Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a great performance wasn't it fellas? IMO it was just perfect. Is anyone able to show me a eak link in our team? I know I cannot!

Casillas - great, a very stable game, never really threatened thx to his defense. 7

Roberto Carlos - is he the fastest man on earth? WOW! Everytime he went for the ball against mendieta he won it! Simply fantastic game, amazing stamina. A well earned vacation. 9

Michel Angel Salgado - one of the three best players on the pitch. The first goal was all him! :D Even pool will have to admit this guy absolutely rocked tonight. He was unstoppable. Just amazing. 10!!! :D

Aitor Karanka - rock solid. A vital link in the defense. I was really impressed. As al;ways Aitor does the job quietly, but he's irreplacable :) 9

IVAN HELGUERA - I give him the honor of being man of the match. Excuse me, but this is IMO right now one of the best defenders in the world. He was just brilliant tonight. Claudio was invisible thx to Ivan. He is a 100% Madrista from now on... :D of course 10!!

Ivan Campo - according to Amo the MoM. I think he was awesome tonight, (again) and we should really reconsider his selling. Camacho should look into Campo being recalled to EURO 2000. Great performance! 10

Fernando Carlos Redondo - Hell! People please forget what I ever said about him. He was amazing (again). One of the best technicians in the world, another couple of great tricks, the mind of Real Madrid. totally outclassed Mendieta. R&B! do you still want Mendieta in Madrid. I don't! Fernando is wayyyy better! :D One critical momnet was when he kicked Gaizka. Let's face it, he should've walked for it, but hell, he didn't and we WON!!! :D 10

Steve McManaman - another stable game. Amazing stamin and amazing goal! WOW! I love Steve. He is now a 100% Madriste - the extasy on his face after scoring! Great stuff. 9

Raul Gonzalez Blanco - by his terms a great game, but not world class. I've seen him do better, but well, he scored and that's what really matters. He was lucky with the goal, but the technique Raul showed us on several occasions tonight really proves me right - the player with the most finesse in the world. Sheva, work on it... :D 9

Nicola$ Anelka - if I may say so, the weakest player on the field, but still great! You can still see the lack of comunication between him and others, but he's really doing good. 8

Fernando Morientes - Hala Morientes. The all important goal! scored by him and the extasy on his face. After the game he said he wants to stay in madrid forever. I hope he does and I hope this goal insures Sanz will keep him. It can't be any other way... :D 9

Del Bosques tactics are great! 5-3-2 is our new formation and we really should stick to it!!! HALA MADRID once again!!!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey we did it and I'm not gonna apologise to anyone San Siro. What I wrote in January was 100% true. IMO Redondo was bad back then, and he has really turned it around lately and boy am I happy!!! :D The reason for our succes is definitely the new tactic! 5-3-2 ! It is our solution. Our defenders are impregnable at the moment, espeically with Helguera and campo on such form! I am overjoyed. IMO it had to be a miracle to win and we got a miracle in Vicente del Bosque! Let's just be happy!! :D :D :D Next years target though ha to be the Primera - it's been some time since we've taken that title...

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
This was the bes5t performance by any team ever, what a game, what a side.
I'm also glad that you love Macca like he deserves to be loved Lab,

Also what a nice touch it was to let the legend Sancis lift the cup, hopefully Redondo will do it next year. This is what it is all about and is also why we played all those 19 games. this is the pinicle and I now think that minimal change is needed.

I always said that we would win as we had players who would perform on the big stage and I was right (smug mode). All of them showed tonight, also Lab drop Macca, for shame :)

So here's to Sanchis on a world record 98 CL appearances. He looked so good when he came on and was thorugh if Pellegrino had not elbowed him, but let us concentrate on the positive,
RATINGS:

Casillas - as Lab said he did not have much to do as our defence was superb, remember this is the team that scored 5 against Lazio. He did do everything well though and his handling looked very sound - 8 :)

Salgado - I love this guy Lab it's just I question his defending ability. He kept Kily quiet tonight so that is his job done. I think that he is good in one on one situations but his positional sense is not always good and when we had 4 at the back it showed. Still he was superb tonight and set up Mori brilliantly. 9 :D

Carlos - IMO the player of the tournament. I love the guy and tonight he was outstanding. The most under-rated defender in the world and his energy is absolutely phenomenal. 10 :D :D :D :D

Helgurro - great spot and pass for Rauls goal and he was solid as a rock tonight. He has been our best buy this year IMO and may have solved our defensive problems. 10 :D :D

Campo - as memebers of the 'we hate Campo club' me and Labas have now joined the 'we love Campo club'. What a game from this guy, he was soo comitted and wanted it bad. 10 :D :D :D (oh yes you read it right.)

Karnaka - great header in the second half from a dangerous looking cross. He was quiet but did his job very well with the other 2 stars alongside him.

Redondo - the captain marvel, he is no playmaker but solid. The fact remains that he can also perform tricks with the best of them and never gives the ball away.

McMANAMAN - my man of the match and what a match. Covered every blade of grass and got a deserved goal. I think I'll use Labas' words 'WOW'. the ball was in the air for a long time and he placed it perfectly. He also showed what he meant to do versus Man U in the second half. Also the French TV people chose him as man of the match as well. 10 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Raullll - another guy that I love and his goal was very cooly taken. Not a great match but he showed some lovely touches. 9 :D

Mori - I'm so glad that he scored and hope this will turn around the slump that he was in. He deserves it and repaid the faith we had in him, was quiet but he go the all important first goal. 9

Anelka - I was dissapointed with his game today and I think that he is still not fully match fit. Some of his touches looked heavy and he lost the ball a little too mjuch. Saying that if it was not for him we would not be here now. I hop we keep him. 8 :)

Del Bosque - great tactics. With Raul, Macca and Redondo dragging the play in the centre of the pitch it left room out wide for Salgado and Carlos and boy did they exploit it.

Also I though it was a nice touch by Macca at the end to consolodate the players beforte celebrating (Karambeu did the same thing in the WC).

I am sooooooooooooo happy, we are the greatest and now have 3 more CL titles than anyone else.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
HALA MADRID!THEY DID IT!Despite a season started in the worst ways possible: close to relegation in November, no communication in the team, between the coach (Toschak) and the players, plys the Anelka problems at the beginning!At the start of the season, Real's odd to win the CL was 50-1!!!The same as for Turky to win Euro 2000!That's ridiculous!And i'm glad that Real proved all these ****in.g british oddmakers with their ultra-biased Man U and Arsenal and Chelsea!!!
Anyways, Real are in the Heaven, the 7th Sky!
WOW!
I was amazed the way they dominated the highly talented Valencia midfield and attack!AMAZING!IMPRESSIVE!WOW!
And most importantly, the majority of the players are under 26!!!WOW!
A Fully deserved title!
Labas, i think you owe the team and Redondo some serious apology man!!! I've been following the Real forum since November and i remember those days how you were hostile to Redondo and by January, i remember during one post, someone said that Real's best chance of winning something was the CL and you started ridiculousing that person by saying that "ok, winning the CL is feasible because in one game, everything is possible but we would need a huge MIRACLE just to get there and then to survive!How can we beat Man U?They're unstoppable!They'll kill us!"You remember Labas, because i do! :)
ANyways, i'm glad that the Merengues have won
just to prove everyone that they were not dead!and that these guys when they play together at their true value are simply unstoppable!
And you know what, Labas, they did it!!!!!!!
HALA MADRID!HEMOS GANADO LA OCTAVA COPA!!!!

Ok, for now, lets all celebrate!We'll have plenty of time to analyse it later...right Labas? :)

Forza Magico Milan!
Hala Madrid!
Allez Les Bleus!
Arriba Espana!

The world will be...Rossonero...Again!

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
While still trying to calm down, I'll try and post this :

For me, the men of the match were three :

IVAN HELGUERA
FERNANDO REDONDO
and
MACCA!

I'm so glad especially for Macca for the goal he scored. It seemed like God owed him that one!

And, remember people, THERE ARE MORE TO COME!

YA SON 8 ... !QUE VENGAN MAS!

P

·
0 Posts
I for one would surely love to invite the defensive line of RM out for a beer.

I hope that Campo has earned himself a spot on the team. After France 98 he lost form, but he's back, just like we saw him at Mallorca.

I am continually blown away by Roberto Carlos' speed. I mean, it was like lightning. The clocked him at 32km/h.

Macca? What a match. What a kick! 130km/h...Sh*t, I would not have liked to have stopped that.

I hope that Don Sanz listens to Morientes' wish

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Now the question remains what do we do next year? I mean Campo has played really well in recent weeks (in CL) and the new formation works really well, again in the CL though.
The league form at the end should not be taken in to much consideration though as we seemed to be going all out for the CL and resting a lot of players.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Lets don't get carried away. Real played brilliantly in the last several games in CL, and yes the new tactics works better. But being focussed on CL is not an excuse for some lame performances that such talented team had in La Liga. Attack and midfield are outstanding and have even greater potential as they play together more. I know Labas you want ZZ very much, and such a player can improve any team, but I don't really think that we need to spend money on him right now. In fact Raul in now playing similar position and I think he is better, more consistent and much younger than ZZ. Real needs at least couple more very good defenders in case somebody gets injured or out of shape. And most important to preserve that team spirit, so they don't just come out sometimes like a bunch of talents with no motivation.

[This message has been edited by shubay (edited 25-05-2000).]

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, we need defenders, but do we really? Now that we have the new tactic, I'm not so sure. One fresh young guy would be great, but we really lack firepower in the midfield. Raul can do it, but he's wasting himself in that position. This guy ia striker all the way - did anyone notice how last night he was the last man on number of occasions. And by last I mean the SC! Even though he shouldn't it's just his natural role!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Maybe you right about Raul, but on the other hand many great players including Maradona played more upfront in the begining of their cariers and than started playing a little deeper. Because if you have vision and skill (and Raul does) you can influence the game much more, than being just a forward. On top of that you can also score goals. So I am not sure that it is a waste to play Raul right behind to two forwards. We'll see.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe you're right, but...dunno. I like him as a forward, because the real glory comes with the goals :D! I know this being a striker :D!

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Yeah, I know, I felt sorry for him too, but let's not forget that he was facing some injury problem, and maybe it wouldn't have been so wise for him to start (there were doubts of wether he would play at all).
Anyway, bad luck for our Savio, since I think if he didn't have that problem, most likely he'd be in the starting 11.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Labas, you've taken the words out of my mouth man!!!!
I wanted to post this from yesterday, but I was too busy celebrating... :)

I'm all the way behind you on what you're saying about Raul: I really think that the system with 2 strikers (Mori, Anelka) + Raul is wasting Raul. The best Real system for me is with only one of Mori/Anelka starting, Raul playing more up front + Savio in the midfield (the ManU - Old Trafford scheme). I'm not saying that the Final system is no good, but I reckon it should be used only for selected games.
Now, on what shubay says I'll have to disagree. Here's why: Maradona did start up front and then moved deeper, but then he had a pure playmaker role. I don't know if Raul will ever be a Real playmaker, maybe yes, maybe no, but this role is currently held (and succesfully) by Fernando Redondo. I don't think there's room in the squad (at the moment) for Raul as a playmaker, which automatically means he should be kept forward. Savio is a wonderful wing player, that can occasionally be drawn a bit towards the centre to open space for R.Carlos, very fast, with accurate assists, can create chances, can perform counter attacks, a multi-roled player. Him and R.Carlos make a most powerful left wing duo.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I really felt dorry for Savio, because he and Raul were IMO the two best players for Real Madrid ths whole season - and the poor guy didn't get to start the game. I once posted this info - 24 of our 30 goals in the CL have come from the left wing. Just imagine! That's immense! What a job Roberto and Savio have done./ They should like get a medal for this. So I say again, like you Hala, that Raul cannot be made into a playmaker, because first it's just not him and second that would waste brilliant Savio Bortolini!

HALA MADRID!

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Ok, i just read San_siros little notice and realised who the person that was "riduculed" was-ME!

Remember Labas? Redondo and that Real should **** the 'CL and go for the league??

Hehe, just reminding you about your few mistakes :) :)

BTW, speaking of mistakes.....What an idiot DUTCH FCB FAN has turned out to be!
First he arrogantly tries to point out that Real are in the CL nomatter what and the tries to cover it up bu saying that he wrote it before the final???
What a dumbass...

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't actuallt take that as a mistake R&B. I mean, let's face it, if we had dropped out of the CL, we would now be Champions. It is a 100% thing. Just look how bad Deportivo and the rest had played they were, so bad we could've won the league with a 10 point advantage! No problem. So, you can't call that a mistake.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts