21 - 40 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
karrmadamaii said:
vs Timor Leste: 500-1000
vs Myanmar: 1500 vs around 3000 Myanmar supporters
vs Thailand: A few thousand vs around 1500 Thai supporters

Crap. The tickets were selling for only RM10, the matches are on a saturday night and still only a few thousand turned up. You know where the rest went to? Restaurants, cafes and stalls to catch EPL.

sheesh.

oh, and OLE MALAYSIA!!!!!!
Just a thousands, hmmm....you must be kidding :D And a couple season ago at the same stadium against United, 6-0 winner, how much the supporters that attend the stadium?
Btw, I think malaysia could take a draw at indonesia, we are without our 2 key players then.

·
Registered
58,949 Posts
will the game go ahead ? even though Jakarta wasn't effected

anyways GO INDONESIA :fero: :D

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The only player that Indonesia is going to miss the most is Boas Salossa. This kid is prodigy and a hell of dribbler with good playmaker ability. Ilham can be replaced by Kurniawan who is still good player and experienced player. Luckily, Indonesia still have their right winger Elie Ayboy. I consider him to be more important than Boas, because I think he is the one who run the show all the time for the team.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
As in my earlier post, all the important and significant players for us didn't make the squad :pp :D

You see Jakarta Red, in Malaysia, first in football is the EPL, then the UCL, and then Real Madrid & Barca, and then La Liga, and then Serie A, and then other related footie stuff, and lastly, the WCs and Euros. :)

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Wally said:
will the game go ahead ? even though Jakarta wasn't effected

anyways GO INDONESIA :fero: :D
the game will go ahead but they will observe 1 min of silence as a mark of respect before the start of the match. the players will also wear black armbands. part of the proceeds from the game will be donated to aid the victims and their families...

·
Registered
58,949 Posts
so did we win? :fero: must be half 10 now in Jakarta. Also how many people turned up?

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
OMG we won! OMG we won! OMG we won! I'm going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a rather dull match, with only one team really trying to get sth out of the game. Indon played very well, exp at home, and played as how I would've expected them to play. Great wing play and passing, not to mention great pace and urgency about their game. Scored a rather unspectacular goal, and have to say that our equaliser was of great quality. The timing of the run, and placement of the header and the power of it quite amazed me. Our lead was due to a mistake in the Indons defense, which was well, quite unfortunate for them.

As much as the Indons were solid in attack, so were we in defense. However, our midfield support play during the rare attacks we had was appaling. Our strikers were winning headers but they had no one to pass back to as the midfield was dreadfully slow in going up.

With all the Indonesian immigrants staying at Malaysia, it'll be like a second "home" match for them. Will be a cracker of a second leg at the National Stadium this saturday.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
I heard Indonesia scored in the 6th minute but Malaysia equalised in the 23rd minute or smthing like that....I'm not in the mood actually :( How big was the turnout, do you know?

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
How big was the turnout? If its footie, and its Senayan, expect at least 20,000.

I friend said the commentator mentioned 20,000, so I guess that was the figure.

We've been runnning jokes abt how Kit Kong's (our goal scorer) house would be robbed by Indonesians last night. :pp :D No offense to all the Indonesian and Indonesian fans out there ;)

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
well what can i say karrmadamaii?
congrats for the winning :)

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
karrmadamaii said:
We've been runnning jokes abt how Kit Kong's (our goal scorer) house would be robbed by Indonesians last night. :pp :D No offense to all the Indonesian and Indonesian fans out there ;)
cheeky you! kena tsunami baru padan muka... :pp :D j/k :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
karrmadamaii said:
How big was the turnout? If its footie, and its Senayan, expect at least 20,000.

I friend said the commentator mentioned 20,000, so I guess that was the figure.

Congrats for all malaysian..hehe...Nice job you do at Stadium Gelora "Welcome To Hell" Bung Karno.

The supporters there were about 100,000 and the tickets its just sold for 60,000 so I think the rest of 40,000 were illegal.
Our Indonesian team is so nervous if supported by so much people.

I was so dissapointed when we lose, but I more concerns about the hooligans there that threw some bottle and things to the field. Hmmm...just wait it for a ban from AFF, people!

In Indonesian, the most big big issue were the hooliganism do by the supporters. So I apologize to all malaysian that seen a little chaotic at the stadium.

The only team that beaten us at GBK from 1997 just Thailand,China and Saudi Arabia. And now, Malaysia..hmmmm..congrats for you all.

·
Registered
522 Posts
i thought the malaysian team played really well... we knew the indonesians were gonna be attacking (and dominating play), but other than a few hiccups (including that early goal), malaysians defended really well... They absorbed the pressure, and made count the few chances (and half-chances) they had...

In the second half, after the malaysians had taken the lead, they lost a little of their focus, and were lucky not to concede an equaliser, but they worked hard throughout the match, and did look tired at that point...

The second leg would be very interesting... Indonesia will even be more attacking-minded, and well, the malaysian team is too unpredictable in their performances to really place a bet on... But excellent work anyhow for malaysia...... :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup:

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Congrats to Malaysia. But there's still second leg and this time we have Boas and Ilham in our side. :D

I think the best Malaysian player yesterday is Liew Kit Kong. I knew that he was going to be a 'dark horse', he has very good positioning and very clever player. For me he is more dangerous than Khalid Zamlus.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Good victory for us, 4-3 against the Myanmars. But I must admit that the referee was sh*t :tongue: and made many wrong decisions. Too bad there is no away goal advantage :thmbdown:

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
zack_manutd said:
Good victory for us, 4-3 against the Myanmars. But I must admit that the referee was sh*t :tongue: and made many wrong decisions. Too bad there is no away goal advantage :thmbdown:
Yup, a good victory but I didn't catch the match on TV. I was too engrossed with what's happening around us :( Am I right to say that the second leg will be this Sunday at the National Stadium? My sis and her kids are planning to go...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Zhuge Liang said:
Congrats to Malaysia. But there's still second leg and this time we have Boas and Ilham in our side. :D

I think the best Malaysian player yesterday is Liew Kit Kong. I knew that he was going to be a 'dark horse', he has very good positioning and very clever player. For me he is more dangerous than Khalid Zamlus.
Naah, Zhuge. I'm kinda pessimistic that we're gonna passed Malaysia.
The most dangerous players was Charis,Lessy and Firmansyah, they let Kit Kong scores.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Indons will get us at our backyard. I hope we qualify for the finals, coz then i can bring my brother to the final.

Congrats to S'pore. Let's look forward to "meeting" each other eh Safe? ;)

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
If we do 'meet', I know who to support :pp If it's Indonesia vs Singapore, then I'll have a problem....I mean, how on earth do I deal with all the Indonesians next door? :D

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Safe said:
If we do 'meet', I know who to support :pp If it's Indonesia vs Singapore, then I'll have a problem....I mean, how on earth do I deal with all the Indonesians next door? :D
just tell them "nanti kena tsunami lagi sekali baru tau" :pp j/k

21 - 40 of 136 Posts