Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so we heard of the amauri saga dragging on and on about the Italian NT.
But now it is simply getting redicilious.
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/mar5u.html
Cagliari striking revelation Jeda has followed in Amauri's footsteps by flirting with the Azzurri despite being Brazilian by birth.

The No 27 has found the scoring touch in Serie A after arriving from Second Division side Rimini last year.

And it seems that after his recent success, Jeda is already dreaming of a call from Marcello Lippi.

“In June, thanks to my wife, I will have Italian citizenship,” Jeda revealed in Cuore Rossoblu magazine.

“If Lippi called me up I wouldn't be like Amauri, I would immediately say yes.

“I love Italy and Italian football - the only thing I don't like is that there is too much controversy and too much shouting.”

Jeda, who is 29-years-old, also looked forward to the end of his playing career.

“I would like to be a pundit on TV,” he declared. “I would love to do that, especially because everyone says I speak perfect Italian.

“The language comes so naturally to me that when I go back to Brazil I mix up Portuguese and Italian.”
So after Amauri and Taddei now another Brazilian Jeda says he will play for the Italian NT.
What is up with all these Brazilian rejects who are offering themselves to the NT like a frigging whore on the street corners of Rio De Jeneiro.

Seriously what do you think?
Is this a good sign that there are so many foreigners who want to play for the azzuri.
Sing of sheer desparation?
Or just the media again misquoting players and blowing the whole thing out of proportion.
Like imagine the following conversation.

Journalist- Would you like to play for the Azzuri if given the chance?
Jeda- I am a realist and I realize that there are so many great players ahead of me and I do not have much of a chance of getting selected.
Journalist- But if Lippi was to call you up for the Azzuri tomorrow would you accept the call up?
Jeda- Of course I'd play for Italy if given the chance who wouldnt, but I really thing that it is more fantasy then anything else and I doubt that it will materalize. Still it is nice to dream.

Then the bolded part becomes the leading headline :undecide:

Your thoughts. Your thoughts.

·
Registered
28,216 Posts
Taddei declined the offer a while back saying that he wouldn't take the place of an Italian born player :proud:

·
Administrator
52,980 Posts
I dont care that the players talk, and that they tend to be mainly brazilians, shows an unfortunate mecenary streak fo theirs, but when I start to judge, and worry, is when the Italian NT WANTS THEM, and tries to get them or take this seriously.

I dont recall anyone taking the Taddei thing seriously, neither will this be, but Amauri has been a different matter because, even if it isnt prolly happening, its embarrassing enough he was seriously considered for it, which no one can deny even if its mainly been Amauri and his agents big mouth together with the sensationalist media.

As I said, the players can talk, that trend I dont care for, even if them talking is an indication of that they know there is a possibility you may be considered, aslong as you are quality enough player, and not a Taddei or Jeda.

P.S Had no idea Jeda was brazilian, somehow thought he is either central american, or some kind of asian.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Jeda has no chance of playing for Italy as he isnt good enough. Amauri is different class, but it seems Lippi may not even call him.

·
Registered
46,338 Posts
As I said, the players can talk, that trend I dont care for, even if them talking is an indication of that they know there is a possibility you may be considered
Exactly, it's that possibility which is bad. Unfortunately Amauri is not even the start of it, the start, or better, the restart of it was Camoranesi, an indio with one out of 4 (?), 8 (?), 16 (?), 32 (?) ancestors who was actually Italian. When Camoranesi can play for the Italian NT you have that most of South American players could potentially play for the Italian NT. With Amauri the situation is even worse, if possible, cause Amauri doesn't even have that Italian ancestors, but his wife have!

Again, for those who haven't read my posts yet, doors are wide open for Okaka, Balotelli, Ogbonna, etc. etc. who are actually grown in Italy and as such are an expression of Italian football.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Exactly, it's that possibility which is bad. Unfortunately Amauri is not even the start of it, the start, or better, the restart of it was Camoranesi, an indio with one out of 4 (?), 8 (?), 16 (?), 32 (?) ancestors who was actually Italian. When Camoranesi can play for the Italian NT you have that most of South American players could potentially play for the Italian NT. With Amauri the situation is even worse, if possible, cause Amauri doesn't even have that Italian ancestors, but his wife have!

Again, for those who haven't read my posts yet, doors are wide open for Okaka, Balotelli, Ogbonna, etc. etc. who are actually grown in Italy and as such are an expression of Italian football.
I agree 100%, greatt post :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

what about forestieri??
born in Argentina and played for some youth teams there and came to italy when he was like 17??

I think he too should qualify to play for the Italian NT. And he has already went through the youth teams so it is only a matter of time and development of his talent.

·
Registered
46,338 Posts
what about forestieri??
born in Argentina and played for some youth teams there and came to italy when he was like 17??

I think he too should qualify to play for the Italian NT. And he has already went through the youth teams so it is only a matter of time and development of his talent.
The fact that he was young doesn't change the fact that he was stolen to the Argentinian NT. Shame on us for that. And shame on him as well.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Jeda has no chance of playing for Italy as he isnt good enough. Amauri is different class, but it seems Lippi may not even call him.
That's not really the question though.

Lippi should be using more youngsters as some players don't seem upto the task for Italy.

Rossi should play more, and others like Bovo should be given a chance.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
So after Amauri and Taddei now another Brazilian Jeda says he will play for the Italian NT.
What is up with all these Brazilian rejects who are offering themselves to the NT like a frigging whore on the street corners of Rio De Jeneiro.
That's a harsh choice of words. Of course, the logical extension of that metaphor is that several European NTs, Italy included, are whoremongers. They don't get what they need at home, so they have to go out after willing "mercenaries".

Of course, the simplest way to stop this trend of unattached foreign players shamelessly offering themselves to play for Italy's NT would be... Italy's NT no longer shamelessly considering unattached foreign players who happen to get an Italian passport as NT material. If Italian managers and players (like Camoranesi) hadn't publicly expressed interest in Amauri, that story would never have lasted as long as it did. The "unfortunate mercenary streak" that Osman talked about has to be present in both player AND national team for this sort of thing to happen; after all, the player may be selling out his nationality, but the NT is selling out its identity.

Players who offer themselves to any NT who will have them are bad, but are they much worse than NTs that will call up anyone who holds a passport and is better than the national talents available? If no NTs called up good foreign players who get passports, no good players who get passports would whore themselves out for foreign NTs. Accusing the players of being "whores" overlooks the fact that the only reason this is an issue is because some European NTs look beyond their borders for NT reinforcements.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Fernando was born to Italian parents who were born in Italia, meaning he has automatic citzenship. To me, there is no question at all, that he can play for Italia. I see no problems, nor do I think we did anything wrong.

To compare him to Mauro or these Brazilians is wrong, but this is my opinion.

International career

Just arrived in Italy, Forestieri decided to play for the Italian national team because it was the dream of his family, and because, as he stated in an interview to Corriere dello Sport, they decided to live and work in Italy. According to his family life in Argentina was too hard and dangerous, in fact Ezequiel, Fernando's brother, is still alive "thanks to a miracle", after someone shot him in the stomach during an armed robbery.

After refusing the calling of the Argentina U-17,[6]the young player has been called by Italy national U-17, U-19 and U-20 football team.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Forestieri is much different to Camoranesi.... as he was indeed born to Italian parents, even if bought up in Argentina. Forestieri is similar to me as I have an Italian father, but indeed born and bought up in England, however I support Italy more mostly because of my father.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I dont care much for Jena but Amauri is a must for italy. with toni not at his best and a group of sub par strikers available, amauri does seem more important more than ever.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
I think its a little bit of all the reasons mentioned.
The media, as always, as got to write about something so they will blow out of proportions everything. Italy, being retards, prefers to look into already made and mature players rather than grow some talent in our huge pool of youth players. And of course, these rejects will play for Italy just to get on the NT stage. Its pathetic and retarded any way you look at it.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Under no situation would I call Amauri. He is Brazilian.

He is a great player, but he should play for Brazil as he is good enough for them.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts