Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see too many people on this forum complain about their fave club being linked to players around 30. What's the problem? Most of the very best players in the world are around or over 30 years old. You need men to win trophies. You won't win anything with just 20-22 year olds.

Soccer is an insecure business. You can't plan too far ahead. Buying Ronaldo wouldn't solve Inter's goalscoring problems the next decade as we have seen now. Top clubs hunt for the likes of Batistuta because they deliver the goods any time anywhere. They may be 30-31, but top players of the new millennium can last until they're 34-35 and sometimes even longer.

Buying a 29 year old striker can be a good investment for the next 4-5 years. Planning further ahead is too insecure.

------------------
Webmaster
http://worldcup.socceralliance.com

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Good post Jan A. I agree with what you said. But let me add to your theory about needing men to win championships... I think your main players should be 28 - 32 or whatever, but you also need a mixture of some youngsters in there anywhere from 22 - 25. You can't just win with 30 year olds straight, look at Chelsea.

P

·
0 Posts
Gheorge Hagi, 35 years old, it was really nice to see him playing so well against Arsenal in UEFA Cup final.
So it´s not the age, it´s the talent.

D

·
0 Posts
Kluivert - 23 yrs old
Bergkamp - 31 yrs old

both world-class players, a tandem that waters the mouth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts