Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me something about this Norwegian striker who just joined Stoke City. I understand that he holds some kind of record in Norway for most goals scored per game. Can anyone confirm that and give me some info on the player.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Albrigtsen info

I found this article on www.vg.no about Albrigtsen, I've translated parts of it to English...

Cop will become football millionaire

Norway's newest pro footballer: 26 year old Ole Torvald Albrigtsen from Sortland.

Ole Torvald Albrigtsen bought his own Stoke jersey after trying out for the team in December. Pretty soon, he'll get more of them.

The Third Division player quit his job as a cop in Lødingen and becomes a pro player for Stoke in England.

- I've signed a 1-year-deal withStoke, with an option for a further one-and-a-halt year. I'll make more than 1 000 000 kr (125 000€)a year. Not bad considering all my expenses will be covered, says the man from Vesterålen and Norwegian Third Division.

Scoret tre mål

Now it'll be English Third Division instead.

- Stoke invited me over on a trial for a week in December. I said yes, of course, says Albrigtsen, who's also been followed by Lyn and Tormsdalen. He scored three of Stoke's four goals in a reserve game vs Doncaster, and the Midland club was interested.

The top scorer in Vesterålen - he's scored in all his 35 games since September 2000 - on the other hand, didn't think he would hear from Stoke, so he bought his own jersey as a paraphernalia

He's looking forward to joining Stoke, where he will have to fight against former Viking star Rikardu Dadason for a place in the first team.

NorwegianWiz

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
After 55 goals for Vesterålen in this years 3rd division(a new norwegian record) Ole T Albrigtsen attracted interests from a ton of clubs. Big spending Lyn brought the player to Oslo, and he scored 2 goals in his only match for them, yet they didn't sign him. Albrigtsen himself says that he has scored in every match he has played since September 2000, including test matches and training matches...all in all 35 matches in a row!

The 26 year old finished his contract with Vesterålen and quit his job as a police offiser to play football. Tromsdalen and Vesterålen, had given him offers of a contract, and Ham-Kam and L/F Hønefoss were also very interested. But the big surprise came when Stoke contacted him. In his first match for Stoke vs Doncaster he scored 3 goals(a hat trick)!!

He said the Stoke managers were shocked, and signed him not long after.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts