·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
0-3:happy:

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Lose to England, tie Slovenia, beat Algeria. England will win all their matches, Slovenia will tie Algeria meaning we go through in second, knocked out in the Round of 16 by Germany.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Will 4 points be good enough?

Again if England has 6 points and has already qualified for the R-16, They will be playing the last game vs. Slovenia with a weakened side. Slovenia may already have 4 points to OUR 1 ,and WE would have to hope that England beat Slovenia by more that thay would have beaten US(A) for US(A) to make it to the R-16.

WE need point(s) vs. England, IMHO, or WE have to WIN the remaining 2 matches to eliminate any doubt, because I don't think 4 points will be enough.

If Algeria is stronger than most think, then 4 points may be enough. I think 5-6 will be the standard in OUR group for advancement. It's time to step up or shut up ...

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
I agree four points might not always be enough, but in my prediction it would be. I think even if Slovenia plays against a weakened England side the most they will get is a tie, so yeah, if they have four points already then that can be an issue for sure. Ideally we will get as many points as possible and I think beating Slovenia and Algeria is a reasonable thing to ask of our team, but Slovenia especially will be a very hard team to break down.

·
Registered
69,260 Posts
honestly....

England: 2:0 loss
Slovenia: 0:0 draw
Algeria: 1:1 draw

I don't see where the goals will come from, Slovenia are a solid organized side which we have a tough time break down, not sure about Algeria, they lost badly to Serbia but they have some good players on paper

my final prediction
1. England 9
2. Slovenia 4
3. USA 2
4. Algeria 1

I'm pretty sure though it will come down to the final game, but it won't be in USA's hands

1 - 8 of 8 Posts