Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Makes sense. I've said before Liverpool can't get much out of MTK. I believe they just wanted Németh. Várszegi needs somewhere else to sell the players other than Hungarian clubs.

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Yeah. I guess the plan is Liverpool get the very best (Németh types). While the likes of Hrepka will go to the Oldham first team. While players like Bori and Kanta will go to Oldham reserves :pp

·
Registered
10,273 Posts
Wouldn't it be a better idea for them to make this deal with another Magyar team? Not that
a player Liverpool don't want can't be promising...I guess its the Sandor Karoly Academy that really brings in the interest.

·
Registered
9,478 Posts
lol if he ment for mtk then actualy no, much better to go with old ham. but how come ujpest get like wolves or some thing while mtk get oldham? actualy they got liverpool so nvm :D

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Well MTK take all the best talent from around Hungary. They have the best facilities so for talented youngsters it's no choice for them to go there if offered. Crook once said something that stuck in my mind. Parents would actually pay for their son to go there. For example Németh is from Győr. Fülöp from Békéscsaba. So while the best go to Liverpool. The rest should be more than good enough for Oldham and better than what other Hungarian clubs can offer in majority cases. Meaning there might be other talent at other teams but the majority will be at MTK.

This is more proof maintaining or building a team is not in Várszegi's thoughts. He's even considering sending players to Angol NB3. What will the MTK team be like in 1-2 years?

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
A mix between 15 yr old boys and old guys like Vegh that nobody wants.

·
Registered
6,895 Posts
He never said anything about building MTK once more into a potential CL participant... It is designed to be a feeder club. Academy, some matches in Hungary, and then off: the cream to Pool, the middle level qith good working rates to CCL or L1, the lazy but technical guys elsewhere in Hungary, the rest remains. I guess they would maintain enough quality at home to stay in the upper half of the table, and that's it.

·
Registered
58,949 Posts
He never said anything about building MTK once more into a potential CL participant... It is designed to be a feeder club. Academy, some matches in Hungary, and then off: the cream to Pool, the middle level qith good working rates to CCL or L1, the lazy but technical guys elsewhere in Hungary, the rest remains. I guess they would maintain enough quality at home to stay in the upper half of the table, and that's it.
:D they are not Fradi after all :proud:

·
Registered
6,895 Posts
Yeah, he never said they are just three rounds from CL :D What they forgot to add at Fradi is the thirty-odd matches per season to play before that in NB2...

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
what's this? omg wow this would be soooo beneficial for MTK right, like come on take all the players and we'll field the Hídvégis and other cran nb2 válogatott and like what would Várszegi get from Oldham? they are some millionares there or what? aaargh

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
are they such a rich club? angol nb3?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts

·
Registered
10,273 Posts
Well MTK take all the best talent from around Hungary. They have the best facilities so for talented youngsters it's no choice for them to go there if offered. Crook once said something that stuck in my mind. Parents would actually pay for their son to go there. For example Németh is from Győr. Fülöp from Békéscsaba. So while the best go to Liverpool. The rest should be more than good enough for Oldham and better than what other Hungarian clubs can offer in majority cases. Meaning there might be other talent at other teams but the majority will be at MTK.

This is more proof maintaining or building a team is not in Várszegi's thoughts. He's even considering sending players to Angol NB3. What will the MTK team be like in 1-2 years?
Good point...Its kind of sad he has no aspirations to be competetive in Europe at all and just for selling off players. How is the level of NB1 going to get better with this kind of approach? I guess it won't :(

1 - 20 of 60 Posts