Xtratime Community banner

121 - 140 of 359 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Fargo>>>> well, nearly everybodys name in Lithuanian language ends with an ''S'':D:D:D

That point guard, Jasikevicius, scored 28points, including amazing 7/11 3-pointers:)
It was crazy after that match in every city streets and villages of Lithuania:D:D:D

·
1st Tier Poster
50,398 Posts
Hungarian Robert Fazekas, who won gold in discus throw, failed his doping test.It means that Lithuanian Virgilius Alekna gets the gold medal and Estonian Aleksander Tammert bronze medal.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Well, at the moment we own 2 silver medals ;)

Jevgenijs Sapronenko in gymnastics - silver.
And just today, Viktors Scerbatihs, weightlifting in super-weight category +105 - silver.
Also our 110m hurdle runner Stanislavs Olijars qualified for 1/2 final.
Our canoe/kayak sportsman qualified for final.
In friday one of our hopes Aigars will walk 50 km.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I'm from Belgium and this summer I visited Lithuania.
I was mainly stayin in the capital Vilnius and I "visited" the Zalgiris stadium.
As I play football in a lower league in Belgium and for us it is a nice extra fund beside our daily job, I was wandering if the first league in Lithuanin is professional? Do they use professional players and how is the financial situation? Do the players make good money? or is just there hobby?

Thanks
Grees from Belgium

·
Registered
227 Posts
hi dave07,

yes, in Lithuania we have two professional football leagues. Although in the 2nd division some teams are amateurs.
The biggest problem for our football is money. Best players earn only up to some 800euros, clubs dont have money. So if a young player starts to play well in Lithuania, he is immediately transferred to some russian club. there he earns much more, but often he stops progressing there. I regard this as the biggest problem in Lithuanian football. Also, the quality of the stadiums are awful. You saw Zalgiris stadium. It is supposed to be renowated, but there is no money, so...we gonna play Spain in that stadium on October 13 in WC2006 qualifiers, its terrible isnt it? :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the response.
I understand the problem, and 800 € is indeed not much.
Maybe also a problem is that football in Lithuania is not so popular, as they told me that basketball is the sport number one.
But anyway, I play a lower level in Belgium, ( it's the 4 th league) and some players there make alot of money.
So how many leagues do you have in Lithuania?
Do the players in the lower leagues also earn money, or is it just for hobby?
About the stadium, I thought it was quite cozy, but indeed to host a match against Spain maybe a bit small, but anyway I liked it.
And if you'll play against Spain like you played against Belgium you might even gather some points, who knows.....
If Zalgiris plays in that stadium, how many people come and watch the match avaregely?

Greetz

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Apsveicu dzimšanas dienā Redbox ! :party:

Note: If the sentence above is not correct in Latvian : Have an happy B-Day Redbox. ;)

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
XX winter olympics games

Estonia takes gold in cross country skiing event

TURIN, Feb 12 (LETA) - Estonian cross country skier Kristina Smiguna took home the gold medal in the 7.5+7.5 kilometer event today at the XX Winter Olympics.

After the first classical segment of the race, Smiguna was behind Slovenia's Petra Majdic by one second.

In the free-style segment, Smiguna was faster, sprinting past Katerina Noimanov from the Czech Republic to victory.

Russia's Yevgeniya Medvedev-Abruzov earned the bronze medal.
-------------------------------------------------------
Congrats ! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
450 Posts
woohoo, my neighbour won her second gold today! :D

·
Registered
890 Posts
I wish you latvian lads will face russian scums in men's ice hockey tournament and do them from behind like a few years ago [especially Kasparaitis with a special - big one] :howler: :D

c'mon brothers!!!

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
They lost already twice but drew with USA. They have to beat Russia and Khazhatan now.

Code:
[CENTER]R Team GP W T L GF:GA PTS 
  1 SVK   3  3  0  0   13:7  6 
  2 SWE   3  2  0  1   13:8  4 
 3 RUS   3  2  0  1   9:5   4 
 4 USA   3  1  1  1   8:6   3 
  5 LAT   3  0  1  2   7:15  1 
   6 KAZ   3  0  0  3   3:12  0 [/CENTER]

121 - 140 of 359 Posts