Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do u guys think of our new manager?

Me, well i think it's great to have such a well respected man in charge of our country.
I only hope he gets rid of the old fuddy-duds and brings a new lease of life into the NT. I mean how many Scottish players are over 30.........most of the NT. Half of them aren't even Scottish. They qualify because "their gran got her hair done in glasgow", as quoted by someone on Monday Night Live.

A few months ago people said we were an ageing side, but now look at how many QUALITY youngsters are coming through their clubs youth teams into first-team regular players.

Clubs like Kilmarnock and more notably Abredeen have tons of young players.
You have to applaud them for not doing a Dunde type scenario and bringing in foreign imports.

So come and show respect to the SFA for giving us a legend

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I'd still have prefered Nevio Scala or Philip Trousierr. Berti Vogts doesn't seem a major step on from Craig Brown, they are the same kind of boring manager & I am sick of Scotland playing boring defencive football.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I though scala would be the best choice, but well i dont want to go into the politics of it..

Vogts can do well, who the hell does Speirs(Graeme) think scotland are that we could get a big name manager? the only big names we could get would be scottish ones, though i wouldve liked to see venables. as a footballing nation, we are miles behind in terms of our national team, so why expect to get a manager better than the likes of sweden, who have been great lately, and norway. becuase we live so clse to england doesnt mean we have the same attraction for national team managers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts