Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 528 Posts

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
West Ham United Thread

Ok Hammers, here's your chance. Not exactly a forum, but at least's it a thread of your own, for singing 'forever blowing bubbles' and such like. First question. Is Joe Cole staying or going?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Staying....Glenn Roeder knows he needs to hold on to his best assets so will slap a big price tag on his head, probly around 15m, ditto Defoe and Carrick...plus i havent heard any reported interest from other clubs 4 a while

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you rate Glen Roeder? I thought he turned the team round quite impressively last season, and got a few decent results. Keeping hold of Cole, Carrick and Defoe would obviously be his greatest triumph though, don't you think?

·
Registered
5 Posts
liverpool4ever said:
where does joe cole play in midfield?
i bet he's not on the left coz that is sinclair's position ,right?
They change in the match,then Cole theleft on and Sinclair on the right,and then Cole on the right and Sincs on the left but sometimes plays Cole in the centre.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
How do you rate Glen Roeder? I thought he turned the team round quite impressively last season, and got a few decent results. Keeping hold of Cole, Carrick and Defoe would obviously be his greatest triumph though, don't you think?
Its a very good trainer,he brought us to the seventh position,the boys have the potential for the seventh position but you must do it.And he buys very good(cheep) players.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If West Ham can hold on to their decent players then they may do just as well as last season but they will never be a top 4 club and with the way money is being thrown about nowadays, the likes of Cole, Carrick & Defoe will be picked up by those in the top 4 and they will go to your Man U's & Liverpool's because there is moree sucess at those clubs.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
stafford jim said:
:cool: :cool: we've got the best team we've had in years ,young and good to watch with a bit of luck we might get into europe this season :) :) :)

The hammers are getting better and better under Glenn and if u manage to hang on to Carrick, Cole and Defoe...the future will only get better...

However IMO u will need quite a BIT of luck to get into Europe this season

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
As I live in South Dorset I get to see a lot of AFC Bournemouth's home matches and I have to say that Defoe is the best player I have ever seen at Dean Court. The likes of Rio Ferdinand & Matty Holland have also played for the cherries if you didn't know.
I think Jermane should be a regular for the hammers now and they should ditch Di Canio ( or keep him as a deputy to Defoe).

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I think that Defoe and Di Canio could be the perfect partnership for West Ham this season. With Defoe's pace, acceleration, and eye for goal with Di Canio's skill, brain and technique, they would compliment each other greatly.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
July 29, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No United move for Di Canio
West Ham have rejected reports that Paolo Di Canio is again a target for Manchester United. The Old Trafford club were keen to sign the veteran striker last March and rumours have appeared once again. However, Hammers spokesman Peter Stewart said: "It¡¦s just speculation. We've had no approach from Manchester United."

channel4 ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Injury Forces Gary Charles To Retire
News Archive

07/29/2002. West Ham's Gary Charles has been forced to retire due to a knee injury.

Since being signed from Benfica for ?.2m in October 1999 Charles has made just six appearances for the Hammers after a series of injuries.

"West Ham United is a great club and I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here, despite the problems," said Charles.

"I will always be a Hammers fan and aim to get to as many games as possible."

soccerage :(

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Friday, August 2, 2002
Hammers complete Soma sale
By Ken Dyer

West Ham manager Glenn Roeder continued his weeding out process today when he sold Norwegian defender Ragnvald Soma back to former club Bryne for an undisclosed fee.
Soma joined West Ham in January 2000 for ?00,000 but played only a handful of senior matches.

The 22-year-old defender is the latest in a growing number of fringe players who have left the club since Roeder succeeded Harry Redknapp just over a year ago.

'It's a good move for Raggy and for us,' said Roeder today. 'He needed to get his career back on track and he wasn't going to figure in our first-team plans for next season.'

Soma follows Rigobert Song, Hayden Foxe, Svetoslav Todorov and Gary Charles out of Upton Park, which should help save almost ?million a year on salaries.

'The squad is a bit thin in terms of numbers,' Roeder said. 'But the money we have saved in salaries means I can now hopefully get in another couple of players before the transfer window closes at the end of August.'

soccernet ;)

1 - 20 of 528 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.