Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
great player from swedens national team and also real santander,roma was interested in him a while ago but not anymore.
i think this player have to play in some better team,what do you think?

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
after

his preformances in the match against turkey and rihght now against italy as well, a bright future!!!
Italy just scored as i'm writing this, byebye sweden!!!
:(

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hope roma signes him,he was great!!!!

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Facts about the transfer

According to sportal.se Roma are interested in the Swedish defender Olof Mellberg.The 23-year old player has said that he wants to leave the Spanish crap club Racing Santander and the price that Roma would have to pay according to Racing´s contract with Mellberg would be nearly £8.5 million.Unless Racing gets relegated they might get him for a cheaper(spelling) price.

My personal thoughts

I think that Mellberg is way too good for playing for Racing,but I am wondering if Roma would be the right club.I would love to see him in Italy but that would also mean that I want to see him play.I don´t think he will be doing that in Roma where Samuel has Mellbergs position.So if he would go to Roma and be happy with the bench,then I would rather see him in Inter so that we get a Swede also and get some damn attention in this country :fero:

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
I am certain Mellberg could beat outt Samuel or anyone else they throw at him. This could be a fantastic move, he should definetly sign for the club. But £8,5 million sounds like a LOT of money, is Roma willing to pay that much? Not that I don't think he is worth it in these crazy times, but clubs that pay that much must really want that player, and buying a player for that much and putting him on the subs bench makes no sense.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Ok,Orange Mellberg is my Swedish favorite player but I know Roma and their defenders.Have you seen Samuel?The man has this season been maybe the best defender in Serie A and Mellberg is deffinetely not better than Samuel either.I think Samuel is only 21-22 also and already this good,so don´t count on that Mellberg would bench a superstar like Samuel,because that this ridiculous.Mellberg is very good,but not that good :)

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
roma's defence isn't really thier biggest problem,samuel is pure worldclass and has showed that he's defenitely one of the best defenders in the world this season,zago has also done well even if he was transferlisted in the pre-season.
zebina the young frenchman is also doing well and im just waiting to see his debut for the french NT.well actually mostly of their defenders are pretty good,mellberg is used as an central defender right?and if he would be joing roma he would be sitting on the bench their aswell,ofcourse he's good but not really roma class,but i wouldn't be sad to see him in italy,more swedes to serie A is an positive thing:)

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited by Moderator)
Mellberg to Milan?

heard they wanna sign him also,don't know if i should trust sportal but his team are close to be relagated and he'll probably leave anyway,but come on milan isn't it a too big club for him,what about bologna?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Milan have a couple of central defenders.
Billy but next season will probably be his last.
RJ who hasn´t shown that he´s good enough.
Maldini is playing as a central defender because of Coco took his place on the left side.
Chamot is avarage.
And we can also use Kaladze in the defence and we will probably do that next season when Max, Redondo and Albertini are all fit.

But Mellberg is a great defender and he´s young too.
If Milan buys him he would never be a starter and would probably loan him to a team like Bologna..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts