Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolutely impressing in the last two matches , what do u think guys??
Oleguer is solid like a rock and guily is creating many chances even in madrid game, I think he is a world class right winger right now , so what do u think guys???

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
yeah they both did pretty well but i'd feel a lot more secure if we were to sign a world class cb in the summer. Oleguer is a decent defender but i don't see him reaching world class status pretty soon.

·
1st Tier Poster
50,405 Posts
Giuly has been an excellent signing. His pace and these crazy runs he makes all the time are one of the key elements of our offense. And he has a good scoring record for a winger. IMO he has been way too harshly critisized by some people.

As for Oleguer...he is not world class and never will be. So I wouldn't mind if the management replaces him during the summer. Fact is that our central defense looks very unconvincing when Puyol is out. Nevertheless, I must say that considering his limited talent Oleguer has played quite well for us. I doubt if there were many people who thought that this guy will last 1,5 seasons at the starting lineup. Maybe even longer, who knows.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Oleguer has been really solid in the back for us the last couple of matches. I'm impressed but I still think he should be a backup.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I also agree this cristism of Giuly is far to premature. The injuries have blighted his season some what, but now we are seeing the real Giuly and the capabilities we demand of such a player. The fantstic cross field balls that he connects from ronnie with are superb. I do not want to see him replaced next season but perhaps compeating for his place with say another right attack minded player. As for Oleguer he has come on heaps and bounds, however i am nervous with him on the ball always and will be lol. I dont like his composure but his will to get stuck in and do the dirty work is unquestionble, i still think he should remain a backup for next season.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oppss , i miss misspelled Giuly`s name :shades: , anyway i think messi and larsson`s competetion for GUILY is enough , no need to sign ezquerro or any other player ,

if we just could sign NESTA to partner Puyol :happy: but i think this is nearly impossible, btw off the topic i dont think milito is good enough for barca , we need someone like puyol

·
Registered
70,100 Posts
Barca 4 Ever said:
if we just could sign NESTA to partner Puyol :happy: but i think this is nearly impossible, btw off the topic i dont think milito is good enough for barca , we need someone like puyol
Nesta? Who is Nesta?

We should pay A LOT of money for him, and I think he´s a bit overvalued by the way. And I prefer a defender who knows to build the game from the defence (that´s a weak point in Puyol). Nesta is not the man.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
GICA said:
Nesta? Who is Nesta?

We should pay A LOT of money for him, and I think he´s a bit overvalued by the way. And I prefer a defender who knows to build the game from the defence (that´s a weak point in Puyol). Nesta is not the man.
Nesta is very capable of building the attack, he's not a defender with a great 40 yard pass but he is very much able to support the attack. He's more than just a player who defends.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
oh my.. u guys are predictable... he scores sgoal and now he is quailty? he is a defender for pity's sake.

he did a good job in a 4-0 hammering of ... malaga... and managed to survive.. getafe.. and now he's quality? put the crack pipe down... when he does the same against the likes of chelsea and madrid, then get back to me.

as for giuly, i made my thoughts clear... its unsurprising he's showing quailty given real time and opportunity on the pitch.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Next season we will recover Edmilson and we can move Marquez back to CB with signing of MvB...

though Gallas would be good with Puyol, that's a very very good CB pairing in any league in the world :)

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
we need a left back more than a CB as with Edmilson back we shud have enuf cover on Cb so we shud go for a real good left back say patrice evra from monaco..............i havce seen him in the champions league but thats very less................so is he barca quality??

·
Registered
70,100 Posts
Stygmata said:
Nesta is very capable of building the attack, he's not a defender with a great 40 yard pass but he is very much able to support the attack. He's more than just a player who defends.
I disagree

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
Stygmata said:
Nesta is a tad overrated. He was devoured by Ibra in the Euro and is hardly a good passer of the ball.

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
Wankski_au said:
oh my.. u guys are predictable... he scores sgoal and now he is quailty? he is a defender for pity's sake.

he did a good job in a 4-0 hammering of ... malaga... and managed to survive.. getafe.. and now he's quality? put the crack pipe down... when he does the same against the likes of chelsea and madrid, then get back to me.

as for giuly, i made my thoughts clear... its unsurprising he's showing quailty given real time and opportunity on the pitch.
Cut the guy some slack man, you're the one who's being predictable. Puyi's not that good that we can put anyone next to him. Oleguer´s been good overall this year IMO. In the big matches our flanks has been our achilles. We need a good wingback rather than a CB IMO now that we got the great Van Bommel.

Let's give credit where credit is due.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Oleguer is seeming to be a real spokesman for the Catalan cause these days. Was giving a radio interview the other day where he touched every topic on international politics as well as to the dangerous situation these days in his hometown of Sabadell.

Oh and the other day the players of the first team were trying to have Oleguer practice some new goal celebrations coz the other day when he scored against Malage he had no clue how to celebrate the goal. :D

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
husain_14 said:
Oleguer is seeming to be a real spokesman for the Catalan cause these days. Was giving a radio interview the other day where he touched every topic on international politics as well as to the dangerous situation these days in his hometown of Sabadell.
Interesteing. I knew that Oleguer was a Catalan nationalist, and that this would be the cause of him not playing in the Spanish NT, but I didn´t know he had views on other world issues. You have a link to some article or something? Btw what´s up in Sabadell? (excuse the ignorance)

Oh and the other day the players of the first team were trying to have Oleguer practice some new goal celebrations coz the other day when he scored against Malage he had no clue how to celebrate the goal. :D
:howler: :howler: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :howler: :howler:

Olégol. :shades:

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Culéd said:
Nesta is a tad overrated. He was devoured by Ibra in the Euro and is hardly a good passer of the ball.
Well i guess we disagree then :). I agree if you mean he doesn't do 50 meter passes but overall he's a decent passer.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts