Italy 5
Cyprus 2

So I think we should be happy for just being at Euro 2008

:)

·
Registered
46,333 Posts
Indeed.
Football right now is very balanced, above all in Europe, and there ar countries who have won zilch for decades.
The country with the richest league won their last trophy forty years ago! The other country with a league which is comparable to serie A won a trophy even before. There are country with great tradition who have never won one trophy.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
true and roster wise we dont have a team that is in reality ABSOULUTLEY better then then 8 teams that will qualify from the euro groupstages.

this should be considered a reasonable achievment with a team that frankly is being sucked dry and are past it in general

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I thought you said the same about the 2006 team...or any Italy team past the 1994 one? :D

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
actualy i had good hopes for the euro 96 squad simply cos we had chiesa and the next baggio..del cough piero..oh boy was i let down..and we should have had signori and marco simone on that roster

wc 98 again in attack i thought we were the sshit as well as in defence..the weakpoint in our team back then was the midfield...euro 2000 we played out of our skins..2002..didnt expect much..euro 2004 tho I EXPECTED us to win..our players were at the peak of there careers

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Not a consolation by any means :) but, so true!!

·
Registered
46,333 Posts
actualy i had good hopes for the euro 96 squad simply cos we had chiesa and the next baggio..del cough piero..oh boy was i let down..and we should have had signori and marco simone on that roster
pirri, just a question. How could you have hopes if you were watching the games recorded by your uncle?

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
id like to point out i actualy went to the USA 94 final and WC 98

i dont think i needed my uncles tapes at this point toni;)

the tapes he recorded were mostly mid late 80's stuff which i watched growing up just out of passion for football..

im going to france vs italy

what have u been up too?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
true and roster wise we dont have a team that is in reality ABSOULUTLEY better then then 8 teams that will qualify from the euro groupstages.

this should be considered a reasonable achievment with a team that frankly is being sucked dry and are past it in general
No way is this true. We have talent. It's not been used. No more no less.

·
Registered
46,333 Posts
id like to point out i actualy went to the USA 94 final and WC 98

i dont think i needed my uncles tapes at this point toni;)

the tapes he recorded were mostly mid late 80's stuff which i watched growing up just out of passion for football..

im going to france vs italy

what have u been up too?
If we consider all the games surely to more games than you will ever dream of, but unfotunately my daddy could not give me the money to watch the games of the world cup in the other part of the world. That said, if you always refer to the 90s as the Golden Age when we won a world cup in 2006 there has to be a reason but I leave the analysis of it to a psychologist.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Coming from a frog?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I am right :cool: Anyway France will be eliminated too and Arsenal won less than Roma this year ;)

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
which very much takes us back to the pont, we don't go over pampering the wounds ;)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As someone like myself who doesnt live too far from the Arsenal area you would be very much hypocritical to say such a statement.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
do you even getting the whole thing, Deano? We won jack shit unlike the World Champions. Thats why this thread is just old joke for those who at one thread try to pretend they don't care because they have the stars on the shirt.

maybe someone here needs some soul searching before he starts another banter :lala:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont really get anything to be quite frank. I said even before the Euros that we will crash out in the first group stage and that for this year I dont mind, indeed I said along time ago that I would just be pleased to reach the tournament considering the history of Italy after winning the World Cup. Every person has their own way of dealing with things so indeed if my way does not live up to your high and mighty expectations then quie frankly I dont give a shit.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
someone's loosing it :howler:

I'll be waiting for 'atleast we got a point against Romania, even though I don't give a damn to this years Euro' thread :lala:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts