Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MERCATO: PRESO LO SVEDESE BENGTSSON
Lunedi, 26 Gennaio 2004 19:19:55
MILANO - F.C. Internazionale comunica di aver definito l'acquisto dall'Orebro FK di Martin Bengtsson, svedese, classe 1986, nazionale under 18, centrocampista centrale con caratteristiche da regista, uno dei talenti emergenti del calcio dell'Europa del nord. Seguito a lungo dagli osservatori del Settore Giovanile nerazzurro, Bengtsson ha firmato un contratto che scadrà il 30 giugno 2006, preverendo l'Inter ad altri club europei. Il calciatore da domani sarà a disposizione di Daniele Bernazzani e farà parte della squadra Primavera.

translation: we have officialy acquired from Orebro FK Martin Bengtsson born in 1986, he plays the centre midfield role, in a "Pirlo" sort of way. One of the young rising talents of the Northern part of Europe, beginning tommorow will become available to Daniele Bernazzani to be picked in regular selection for the "primavera" squad.

Anyway I like to hear this sort of transfer news, Martins came straight out of the primavera squad, Beati, Pasquale & Rebecchi all have very bright futures as well.

By the way I hope we don't get Stankovic, Staam would be really nice to have though, I would love to have Pizarro at Inter on the other hand, his a guy that dictates tempo and directs the midfield, has good vision and great feet, young too, by the as soon as we get C.Zanetti back will be a lot better.....peace!

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Carmelo16 said:
translation: we have officialy acquired from Orebro FK Martin Bengtsson born in 1986, he plays the centre midfield role, in a "Pirlo" sort of way.
it is hard for me to imagine a Swede play in a Pirlo sort of way. :D

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
More the way Aimar plays...Same relaxed style, has the same bodey structure for that sake as well.

Hardly give much more information since i only seen him come in as a sub. But he looked verey techniqual atleast.

·
International
6,724 Posts

BENGTSSON: "I KNOW INTER"

MILAN - Inter beat off competition from numerous European clubs to capture the signing of Swedish midfielder Martin Bengtsson. The highly-rated under-18 international joins the Nerazzurri from Orebro FK, and started work with Daniele Bernazzani's Primavera squad today.

In an interview with Inter.it, Bengtsson revealed his knowledge of Italian football. He said: "I've watched loads of Serie A matches on television. I know almost everything about your football and, of course, about Inter. I know the history of the club and the players."

Bengtsson's first contact with Inter was several months ago. "I had already met my new team during a technical stage last November and I had an excellent impression, both as regards the coach and the Primavera players," he recalled.

BENGTSSON: "READY FOR VIAREGGIO"

MILAN - Neo-Nerazzurrini midfielder Martin Bengtsson turns eighteen on 14 March. Currently a member of the Swedish Under-18 side, he has signed a contract with Inter that expires on 30 June 2006. Bengtsson still hasn't had time to visit the city of Milan, but assures he will do as soon as he has time. In the meantime, the former Orebro FK player will be in the stands at the Comunale di Bresso on Wednesday afternoon to watch his new team take on Salernitana in the Primavera Coppa Italia semi-final return leg.

Speaking to Inter.it, Bengtsson explained his technical characteristics. "I'm a central midfielder, but I can also play at centre left or centre right," he revealed. "You say 'regista'. I have always played in midfield, more or less in every position."

With two weeks to go until the prestigious Viareggio Tournament kicks off, Daniele Bernazzani will be able to count on the new addition to his squad, who was in training up to a few days ago.

"I've heard a lot about this competition. I will be ready," said Bengtsson.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey jkris I like the fact that your defending Pirlo here :D
but seriously though, Ancelotti somehow succesfully transformed Pirlo from a guy that loved playing behind the strikers to a guy that now plays between the midfield line and the defense line. Pirlo distributes the ball beatifully, like few people on the face of the earth, with vision & precision, and I swear there isn't ANYBODY better in the world right now at setting up his strikers with amazingly pin-point accurate longballs!!! even though I have to admit I hate longballs but watching Pirlo is an amazing sight!!
I have seen it at least 3 or 4 times this year where Pirlo gets the ball from Gattuso or Seedorf, looks up & there goes a long ball that lands right in front of Shevchenko and behind the enemy defenders!!!
WE INTERISTI (or at least I do) can only dream of a midfielder (our prayers might be answered soon, I think Pizarro is a great "regista" and has a great future in Serie A) with that much vision, class, skill, and precision, if I could only get Brocchi, Pirlo and Seedorf back........:dontcare: :dontcare: :depress:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I have to agree in Pirlo's case, what you guys have just said.

Have to admit that Pirslo's passes are dam.n. very good...
long balls or through balls or short passes....all are good....

:mad:

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Carmelo16, it was not that I was here to praise Pirlo even if I gladly do that. No, it was my laughing at the prospect of having a Swedish player compared with Pirlo. Technical play isn't as emphasised in Sweden, unfortunately. The most technical players in Sweden are mostly immigrants.

That do not mean Bengtsson can't be end up as a star or as an exellent regista.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I am sure M.Bengtsson is alot more tehcniqual than Pirlo for sure:) Well atleast what i could see, he was able to run and advance with the ball unlike pirlo.

Beside i could mention more than enough players with better passing technique than Pirlo. Veron is one, Viana, Beckham, Riquelme, Jorgensen, Totti and even Källström are some other ones...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
this guy sounds very good, hopefully he can make an impact like that of martins. But i do hope he gets his fair number of chances in the next few years

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Inter will train him well, he will become very good, you will sell him to Udinese or soemthing like that and he will eventually play for Juventus or Real madrid!!!

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Deano said:
Inter will train him well, he will become very good, you will sell him to Udinese or soemthing like that and he will eventually play for Juventus or Real madrid!!!
Nah, rather he will train with Inter for a year or two, before beeing loaned to some serie D team and after yet another spell there he will come back to Sweden to try to pick up his career all over again.
Just like every other Swede that has turned pro in their teens.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Can work either way man, I have no idea who he is and probably wont hear of him for another few years so I will see!!! All I know is, all the promising youngsters end up at Inter, but never stay there!!!

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Giovanni Pasquale? :)
Obafemi Martins? :)
Alex Cordaz? :)
Fabrizio Biava? :)

Four of our current players that comes from our Primavera team and is with the first team. You could have added Beati, Rebecchi and Potenza as well, who spent some time with the senior team before they were loaned out to another team.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Pasquale, oh yes so he is 1 of the best in the world isnt he :rolleyes:

Martins - fair enough he is good but there is time for Inter to sell him yet :D

Cordaz and Biava - never played a game for Inter in Serie A, I dont count these as world class players yet either

Im talking more along the lines of Frey, Ferrari, Mutu and more, I just cant think at the moment :D

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Aha...

Thought you were talking about Primavera players. Since after all Bengtsson has been signed for the Primavera squad, so. ;)

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Gollum said:
I am sure M.Bengtsson is alot more tehcniqual than Pirlo for sure:) Well atleast what i could see, he was able to run and advance with the ball unlike pirlo.

Beside i could mention more than enough players with better passing technique than Pirlo. Veron is one, Viana, Beckham, Riquelme, Jorgensen, Totti and even Källström are some other ones...
Are you trying to be the laughing stock of the forum? You compare a young player that you seen against players that are FAR FAR from the ones Pirlo meet daily. since he was 16 years old.

Hard to compare passing technique, but I do not agree with you.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I knew selling Ferrari was going to be a big mistake. Even though he was not very well in the days of (was it Lippi and Tardelli) he was so young, and you could tell be his young physical stature, and by his face that he was picking up things and learning. Now what we have lost is an amazing prospect definitely on course for a long INternational career with Italy

Mutu, how on earth did we let him go?

Frey-attitude problems, plus we needed money to get Toldo, but notheless another regretfull move away.

Other young players like Pirlo:fero:

But as the guy points out, we have had a success story in Martins, and currently i rate him in his very young age, just under Mutu for his contribution

Bengtsson and Eliakwu seem very interesting. Lets hope we dont make too many mistakes with our youngsters.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Yeah, sure:)

I refered his style, the way he runs with the ball and his bodey structure as to Aimar, wich has nothing to do with his potential btw. Cuse that as well as that he had a superb technique is actually something that i easily could pick up, even from the limited time i seen him play.

And yes again, he looked like a more techniquall laid player than Pirlo. I dont see what would be so amusing about that. Eventhough i wrote it merely to provoke.

"Hard to compare passing technique, but I do not agree with you"

ofcurse you dont. But actually no, it probably cant be measured properly.

But here 2 examples of what Pirlo is inferour to someone like Veron.
- Pirlo doesnt use the the outside of his foot much.
- Pirlo doesnt attempt on any more difficult passes while running.

Pirlo can loss valuable time cuse he cant handle these things that well. That doesnt mean he cant do well enough without mastering these full, specially not in his current role where he is given aload of time on the ball. But stil i just dont see how anyone could rate Pirlo a better passer than Veron, techniqually...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
TWO NEW PLAYERS FOR INTER
Saturday, 31 January 2004 12:53:37
MILAN - As the winter transfer window draws to a close, the Nerazzurri have signed two new players. Striker Eros Bagnara, born in 1985, and midfielder Mattia Frascoia, born in 1986, join Inter Primavera on loan from Treviso and Pro Patria respectively. Inter retain an option to buy both players at the end of the loan periods.

Bagnara will be available to Primavera coah Daniele Bernazzani for this afternoon's Primavera championship match away to Padova.

inter.it ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts