Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MADRID, June 15 (Reuters) - Real Madrid forward Perica Ognjenovic will join Spanish
first division club Valladolid on loan next season, the European champions announced on
Thursday.

The Yugoslav international striker, who was signed from Red Star Belgrade in December
1998 on a five-year contract for a transfer fee of 750 million pesetas ($4.29 million),
has struggled to make his mark in the Spanish capital.

Ognjenovic, 23, was injured immediately after his arrival and played only one league
game in his first season.

He made only 11 league and two Champions League appearances last season and is
clearly not part of Real Madrid coach Vicente Del Bosque's future plans.

Hopes were high that Ognjenovic would fulfil his early potential after three appearances
in the 1998 World Cup finals but he failed to make Yugoslavia's Euro 2000 squad.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I think this is a very good idea. It seems Sanz has some good relations with the Valladolid board as ythere is now a strong relationship going on. If I'm rigth Manuel Tena has joined them too and is part of this deal. I bet Ognjenovic's talent explodes in Valladolid next season, just like Rodrigos did and in the season 2001/2 he'll be a great acet to our team. I'm very happy we didn't sell him, because he's proved he can be great:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts