Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why on earth did VG put Puyol in the team? Dani on the right wasn't good enough. Why did they play? Apparently because everyone wants to see Catalans on the field....

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Dutch. Please dont try to support the Dutchmen at the team in a weak moment.
The whole team sucked and Reiziger,Cocu,De boer,Kluivert,Zenden and Hesp wernt that good either.

You are right about one thing though. Why the hell didnt Simao get that Right wng call? Wasnt that why he was bought anyway??
And playing a tactic 3-4-3 with rivaldo in midfield??? Why is Van Gaal suddenly more then happy to let Vitor play in the centre.

I blame Van Gaal. He was too optimistic and stupid idiot as he was he forgot about Valencias ferocious attack against Barca.

I pray for that Figo-Rivaldo-Kluivert with help from Guardiola will demolish Valencia cause Barca dont deserve to loose out on the final because of Cheese-face.

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not supporting anyone here. I'm just getting sick of everyone saying that "the 2nd rate Dutch players" should leave now we lost big time. THEY aren't the problem.... VG made a big mistake with his system and with certain players on certain positions. Puyol, Dani and also Rivaldo in a way. Rivaldo as an offensive midfielder doesn't give enough stability to the team.

VG, just stick with the good old
_________Hesp__________
___Abelardo__FdBoer____
Reiziger__________Sergi
_______Guardiola_______
___Litmanen__Cocu______
Figo___Kluivert_Rivaldo

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Recently is havent followed the discussions at this board and dont know what has been said about the Dutch players. But IMO they or hell not 2nd rate! All of them (NOT Hesp) play in the Dutch 11 and thay are favourites to become Euro champions. So anyone calling them 2nd rate is crazy. Sure Barca bought them as 2nd rate players but that is in the past (dont get upset about the last sentence).

I totally agree about the obvious tactic that is about "controlling the wings". This is how Barca should play and why the wide Nou camp gives Barca an advantage.
I have actually seen Barca play live and its more obvious how good they are when you see them live. Of cours, then Xavi was DM but he was excellent in that match.

ANd at last. Its even not Van Gaal to blame. He came to Barca with this tactic and he should have stuck with it at Valencia. SO i can only blame him for changing his tactic.

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
578 Posts
A Dutch FCB Fan..
For the first time in this forum I disagree with you, Barca didn't lose because of Puyol or Dani , the same players saved Barca against Chelsea,

Only I agree with you that we lost because of VG stupid system.

Hesp is not the Keeper to play for Barca and when the ball goes to him we put our hands on our hearts..and we saw him in last games and you can't compare him with Casillas , sorry to say that , but this is the truth.
In my opinion if Sergi and Abelardo played we got a good result.

[This message has been edited by Amor (edited 05-05-2000).]

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you do agree with line-up I wrote down...
I just get sick of everyone blaming the Dutch PLAYERS. If you want to blame the coach, be my guest, because I also blame the coach. But don't blame the players because they have the same nationality as the coach.

I

·
0 Posts
I thought this theory that the Dutch players are the root of the problem has been blown up long ago. It's just sad that Barca fans still have this mentality. The Dutch players always shoulder all the blame when things go wrong....and don't get due praise when things are well. I still say whatever that is going wrong with Barca has more to do with VG. But also, the all the players must also shoulder some blame for not trying to work with VG and work hard on the field.
I think the ideal type of coach for Barca would be Arsene Wenger of Arsenal. He comes in and tries to understand the club and it's values and uses what is good about the players to his advantage. Also, his public relations is top class, everyone likes him in England, which can hardly be said of VG. Those who he puts on the bench rarely ever blame him for that, such is his man management skills.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Sure, Wenger is good. And no doubt that some of his skills would be good for the club. But its really stupid to discuss if a manager is good for the club if he is impossible to get. Wenger has signed for two more years wih Arsenal after getting them to the CL again. So, no more talks about Wenger.

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
578 Posts
There is no problem with the players except Hesp and Bogarde, because the same have beaten Arsenal , Fiorentina and Chelsea , and the Dutch going to clinch the Euro 2000 next month , but the real problem now is VG's system, he completed three years with Barca so no axcuse for him if didn't win the CL, as I mentioned once that he has to secure the defence when he's playing away of home, and he can play his favourite attacking football at home, this is my opinion..

[This message has been edited by Amor (edited 05-05-2000).]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts