Xtratime Community banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Congrats to the Lions!

Who's wearing no.13 for Singapore? My brother went to the stadium n manage to get hold of that players' short :howler:.....yucksssss :pp

·
Registered
43,071 Posts
Indra is great. Congratulations, Singapore! Finally! More than any of the teams we've had in the 90s, this Singapore NT plays like a real team!

So now, as Great Outdoors said, all guns blazing for the Asian Cup! :)

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
There's a sour grape amongst the losers but let me give the statistics, in case you didn't know already. Our goalie is 1.88m, our defenders are Baihakki is 1.9m (the tallest in the team), Aide Iskandar is 1.82m, Subramani is the shortest at 1.78m and Bennett is 1.84m. Tall men...:D

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
congrats for the winning :)
i didnt watch the game so i guess i was lucky :D

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
The game was over within the first ten minutes when Singapore scored. If anything, that sweet killer blow restored our advantage to 3 goals, those very ones which we scored without reply until injury time in Jakarta. Then it is a matter of attacking and counter-attacking while soaking up the pressure. Itimi Jackson's run and cross was excellent. Penalty was confidently taken and the second half was nothing more than preserving the advantage for the win.

Our Lions started off not as favourites and it seemed to have done them a lot of good. Despite our appearance in the Final, we seemed to be labelled as underdogs against Indonesia in Jakarta, but remember that Indonesia did not do too well against us nor Malaysia, so in truth I am more worried if we played Malaysia instead. Granted we didn't play Malaysia and Thailand and yet we won, so perhaps we were lucky. But good teams made their own luck and besides, we didn't win by a freak goal this time.

Congrats Singapore NT.

paw;)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Congrats for Singapore.
Sorry for the late response..ehhmm..better late than never eh, coz now I'm very busy with my job.

Yes, Safe. There is a live TV coverage here.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Thought it would be appropriate to share some Cup Final pictures with you all.

I wasn't there at the stadium; all credit to a hardwarezone.com forum member ("keo_86") for providing these pictures. :)

Warming Up

10 Minutes to kick-off

The Famous Red Sea

No prizes for guessing which one the home team is

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
nice pics, great outdoors :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
MVP: Lionel Lewis (SIN)
Top scorer: Ilham Jayakesuma (IDN)

JCB Tiger Cup 2004 All Star XI:
Lionel Lewis, S.Subramani, Daniel Bennett (Singapore), Charis Yulianto, Syamsul Bachri, Boas Salossa, Ilham Jaya Kesuma (Indonesia), Khalid Jamlus(Malaysia), So Myat Min(Myanmar), Thach Bao Khanh, Le Cong Vinh(Vietnam).

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Darn, if you use magnifying glass you can see me in that 2nd pic you posted, Red :D

I was too lazy to resize my pics, hence just the link. I tried posting them earlier in that post, but it really screwed up the size of this page and would take such a long time to load!

If someone is kind enough to host the pics on their webspace, PM me and I'll send the pics ;)

121 - 136 of 136 Posts