Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It might be stupid, somehow, to post a new thread because of this simple question, but it has been going through my mind lately:

Why does San Siro look much bigger than our Olimpico? Considering the fact that Olimpico only has a few thousand seats less than the Coloss, San Siro, it looks like the difference is way more...

Does anyone have a reasonable explanation for this question?

Ciao!

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it does.

I have an economy midterm tomorrow, but I don't really care about it. The main importance is capturing 3 points, or at least not lose, at our big, but tiny, but yet so wonderful, Stadio Olimpico.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
IMO, the Olimpico looks bigger.;)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Yes. The Olimpico has an atletics track.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Meazza looks bigger because it has separated tiers or levels, and those levels are much more vertically imposing than the stands of Olimpico.

Whether or not that makes it superior to Olimpico is up to the individual.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Obviously San Siro is a better stadium because it's more compact and doesn't have running tracks. I've been to both stadiums and San Siro is definately more impressive.

However, the grass surface of the pitch at Olimpico is maybe 10 times better than the mud they call grass in Milan. They have these problems because of the steep "walls" of the stadium. Very little sunlight can get in. It's getting even worse because they play almost 2 games per week there thanks to Milan and Inter. (It's the same for Olimpico with Lazio and Roma but there's a better climate in Rome and more sunlight reaches the pitch...)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've been to the San Siro twice and it's damned impressive. I can't objectively compare it to the Olimpico because I've got so many great memories from games there, but there's something about the single sloping seating arrangement at the Olimpico that makes you feel as though you're all in it together. Certainly from the Curve in the Olimpico the view is a lot worse than from the top tier of the San Siro, but I think the Olimpico can generate a better atmosphere. I think it's more user-friendly even if it's not a purpose-built football stadium. If the view is all you're worried about, it's San Siro by a mile.

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
DonSimon said:
I can't objectively compare it to the Olimpico because I've got so many great memories from games there...
And such memories they were from the last time around! :star:

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm a bit concerned about the ticket yes, DonSimon...
I'm wondering where I shall sit you see.... I am considering the Laterale section, cause that's what fits my budjet the best.. If you sit at the first row or anything like that, what is the view like?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts