Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I think it is the right time to get rid of these two players from the Azzuri. What have they ever done? Nothing.
Del Piero 1 goal in two big tournaments and Inzaghi 2.
What sort of attackers are they with 3 goals between them?
We have more than enough replacements for them in the Squadra.For Del Piero: Totti, Pirlo, Baggio(not for long), Cassanno. For Inzaghi: VIERI(100000000000000000 times better than Inzaghi), Montella, Ventola, Delvecchio(not a good striker but much better than Inzaghi) and maybe Simone Inzaghi.
Del Piero had a chance to embarass the over-confident French in Euro2000 final to make it 3-0 and instead we ended up embarassed with an equalizer in last 30 seconds.
Inzaghi had a chance to embarass the Turks with his 5 or 6 goal mouth chances and instead made us feel embarassed by almost getting a draw(maybe even loss) with Turkey.In the semi against Holland these 2 players also did nothing(did Inzaghi touch the ball more than once?) but with the late subs of Totti and Delvecchio we actually looked like scoring against the Dutch.
I want Italy to win a big tournament and with these 2 pansies playing it will not happen.
I know alot of blind Juve supporters are going to reply with 'you suck Lazio fan','I love Del Piero', 'don't knock Del Piero he was good before his injury", 'Inzaghi got 26 goals last season', 'they have both been top scorers of serie a before.' Well that is with Juve, I don't care about Juve I hate them, I care about the Azzuri and Inzaghi and Del Piero do nothing for the Azzuri.
So now I am in hope that Trapattoni will not listen to the Italian media and blind Juve fans(the only things keeping these 2 players in the Azzuri) and replace these two players with the much better ones we have waiting.

D

·
0 Posts
I must agree with you here, Vieri should be back in the Azzurri as soon as he recovers from injury and other players such as Montella should be given an extended run in the team as should Totti.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
You have got to give DP a chance throughout Euro2000 he was not given much time to play and in the minutes he did he was expected to score all the time:

Zoff made a huge mistake for not starting him the whole tournament:
As for Inzaghi get rid of him;;His style is not what we need on the national level waiting for the ball:

·
Registered
13,101 Posts
cmdg: I surprised to see that coming from you. I think this is the first time we disagree.!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
cmdg3232 hit the nail right on the head with DP. But Inzaghi has to go from Italy, Juve and from soccer altogether!!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
actually,

Inzaghi is not THAT bad I rather see him offside thousand of time than seeing nobody there when the ball gets there. But yeah, he's not good enough for a national team, that going to play in the high-level international level. And I think he can convert the missed chances by Del Piero into goals.
Del Piero, I gave him too many chances already. Even though he got a few minutes of playing time, he should grab the chance and prove himself. We gave him chance in 96', then 98, then 00. Is there some sort of curse that prevent him to perform well in national level.
Play vieri if he's not injured, the finest striker italy had at the moment.
ciao!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These two players, especially Del Piero have been given enough chances to prove themselves as international players and clearly they have failed. Italy has more then enough players that can replace them and that will also do a much better job.

H

·
0 Posts
You are all absolutely right except the one that said Del Piero was not given his chance, you should know that before the begining whistle of the final minutes played by delpiero was more that TOTTI..
For Inzaghi he is BAD.. for the Azzuri we do not need loosers and chance wasters like this couple.
Oh I remember Roberto Baggio in 90,94 World cups and qualifiers, I remember Vieri in 98... They are much more better. I think Till now there is not a player better than BAGGIO and Vieri.. even though TOTTI is improving..
Bring Baggio BACK TO THE NAZIONALE

F

·
0 Posts
I agreed with you, they should've done WAY better in the final, just to think if Del Piero didn't miss those goals. Azzuri would've won and sunked the over-confident French. I fed up with standing up most of the time cos Inzaghi's favourite position, don't think dirty. Y'know what I mean, with him going offside most of the time. I am fan of Del Piero, but since the last world cup, he is deteriorating to watch!!! I rather have Totti and Delvecchio play.

Is it true that Baggio will be loan to Reggina or is it Vicenza?

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I read on Italian-soccer.com that Baggio still wants to play for the azzuri. I hope he gets picked, he will show Del Piero how a man plays football.
Del Piero vai via, fai spazio per il maestro, Roberto Baggio!!!

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
well if del piero wants to start proving himself he has to improve with more goals with juve and the azzuri

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He's had more than enough time to prove him self worthy of a maglia Azzura and he failed, his time is over. Time now to make room for Totti and Pirlo. Totti already showed he is better than del Piero at Euro2000 and Pirlo may even rival Totti for the spot. Baggio could also be an option.
I think having to choose between these players for the playmaker position will be a problem Trapattoni won't be upset about, what coach would be?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Del Piero still is one of Italy's most skilful players. Contrary to this forum's opinions, from the reception he had from the fans at Euro2000, it seems he remains probably the most popular as well. Inzaghi has served Italy well too, most notably together with Vieri. Before his major injury, DP had a fabulous match against Switzerland. He doesn't turn into rubbish as somebody loves to dismiss him as. Totti? He's had a few good games, a few goals, a super-ego and as much responsibility as anybody in the finals. Delvecchio? One goal, missed all the rest and nothing more. As for Roberto Baggio, perhaps its about time to wake up. He's not even commanding any regular place in any team. Ability? Definitely yes but you've gotta put the intermediate and long-term in perspective; he's at most gonna be around for 1 more year and Italy's gonna have the same old problem haunting them after that. Pirlo? Good grief ... remember Ventola? Just because he's had a decent U-21 tournament doesn't mean he's up to it in the senior side. Didn't exactly set Reggina on fire, did he? You're just too blinded by the prejudice against Juventus and guess what? It shows too! It doesn't matter. Juve will continue producing excellent players for Italy as it always has done ... Del Piero, Inzaghi, Vieri, Casiragi, Vialli, Baggio and oh, did I mention Baggio? He's from Juve too and has to be rubbish too. Add Vieri as well. C'mon man!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Chinq: For the most part, I agree with you. Whether you're a fan of Del Piero or not, there's one thing you have to admit. He has exceptional ball skills, and maybe with the exception of Zidane, is the best ball handler in Europe (if not the world). I am DP's biggest fan, but even I am getting tired of making excuses for him.

His supporters say that he didn't play enough in the tournament and it was this lack of playing time that led to his poor play. I think that's bull ****! Look at Baggio in WC '98. He came in cold off the bench and his presence and imaginative play lifted the team. Before his entrance on to the field in the quarter-final game against France, Italy never looked like a threat to score.

The one thing that bothers me, is when people bicker about the selection of the national team. When I say this, I am speaking about the people complaining about too many Juve players or too many Milan players being in the squad. Who cares! Does it really matter what club team the player plays for? I don't think it does. You just choose the players that make the best team, regardless of where they're from. If I was the coach and I thought that there was seven players on Reggina that would make the best team, then I would choose them. I am upset when I hear Italian fans being overly critical about a player because of the club team he plays on. If you're a true Italian fan, then you would cheer all of the azzurri players on, regardless of where they play during the Serie A season!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You're right, The DP lovers should stop making excuses for his **** play for the Azzuri. I want my country to win and with DP on the team the chances are badly reduced.
You are also right about people complaining about too many Juve players in the team. I hate Juventus but I really like Iuliano, Pesotto and Zambrotta. The Azzuri brings all italian soccer supporters together, no matter what team the players play for.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Its time forsomeone to step up and show they are better than Pippo and Del Piero but up to now only Pirlo and COmmandini look good enough to tak etheir spaces. Both these players willbe at the Olympics in trap's first game so obviously Inzaghi and Del Piero will continue to be with squad for at least one more game.

I say trap shoul call these players. Totti Montella S.Inzaghi and Roberto Muzzi for his first game in charge. then gently phase out Alex and Pippo unless their form improves drastically.

But we all know that Del Piero and Inzaghi will be called up for the next qualifier.

if i had my way i would call up Cassano.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
chinq: You are right.

In fact I haven't seen ONE post posted from IL TORO without Del Piero and Juve bashing. Don't you have anything better to do than critize them? You are blinded against your hatered against Juventus. I feel sorry for ppl like you who are so blinded.

Get rid of Del Piero and ITALY will win everything.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
No one said get rid of Del Piero and Italy will win everything.

What we are saying is get rid of Del Piero and Italy would be sharper in attack.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts