in well, he has an amazing workrate and will only improve.

·
Registered
468 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
I'm not sure if you have seen your team play recently, but I saw the games against Sosheaux and PAOK and he played in defence next to Schurrer and Anatolakis. Olympiakos has been using a 3-man defence recently.
Yes you're right. He was in a 3-man defence for the PAOK game. It's my brain freezing over. <sobs> :frownani:

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Thanks very much for thr info Marcus :) We have a couple of key players out for this match, Boumsong is ineligible :( while Babayaro has picked up a knock on his knee and won't travel. Its a shame because the defense has really improved with Boumsong playing at the heart of it, he seems to bring the best out of Bramble.

Our possible line up:

Given
Carr O'Brien Bramble Hughes
Dyer Butt Faye Robert
Shearer Kluivert

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THis match will be shown by the Olympiacos.org website....It will cost $5.00 for members and $8.00 for non members. I believe livesport.gr is the link.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Bear in mind that Newcastle have a cup tie against spurs on Satdee.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
10 minutes before kick off....it seems we will be playinga 3-5-2 system.
Nikopolidis, Mavrogenidis, Anatolakis, Kostoulas, Shurrer , Georgatos, Djorjevic, Maric, Stoltidis, Rivaldo, Okkas is the lineup.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Giovanni is not what one can call a first team regular, is he? Still good luck, Olympiakos

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The spanish Referee is BASTARD...he has just awarded a penalty to Newcaste in the 12th minute and sent of Georgatos for absolutely nothing.Absolutely no foul committed let alone worthy ofa red card....
Sheraer scored from the referees gift 0-1

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Penalty for Olympiakos now...the bastard spaniard though doe not give thema red a card.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL 1-1 .....16 th minute.... Bastrad referee ont keep us down....we will fight this match even if we have to play the remaining match with 10 players.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.