Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Fiorentinas defender Tomáš Ujfaluši gave an interview to Sky Sports in Italy after the game against Parma where he declared that he'll be playing for Atlético next season.

"We did our best to win this game and we've always been supporters of Napoli through out history. I'll defend the red and white colors of Atlético Madrid next season, it was a tough choice to make but didn't have anything to do with money. I wanted to play in Spain after all those years in Italy. Now we have to travel to Torino and do our best."

Name: Tomáš Ujfaluši
Date of birth: March 24, 1978
Place of birth: Rýmařov, Czech Republic
Former clubs: SK Sigma Olomouc, Hamburger SV and ACF Fiorentina
NT-caps/Goals: 64/2
Height: 185 cm
Weight: 76 kg
Position: Defender, both CB and RB.

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most likely, we've signed Heitinga and Ufo for the upcoming campaign now and they can both play at RB.

Heit said that he was signed to play as a CB though, so he'll only be a replacement at RB.

Antonio López showed that he can handle it as well, but I would rather hold on to Seitaridis, he's got experience and can do really well if he avoids all those injuries.

We need to sign a solid LB and that's not very easy to find these days, offloading Pernía will be a pleasure ;)

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
no perea, pablo, pernia for next season.....is like a dream come true :proud: :proud:

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
great signing.he is a solid defender and above all he has come for free.SO the management has been smart in signing him.also its an added bonus that he can play at the right back position.IMO he is better at CB

as now he is free i hope we can get some solid starting LB as i simply think thta lopez is a good back up and not a starter
pernia/perea/pablo should be sold

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
He is definitely better at CB. On RB wouldn't be that bad neither, movement and speed aren't problem, but his crosses were always awful. As long as played in centre, he'll become indispensable for your defense.

Hopefully he'll do well with you, forza Ufo!

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
He is definitely better at CB. On RB wouldn't be that bad neither, movement and speed aren't problem, but his crosses were always awful. As long as played in centre, he'll become indispensable for your defense.

Hopefully he'll do well with you, forza Ufo!
Our forwards are used to those awful crosses and hence never expect a good one.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Johnny Heitinga and now Tomáš Ujfaluši, great signings especially in the spots you need, now there's a very good chance you won't embarrass your self's in the CL ;)

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's the initial thought, to strengthen Atléticos defence and then the other departments ;)

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Nice signing.. But finding a good LB will be seriously hard for you :) I cant think of many, and none that are availible

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
John Arne Riise ;)
Keep the shit to yourself, especially since we already have a dumbass in Pernía ;)

Scouting is the key once again, you can't find good players if your scouting isn't working.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Good signing although i would have prefered this 2 years ago as he is now 30.

Riise???? No thank you, not at all, he isnt good enough for Atleti, he is one of the pieces of junk in your squad that ensures you will never win the league.

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
Riise???? No thank you, not at all, he isnt good enough for Atleti, he is one of the pieces of junk in your squad that ensures you will never win the league.
Riise: Good at scoring own goals....

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Good signing although i would have prefered this 2 years ago as he is now 30.

so what if he is 30,he has come in for free and has atleast three seasons of top quality football left in him

i hope we do not even look at Riise.IMO my first choice is salcido as he looks to be a very good player.also if that is not possible jose enrique of newcastle is also one that i like and he can be available as reports say that he has not been that good in england.

that said my dream(though might be stupid) is to buy gurdado from depor and play him as a wingback ala roberto carlos

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
i dont know anything about him but is impssoble to worst then the ****** we have in the defense

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Good signing, i'd play him at cb personally. Left back wise what happened to the link with Kleber? he's availble and decent in my opinion

1 - 20 of 33 Posts