Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this may have been discussed before (or maybe not) but I'd like to say that what I'll write here is based on an opinion of a Greek friend (half Greek, half Egyptian) who happens to support both Panathinaikos and Inter.

He told me lots of stories about Olympiakos, and how they're corrupted and even get more help than Juventus :eekani:

So I'd like to know what yall think about that issue. Wether you're neutrals, Olympiakos or Panathinaikos supporters, feel free to express your opinions. It's a topic that interests me as I barely know anything at all about Greek football, apart from your brave national team that won the European championship. :thmbup:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
LOL

it works both ways, it is well known that the big three in Greece (PAO, OSFP, AEK) get a lot of 'help' from the FA and from referees. Essentially teams like Aris, Iraklis, Xanthi, Panionios, etc. get the shaft and it pretty much prevents them from ever having a true shot at winning the title.

But yes a lot of corruption and back-door dealings exist in Greek soccer, after hooliganism this is the number one problem that Greece faces athletically today.

·
Registered
468 Posts
With the current government, I would have said that Olympiakos gets penalised a lot more than they used to. G00nis is right about the big three getting all the hep from the ref's and certain teams never getting decisions their way. Especially Xanthi with ref Germanikos :jester:.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts