Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read this:
http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/d8562.html

Is it a good idea to say this? Or by announcing this he takes the pressure off his team. A little early to be doing this though. A 2nd place and Uefa Cup semis would be judged as a good season if you ask me. He can't wait too long, as Leeds' players won't last forever.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I honestly thought of you as one of the leagues strongest contenders for the title this year with a fantastic squad with lots of young brilliant players that had played together for a while...

what the heell happened ?????

What went wrong ????

better luck next time...:confused:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hmmm - I kinda agree with him to some account, there is far more money in europe than the premiership, but he hasn't really written off winning, he has just stated that he wants to be competitive in the top 3 - which is kinda what he said when he took over the managerial role. And I certainly believe that this year has been a far more competitive and of a higher grade than the previous years, you only have to look at our points scored over the last 3 seasons. I think that we were hindered by the trial etc, and so were unable to keep up with the improvements of the competition, ie Liverpool, Newc, although i hate to say it - Chelsea and Arsenal who have been a major force this season. If we had been able to progress as well as what we did in the first 2 seasons then I believe that we would have been fighting for the title this year.
However, we had a set back and so have to start rebuilding again, and look towards qualifying for the top 3 and the CL.. then maybe the title the season after...

COME ON THE WHITES!!!

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
I can't see Leeds winning the title for at least another couple of years. Next year I think it will be another 3 horse race between Manure, Arsenal and Liverpool, with Chelsea, Leeds, Newcastle and other suspects fighting it out for European places.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I think DO is right in saying this. We need to concentrate on getting up the ladder before we look at topping the chart. I would love to see us in the top 3 again and not winning the league would not be the end of the world. Europe is our number one majority for next season...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts