Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 546 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two magical words: Old Trafford. Nothing else to add. Says it all!:stuckup::proud: :devil:

A mouth watering clash between Milan and Manchester. The only big team we have yet to face in all those years in European cups. I'm excited about this game as it'll be a cracker between two offensive, open-minded teams which should treat us to two feast of footballing evenings. :lick::excited: :drool: If my memory is not playing tricks on me, the last time we met the Red Devils, was back in the 1968-69 Champions Cup season, in the 1/2 finals (2-0 in Milano for us and 0-1 in Old Trafford) en route to # 2!:stuckup: May history itself again!:hopefull:stuckup:

By then, crucial players like Stam should be back which would be vital for us in the aerial game to counter attack and contain a certain Ruud Van Nistelboy. :stress: Nesta and Stam at their best is what would take to stop the great Dutch at bay and United. Oh and Pippo could be back too...:stuckup:;) And as always, a couple of those pere dello Tzar!:stuckup::proud: :star::devil:

FORZA RAGAZZI!!!:star:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Anyone planning to go?
The English reckon to rip apart our team with pace, compared to the slow tempo of our football..plus, they believe cafu and maldini are past it, and that we will have more troubles upfront than them

I just want to sum up the Godfather's law for the man utd fans (not for the moderate ones) i advice you to calm down your cockiness
remember the godfather's story: he suffered a cocky arrogant fool for 8 hours then after 2 months he made him cut his throat when unexpected

it's just a metaphor to say we are used to stay humble and suffer everything, but we shall not show mercy in a sportive meaning at the right time

cheers

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Tough draw :stress: Possibly the worst :stress:
Forza Milan :devil:

Images from the Euro Derby ;)

#6 :star:

1958 Program :proud:

The 1969 Program :devil:

Hamrin scores in our 2-0 win vs Man Utd in CL semifinal 1969 :proud:

IL Trionfo :proud:

Let's bring it back home :hopefull:

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
worst possible scenario by far, with Juve getting the clowns from madrid, this has been a nightmare draw.

But we kno whow to do these things. Can wait to see Rio and Silvester trying to stop Sheva and Kaka. :D Slow?

But our D will have probs with them, no question.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Champions League: quattro precedenti tra Milan e Manchester United
Ven 17 Dic, 1:48 PM

Negli ottavi di finale di Champions League il Milan affronterà gli inglesi del Manchester United. Sono quattro i precedenti tra le due squadre nelle Coppe Europee: il bilancio per i rossoneri è di due vittorie e due sconfitte: nelle semifinali di Coppa Campioni 1957-58, vittoria per 2-1 del Manchester all’andata e successo del Milan per 4-0 al ritorno (doppietta di Schiaffino); nelle semifinali della Coppa Campioni 1968-69 vittoria rossonera per 2-0 a San Siro, successo inglese per 1-0 al ritorno :star:

In Italy we have an old saying that says "Their is no 2 without 3" ;)

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
ManUtd was the only team I didnt like to play with

but hey when u want the title u got to win everybody

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Great tie, it's certainly going to be interesting. I'm always confident when we come up against the Italian sides. We haven't played you for a while but in recent times we have beaten serie A opposition without too much problem (juve).

Any particuliar player your concerned about?

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Russell said:
The lot. We always respect our opponents. :stuckup:
Man Utd seem to be a very solid team, apparently you have no week spots.

.....Manchester United's task against the 2003 winners Milan should not be under-estimated.

The teams have only met twice and both times the Old Trafford were knocked out by the Italians.

It will be the first time Sir Alex Ferguson, who actually predicted his side would get Milan, has met the Italians in his lengthy managerial career in England and Scotland.

'Tough, tough draw' for United

"It is a really, really tough draw but at this stage of the competition whoever you play will be a top team," said Manchester United secretary Ken Merrett.

"We were sat next to AC Milan - it seems to be fatal if you sit next to them in the auditorium you draw them.

"AC Milan are everything you think about when playing in Europe.

"We feel we have got a chance this year. They don't come any harder than AC but who knows?"

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Diavolo said:
The lot. We always respect our opponents. :stuckup:
Man Utd seem to be a very solid team, apparently you have no week spots.
[/I]
:dielaugh: If only that were true, if you had seen us this year you would know we were a declining force going through a transitional period.

We have some exceptional attacking talent at the club - Scholes, Ronaldo, Rooney, (Smiths always good for a goal too) and Ruud, you'll need to keep an eye on them.

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
Man U's weakness - if they don't sign a new 'keeper by then - is usually midfield, although the formation against Fulham 4-2-3-1, with Keane and Scholes behind rooney, Ronaldo and Giggs, (with Smith or RvN as the lone striker) may have solved the problem (I know the result was crap, but the shape looked very good).
I think Milan should attack them at OT, because while all their defenders are good footballers, they often have trouble defending against a classy side - and while Keane and Scholes are still great passers they are getting a bit long in the tooth for running and tackling all match.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Russell said:
:dielaugh: If only that were true, if you had seen us this year you would know we were a declining force going through a transitional period.

We have some exceptional attacking talent at the club - Scholes, Ronaldo, Rooney, (Smiths always good for a goal too) and Ruud, you'll need to keep an eye on them.
I saw Man Utd vs Arsenal :stuckup:
Anyway the "Clash of the Devils" :devil: will be a fascinating clash :devil: May IL Diavolo :devil: in Red&Black prevail :devil:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Can anyone tell me how i could go about getting away tickets to see the game at old Trafford?
Great draw, i was really delighted by it. I live in england and so i struggle to see much coverage of milan here, and he would be amazing if the first live match in a stadium that i saw them play would be beating man utd at old trafford.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
gluck28 said:
Can anyone tell me how i could go about getting away tickets to see the game at old Trafford?
Great draw, i was really delighted by it. I live in england and so i struggle to see much coverage of milan here, and he would be amazing if the first live match in a stadium that i saw them play would be beating man utd at old trafford.
gluck :shades: if you find 2 let me know, we will go together ;)

·
Registered
869 Posts
gluck28 said:
matey update the situation if you know anything

i'm taking in consideration the chance as well

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yeah if I find anything out i'll let you know, would be a great game to see :)

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Russell said:
Great tie, it's certainly going to be interesting. I'm always confident when we come up against the Italian sides. We haven't played you for a while but in recent times we have beaten serie A opposition without too much problem (juve).

I would say Scholes, his movements may prove troubelsome for us and just that area inbetween defense and midfield can be a sore spot. But likewise I can't see who in your team being able to stop the Kaka runs...

1 - 20 of 546 Posts