Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Relax, man, it's just his opinion, he is entitled to have one. ;)

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Liternit said:
even if its stupid as hell
your reading between the lines is amazing... ;):D

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Roberto Gallo said:
Even though I disagree with the guy, I think it's silly to say it's an absurd to put Henry between the best and at the same time put Ronaldo between them.
Ronaldo is better than Henry, but not even close to Romario. And don´t even get started comparing them to Maradona :wallbang:

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Roberto Gallo said:
Henry is better than Ronaldo this season.
Henry is the best on the world this season IMO.
I´m not talking seasons, Ronaldo has that what we call killer instinct that Henry has not. Ronaldo is shinning while playing with players such as Raul, Figo, Zidane and RC.

Ronaldo´s finishing is becoming so good that soon he will surpass Romario, the way he is constantly dropping to the left and scoring with his weak foot is amazing. I might be wrong but I think he has scored just as much goals with his left then with his right.

Talking about this season, Ronaldo has a better goal ratio this season has the same amount of goals and does not take PKs and fks like Henry

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I think that the fact that Ronaldo shines alongside so many stars isn't a factor that favours him. Henry has more merits because he plays with weaker support, even though the likes of Pires, Vieira, Ljungberg and Bergkamp aren't bad at all.

Ronaldo will never come close to Romario's finishing in my opinion, but he's better than Henry in that department. The difference between Romario and Ronaldo is bigger than Ronaldo from Henry.

Henry is faster and is deciding more games for Arsenal. He was the MoM in at least 80% of the Arsenal games I've saw. Ronaldo saved Madrid quite a few times too, but his importance to the team is not even close to how Henry is crucial to Arsenal's fantastic season.

·
Administrator
29,713 Posts
the simple fact that in this team Ronaldo is responsable for 51% (have participation) of the goals of the team shows that is a favour to him. A king among kings. This is bigger than Henry's in Arsenal this same year btw.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Henry has been superb.....he has contributed more to arsenal than ronaldo to madrid this and last season.
While ronaldo has only been scoring this and last season, henry has been scoring and making tons of chances for others....last year apart from scoring 35 i think his total was in all competitions, he gave 21 assists in the epl which is a record.
In madrid zidane and the other mids. make the chances for ronaldo who only stays at the top and finishes them(great finishing) but henry has to create for himself and others, therefore you see him on the left so much putting balls in for ljunberg,pires and gilberto.

As for romario-ronaldo.....i dont think this ronaldo comes even close to romario whos finishing was out of this world

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,489 Posts
As far as Ronaldo vs Romario goes...

Romario scored 30 goals for PSV, so Did RONALDO in his rookie season...Romario in his prime scored 34 goals for Barca, Ronaldo scored the same amount of goals in Barca in his rookie season (total of 47 goals for the entire season more than Romario), in WC competition Ronaldo has the edge....

ROMARIO is a LEGEND indeed, I can go either way when it comes to Romario and Van Basten.... but when it comes down to Ronaldo and Romario..I prefer RONALDO only because he has something about him, something special, he delivers time after time, its amazing!!!

PS. Guys Dagoods is already taking care of those SAPS who claim Henry is #1...just read the Henry thread under the Arsenal Forum!!!:smileani:

·
Administrator
29,713 Posts
really ? Funny because both have about 51% of contribution of his team this year in the goal (either scoring or assisting, which is 6 to Henry and 4 to Ronaldo)...how come only contribution is scoring for one or one gave more contribution that other ?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Look at the goals Ronaldo scored this season and then take a look at what Henry does. Henry creates for himself at least 50% of the goals. Ronaldo rarely makes a play by himself, he receives sweet passes from all sides.

If you guys have so many stats, try to see how many goals Henry scored from Pires passes and do the same thing about Ronaldo-Zizou.

Of course this alone does not prove that Henry is having a better season than Ronaldo. It's just one more thing to discuss. We could argue during a year and not even then we'd reach a "truth". It's a matter of opinions.

In my opinion, this season:

1- Henry
2- Sheva
3- Ronaldo

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
I do agree that Henry has been the best forward thsi season, but I think that Sheva is behind Ronaldo.
Sheva started really well, but now he has gone back to "normal", which is still pretty damn good, but below Ronaldo.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
I agree that Henry has been outstanding this season, probably better than Ronaldo. But then, you can't judge a player only by one season. Ronaldo has made impact in every team he played for, be it Cruzeiro, PSV, Barcelona, Inter or Real Madrid. That's four different leagues. Henry was good in French league, crap in Italian and now he is doing great in England. But that's way below Ronaldo standards, IMHO.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
end3r7 said:
I do agree that Henry has been the best forward thsi season, but I think that Sheva is behind Ronaldo.
Sheva started really well, but now he has gone back to "normal", which is still pretty damn good, but below Ronaldo.
Care to explain? Sheva is in excellent form. Isn't he leading the Serie A in gols, you know.. the league that actually plays defense unlike the EPL.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts