Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot believe the man who got us to qualify for the World Cup after 16 years is the same man who broke all of our hearts. What he was thinking in starting Baia over future Superstar Ricardo, we will never know. And out of nowhere he switches the formation with out ever trying it against an opppenet in a freindly is unforgivable. I have supported A.O. throught his tenure which is sure to be over now unless he can get us to the Final, which I beleive is still a possibilty. But the second i saw the starting line-up i almost wanted to cry. Why the hell would he put in Joao Pinto behind Pauleta. That is Rui Costa's space to roam and all he did was get in his way which gave one of our best players no room at all. I wish that guy would get a red card for diving so for one he could learn his damn lesson and two, be suspended so A.O. doesnt even have the opportunity to put him in. Also by putting in that bastard he took out one of our trincos which made petit look like **** cuz he had to mark every midfielder coming his way and it also made Rui Costa have to come back which is a cardinal sin. Then he started Jorge Slow ass hell Costa. I mean dont get me wrong, I think he is an awesome defender but when U.S.A starts two fast ass forwards thats when Jorge Andrade has to come in and put them in Check. He is also going to be a future superstar. I really hope that A.O. redeems him self and starts this line -up.

..........................................Ricardo

....Frechaut............Andrade..........Couto..........Rui Jorge

...........................Petit....................Sousa

....Conceicao.....................Rui Costa..................FIGO

.......................................Pauleta

From what i have heard he is going to make two changes and one one is not goal keeper. GOD HELP US NOW if he doesnt start Ricardo. IF he fields this team and we still dont win convincly, we shouldnt be at the world cup.
GOD SAVE PORTUGAL!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Soccerstud9 said:
I cannot believe the man who got us to qualify for the World Cup after 16 years is the same man who broke all of our hearts. What he was thinking in starting Baia over future Superstar Ricardo, we will never know. And out of nowhere he switches the formation with out ever trying it against an opppenet in a freindly is unforgivable. I have supported A.O. throught his tenure which is sure to be over now unless he can get us to the Final, which I beleive is still a possibilty. But the second i saw the starting line-up i almost wanted to cry. Why the hell would he put in Joao Pinto behind Pauleta. That is Rui Costa's space to roam and all he did was get in his way which gave one of our best players no room at all. I wish that guy would get a red card for diving so for one he could learn his damn lesson and two, be suspended so A.O. doesnt even have the opportunity to put him in. Also by putting in that bastard he took out one of our trincos which made petit look like **** cuz he had to mark every midfielder coming his way and it also made Rui Costa have to come back which is a cardinal sin. Then he started Jorge Slow ass hell Costa. I mean dont get me wrong, I think he is an awesome defender but when U.S.A starts two fast ass forwards thats when Jorge Andrade has to come in and put them in Check. He is also going to be a future superstar. I really hope that A.O. redeems him self and starts this line -up.

..........................................Ricardo

....Frechaut............Andrade..........Couto..........Rui Jorge

...........................Petit....................Sousa

....Conceicao.....................Rui Costa..................FIGO

.......................................Pauleta

From what i have heard he is going to make two changes and one one is not goal keeper. GOD HELP US NOW if he doesnt start Ricardo. IF he fields this team and we still dont win convincly, we shouldnt be at the world cup.
GOD SAVE PORTUGAL!!!!!!

Soccer stud , are you my half /Bro ;) ???????????

This is the team that will do it for us !!!!!!!!

All my wishes are for Monday is a win and then we take in from there !!!! Let us take a leaf from Croatia's book !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Isnt Paul Sousa hurt?.. I think Beto deserves a starting spot as either CB or RB.. I think in my honest opinion Frauchaut is a bit over-rated. Here's my lineup:

Ricardo

Beto Couto Andrade R. Jorge

Conceicao Petit Bento Figo

R. Costa

Pauletta

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Though I love this game, I think I've pretty well proved to myself that I don't know it that well yet. Proof? I was excited by the lineup A.O. used when I first saw it.

I thought playing J.V.P. and Rui in the center one behind the other would cause all kinds of havoc for the Americans - dealing with the devilish J.V.P. up front and the master controlling the tempo behind. Who could have foreseen our defense falling apart to the extent that it did? And don't forget, though J.V.P. didn't do anything special, and most of Rui's passes were slightly off all night, it was Pauleta who missed chance after legitimate chance.

The Americans tuned their game to us. They made specific arrangements, and that's what killed us. I hope A.O., or someone on the Portuguese side, is intelligent enough to size give our upcoming matches the same kind of dedicated strategizing. Otherwise, we'll be talking about what should've and could've been in the years to come. We've got the talent in the feet, now let's see if we can find some in our brains.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I think we could have won if we had Xavier, hes one of our best defenders.I only doubt one move why didnt Gomes start, and why did he put him in at the last 10 minutes?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts