Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From today's newspaper "Il Messaggero":

FORMELLO - Sebastian Frey will be Lazio's new goalkeeper. Yesterday the Roman club has tried again to persuade Parma to sell Gianluigi Buffon by offering Frey and Stankovic, but Parma president Tanzi has told Cragnotti that he doesn't want to sell Parma's best players because he wants to win the scudetto next season. Cragnotti had hoped to persuade his old friend Calisto Tanzi to sell the number one player in Lazio's buying list.

As Parma refused to sell Buffon, Cragnotti has proposed Eriksson the possibility that Frey could be Lazio's goalkeeper next season and the Swedish coach has agreed. So Frey will be the first-team goalkeeper, with Luca Marchegiani on the bench and Marco Ballotta as third 'keeper, provided he will sign the new contract.

Cragnotti and Inter president Massimo Moratti have had a long talk about many subjects. Frey will go to Lazio in exchange for Matias Almeyda and Paolo Negro who will replace Cristian Panucci. In the same deal there's also the return of Cristian Vieri to Lazio and the move of Marcelo Salas to Inter. The Italian striker, last Monday, has been to Rome to find a new house, and has given his assent to Cragnotti about his comeback to Lazio.

So Vieri-Lopez will be, probably, Lazio's new attacking duo, with Simone Inzaghi third choice and the Serie B top-scorer Davide Di Michele as alternative choice.

Lazio are also looking for a strong wing-back: there are rumours about Real Madrid's Michel Salgado (but he costs very much) and Udinese's Martin Jorgensen.
As for the midfield, a couple of Italian players will come: they will be either Stefano Fiore or Giuliano Giannichedda (both of Udinese), and possibly Roberto Baronio from Reggina.

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Now let me get the picture straight:

Inter gives Frey,Vieri
Lazio gives Negro,Almeyda,Salas

This sounds more like an NBA trade than a football transfer.Why would Inter want Negro? they dont use full backs and Negro would be as useless as a wing back line Panucci.Considering that Simic is also better than Negro and that Blanc and Cordoba are irremuvable I just dont think Inter will go for it.Salas,Vieri take no comparison and is not that hard to find a player at the same style as Almeyda.

I dont believe a thing of this...

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...maybe there is a the-best-striker-in-the-world-is-of-reduced-use-when-injured-most-of-the-time attitude growing at Inter...

L

·
0 Posts
what?!o man this is crazy maybe IF sala go to inter i can except that but this?they want negro and almeyda?wow..its very crazy man..i can't except that...

FoRZa LaZio

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
no no no

haha Salas Recoba thats a no no

well sounds good however not in all ways
almeyda and negro out?? i dont like that!!!!!

Amo Negro is a very good player
he is definately in the Euro 2000 squad for Italy. But overall i think its an even deal but i dont think it could happen

We would also have a hole in our defence but we'll see what happens if it does happen!!

FORZA LAZIO!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I want Vieri back...but there is one little ? hanging over his hand...well he ever see a season through again un-injured??

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Christian Vieri is injured since February 27th...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts