Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A tough game awaits us tommorow when we meet Villarreal who have been really impressive this season and are tied on points with Osasuna for the 4th spot. Led by Riquelme, they could really cause us problems and I'm sure Rafa and the players are aware of that.

Apart from Fabio Aurelio, Rafa has the full squad at his disposal, Albelda, Sissoko and Pablito are fit again and Carboni is back from suspension so I expect our strongest line up out there.

It's going to be a tough and big game, especially after Real and Depor's victories.

Probable Line up: Canizares; Curro, Ayala, Pellegrino, Carboni; Jorge Lopez, Albelda, Baraja, Vicente; Aimar; Mista

AMUNT VALENCIA!!!

Oh and I've seen some familiar faces back during the break, like Ziad and Amunti :cool: I hope you guys don't disappear anytime soon again :tongue: Looking forward to discussing matters with you guys again!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I get to watch the derby live in sg:D
I'm anticipating for this....

Riquelme makes a super long darting pass to the forward, it hits Palmero accidentally and rebounds to Aimar. Aimar lops the GK from 50 yards!
:D

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Riquelme vs Aimar, they were great together at Malaysia youth world cup. What a match this is gonna be, hope I could see it! Villarreal could also field Sebastian Battaglia for the first time in this match and you´ve probably heard of him! All things said I think we´ll win!

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
it should be the most exciting match on day 18 i expect!
the king of defence fights against the up-coming squad.
two extremely talented argentine will let another know who is better. :strong:

·
Registered
518 Posts
ÉÃMadridistaÉÃ said:
it should be the most exciting match on day 18 i expect!
the king of defence fights against the up-coming squad.
two extremely talented argentine will let another know who is better. :strong:
Villareal king of defense???!?!?! :rolleyes:
Valencia is indeed the king of defense in La Liga but not Villareal in my opinion. I will look forward to a win as Valencia usually have no problems against them according to history.

Battaglia is indeed a work machine and given time, he will sure shine brighter than Cambiasso.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A frustrating first half ends 0-1 for Villarreal. :( A great freekick from Riquelme after beautiful play for Guayre and Sony Andersson which led to the foul.

:mad:

·
Registered
778 Posts
So far, not so good...

At the half:

Valencia: 0
Villareal: 1 Riquelme(15')

We started well, constantly pressuring Villareal. Riquelme then scores a very nicely taken direct free kick.
After that, Villareal basically closed shop, and is counting on the occasional counter attack.

Ziad

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Tears4Fears said:
s....

Riquelme makes a super long darting pass to the forward, it hits Palmero accidentally and rebounds to Aimar. Aimar lops the GK from 50 yards!
Riquelme must have one hell of a foot then, because Palermo plays in Betis now :tongue: :D

A super game really and that was a great comeback by Valencia. Two goals in two minutes was what exactly Valencia needed. With Pablito, Vicente, Baraja, and Albelda your team will definetely stay as title contender.

By the way, what a pass by Jorge Lopez for the 2nd goal for Villareal, it was absolutely sensational :eek:

·
Registered
738 Posts
4-2 :rolleyes: My heart tells me sth different, but I will say it: Valencia is the best team in la-liga :fero:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Valencia "too experienced" for battling Villarreal
tribalfootball.com - January 5, 2004

Valencia moved within two points of leaders Real Madrid after yesterday's 4-2 win over Villarreal.
The visitors had Sergio Ballesteros sent-off in a game which was highlighted by goals for Valencia from Ruben Baraja (2) and Pablo Aimar.

Villarreal coach Benito Floro blamed inexperience for his team's defeat: "We lacked the players of experience needed to control a game like this one.

"After they went 3-1 ahead, the only way we could get back was to be more aggressive, but we chose the wrong options.

"In the second-half we made childish errors."

·
Registered
778 Posts
A great comeback!
It certainly didn't look good at the end of the first half, down 0-1, not creating any real chances, and Villareal bundled up in the back.
Note that we could have easily gone 0-2 in the second half before the comeback.
Anyway, good game, and great win.

Ziad

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hala Madrid said:
Riquelme must have one hell of a foot then, because Palermo plays in Betis now :tongue: :D
Oppsss... bad mistake I made, my *database* requires updating. *Blur me*

I manged to watch 1/2 of the game live and fellen asleep, simply too shag.

Indeed a great comeback by Valencia that showed so much character in the recovery. Now I regretted felling asleep during the break after missing all the main actions!!!

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Tears4Fears said:
Villareal king of defense???!?!?! :rolleyes:
Valencia is indeed the king of defense in La Liga but not Villareal in my opinion. I will look forward to a win as Valencia usually have no problems against them according to history.

Battaglia is indeed a work machine and given time, he will sure shine brighter than Cambiasso.
i meant valencia king of defense and the up-coming team was villareal.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hala Madrid said:

By the way, what a pass by Jorge Lopez for the 2nd goal for Villareal, it was absolutely sensational :eek:
You mean Victor. ;) And yes that was a fantastic pass! :eek:

Great second half and match overall. Everything went ourside in the second half, two quick goals within a couple of minutes, then Ballesteros' sending off and we were on course after that.

Vicente and Baraja were our best players, while Marchena and Jorge Lopez were the poorest two IMO.

Oh and T4F must've wished for better finishing by Aimar from Santa because that was a brilliant finish! :tongue:

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NEO said:
This is exactly what we needed to start the year, now we just have to hope that Madrid f**ks up!
They have a tricky game next week, away at Sociedad, so let's hope they do f**k up!

But our away game against Albacete won't be easy, but we should be able to get the 3 points, especially considering our away form!

·
Registered
518 Posts
MoMo said:

Oh and T4F must've wished for better finishing by Aimar from Santa because that was a brilliant finish! :tongue:
:D :star:

Will our own player, Libero Parri play against us next week? He is in great form and I have high hopes on him when he returns.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tears4Fears said:

Will our own player, Libero Parri play against us next week? He is in great form and I have high hopes on him when he returns.
I think he will. And you are right, he's been playing extremely well this season. Anyone remember that cracker he scored in the Bernabeu earlier this season? :cool:

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He's a 22(soon to be) year old midfielder that has been loaned out to Albacete this season and has been their star player so far this season.

From the official site:

Name : Líbero Parri Romero
Height: 1,74 m.
Weight : 70 Kg.
Born : Valencia () 18/01/1982
Alta :
Debut : 25/10/2000
Play. pos. :

1 - 20 of 24 Posts