Xtratime Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone can find pictures of the current footballstadiums in Holland. But there aren't many pictures from the old stadiums. Who wants to share some pictures?

Here's a picture of De Kuip
Sport venue Stadium Amphitheatre Arena Bouleuterion

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Hey Marcel, good to see you here too :D, welcome in the Dutch forum.

Despite in our professional football not many nice old stadiums are left, there still are several existing in Holland, especially among the
'zondag amateurs'.

Still existing are...

A selection:
De Wageningse Berg, Wageningen - no club anymore

Kaalheide, Kerkrade - Roda JC youth and women
(terracing opposite to main stand gone)

Brasserskade, Delft - DHC Delft (1e klasse - 4th level)
(very nice terracing but can't find pictures at the moment)

Stadion Esserberg - Haren/Groningen - Be Quick 1887(Hoofdklasse, 3th level)

Kikkerpolder, Leiden - UVS
can't find pictures at the moment

Sportpark Elinkwijk, Utrecht - Elinkwijk (Hoofdklasse, 3th level)
my pics

Certainly forgot a lot at the moment but I'll report back later :), there are as well several stadiums where the terracing is gone but where still very old nice stands are left, like De Blauwe Kei in Breda.

Haven't got many time at the moment but try to put a better reply when I've got more time.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but since 2009 I visited for example the Kikkerpolder ground and DHC's ground.
I found this thread again because of the ratio between the number of views and posts is incredible. :eekani:

Here a few of my pics.

DHC (Brasserskade, Delft) (all of my pics)

UVS (Kikkerpolder, Leiden) (all of my pics)

Zeeburgia (Middenmeer, Amsterdam) (all of my pics)
For those who followed 'Bureau Sport' on TV, van Peperstraten's items were recorded from the terrace opposite the main stand. Unfortunately this 'stadium' will be torn down this summer.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
I think I played at Zeeburgia in the past. Not of course in that stadium. What's the purpose of that small red/white house btw?

Jos, Bijlmer and Voorland other familiar names in the youth games back then.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
I think I played at Zeeburgia in the past. Not of course in that stadium. What's the purpose of that small red/white house btw?

Jos, Bijlmer and Voorland other familiar names in the youth games back then.
The speakers' place I think!

JOS are playing at the same level as Zeeburgia which is Eerste Klasse. They're both in the race for promotion to Hoofdklasse. Don't know Bijlmer and Voorland, but Amsterdam has got so many amateur clubs. There's some about to merge next summer.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Yeah, many clubs have been set up also after I stopped playing (long ago) and not only multiculti teams.

Voorland was the neighbour of Ajax back in those days when they still played at De Meer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.