Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had a look at the teams that are left in the UEFA cup and I must say that if we get our act together we can win this competition this year, we can beat any of the teams that are left in this competition.
Lisbon prepare for another Greek invasion in May only this time we will be wearing red and white. :thmbup:
I havea feel we will experience something very special this year from our team.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Lets see how we do against Newcastle, this will be one hell of a match as they are one of the the (if not, the) biggest team left in the competition. If we can beat them, then we may have a chance but we didn't play that brilliantly last night and Newcastle put 4 past Sochieux in the group round as well.

Does anyone know which way the match will be played on the 10th and 17th. ie. Which date are we in Newcastle?

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure but I think the 1st match is in Piraeus .
By the way the Bookies are paying $17.00 for Olympiakos to win the UEFA cup.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
The Geordies have a decent side, but they're not invincible. It all depends on how you fare at St James' Park. And isn't Marcus a lucky bugger. Second time in a season!

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Newcastle have a decent side but they have an appalling defence which we must take advantage off. In 26 Premier league matches to date they have conceded no less than 43 goals. They are definately not a better team than Monaco or Liverpool .

ps...The first match is definately being played at Karaiskaki. However had Panathinaikos qualified also our first match would have been away...

Στο Καραϊσκάκη το πρώτο ματς με Νιούκαστλ

Οριστικά στο «Γ.Καραϊσκάκης» θα γίνει το πρώτο ματς (10 Μαρτίου) του Ολυμπιακού με την Νιούκαστλ για τους «16» του Κυπέλλου ΟΥΕΦΑ. Ένα ματς που θα συνδυαστεί με τα 80χρονα γενέθλια του Θρύλου. Σύμφωνα με την κλήρωση που αρχικά είχε διεξαχθεί (φάσεις 32 και 16) τόσο ο Ολυμπιακός, όσο και ο Παναθηναϊκός επρόκειτο να παίξουν γηπεδούχοι στα πρώτα τους ματς για τους «16». Επειδή δεν ήταν δυνατό να γίνουν δύο τόσο μεγάλοι αγώνες στο Λεκανοπέδιο την ίδια μέρα, ο Παναθηναϊκός ως πρωταθλητής διατηρούσε το δικαίωμα να παραμείνει γηπεδούχος στο πρώτο ματς και να αλλάξει η έδρα του Ολυμπιακού. Επειδή όμως οι «πράσινοι» δεν προκρίθηκαν το ματς του Ολυμπιακού μένει ως έχει.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Newcastle isnt the Newcastle of a few years ago they can be beat.i cant see why we cant win the whole thing.the only team that can beat thrylos is thrylos itself.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Newcastle have a decent side but they have an appalling defence which we must take advantage off. In 26 Premier league matches to date they have conceded no less than 43 goals.
Ah yeas, Titus Brambel. Just had to say the name.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Oly can beat Newcastle if they play their best,but it will be a great tie.Both teams are both in the top 5 teams left in the competition.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
And they have Souness as coach! :eekani:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Evil 37 said:
...And isn't Marcus a lucky bugger. Second time in a season!
The tickets being ordered now....
I'm going to take the digital camera again and get a load more photos. Newcastle have a first rate side and they are certainly worthy of a lot of respect but we do have a good advantage in Souness being crap.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I'm going to take the digital camera again and get a load more photos.
Cool! :thmbup:

but we do have a good advantage in Souness being crap.
Let's face it, much as I'm not a fan of kermit I do think he's better than Souness. :moan:

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
I think Olympiakos would win the game with the odd goal. Strangley, I don't think the game will be won or lost on Souness' tactics...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts