Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A decisive game for us, Depor and Real Madrid! And it's going to be tough but this is going to be a crunch game IMO ( that's why I'm starting an early thread ;) ), losing this game would probably kill our chances to win La Liga as Depor would go above us and so will RM if they beat Tenerife at home so a defeat is not an option for us..

As Ziad posted in another thread our line up will probably look like the one in the past 2 games( and I really don't like it but .... ) with Aimar as a support striker and Angulo as the lone striker. But before everything we'll have to hope that all our players come back in one peice after the NT games because with our luck, we might end up with one or two more injured players :rolleyes:

Mauro Silva is out for Depor after being sent off in their last game, which is a big boost for us since he's a real influential player in thier squad, but still they've got Duscher the butcher( it rhymes doesn't it? ;) ) who would be given the job of stopping Aimar IMO .. while Tristan and Makaay can cause our defence( shaky lately :eek::( ) much trouble ..

AMUNT VALENCIA!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
As Good as it Gets

This is it ... as close to a Final as you're going to get (until next weekend at least)!
The Mestalla will be shaking with the full, vocal support of over 50,000 (my g-friend flew from NYC to go to the game!!).
The energy will be amazing ... and if there is any justice, the Ches will win this game and position themselves even better to grab their first title since 1971 ...
Personally, I just wanna clinch a spot in the Champions League and worry about that first ....
THEN ... let's win the Liga Championship and celebrate in the streets of Valencia like it's Fallas ...
Amunt Valencia ... go Ches - C

·
Registered
518 Posts
MoMo said:
but still they've got Duscher the butcher( it rhymes doesn't it? ;) ) who would be given the job of stopping Aimar IMO ..

AMUNT VALENCIA!!
Dear MoMo

Do aimar's country man a favour, stop teasing him :D
Duscher had been receiving lotsa pressure since that incident.
Give that man a break? :eek:

I'm not sure wheather will I get to watch this live in singapore, no matter what, I'll give my fullest support.

AMUNT VALENCIA

·
Registered
526 Posts
You guys have received another break. Looks like Tristan won't play this weekend. He picked up an injury today and is definitely out of the NT match is very doubtful for the big game this weekend.

·
Registered
778 Posts
You guys have received another break. Looks like Tristan won't play this weekend.
The problem is that his replacement, Makaay, is as capable as him! So Depor won't lose much.

BTW, Depor should be extremely motivated as they hold their destiny in their hands, despite being behind Valencia andMadrid: If they win against Valencia (it will NOT happen!!!!), they'd just need to beat Madrid, and they are champions! (assuming they win their other two games, probably a formality). So they will be very dangerous!

As I mentioned in another thread, since this game is the late Sunday game, it will be shown on PPV for those in the U.S. :)

Ziad

·
Registered
765 Posts
On PPV here in the States? Will it also be on ESPN Latin America? That's how
I watch the games ... at my soccer pub in NY City ...
Thanx for the info and AMUNT SEMPRE ...
- C

·
Registered
765 Posts
There's gotta be a place like that in Atlanta, no?
I'm sure of it .... here in NYC, there are like 5 places (4 Spanish social clubs and my soccer pub) that show the games ... the social clubs are Galician so they're full of Depor fans, but it's fun to watch them there because they're a nice bunch of people and not as pretentious as Merengues. We're all united in our dislike of Madrid ...
I agree that w/out Tristan, Depor are just as dangerous ... Makaay is still a great finisher ... man, what a GAME!!!
I am already nervous ... - C :D

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Official thread: Valencia - Depor

Tears4Fears said:

Dear MoMo

Do aimar's country man a favour, stop teasing him :D
Duscher had been receiving lotsa pressure since that incident.
Give that man a break? :eek:

No, you got me wrong there ;), I'm not stating that I hate the guy It's just that his style of play makes him a "butcher" to me ;) you know he's depor's Albelda ;)

And I actually like him more after that incident :D

Tirstan out, that's a relief for me, but just like Ziad mentioned Makaay is as dangerous as him :(

·
Registered
518 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Official thread: Valencia - Depor

MoMo said:

*laughs* , hey same feelings here, I liked the feeling of seeing spice boy injuried. shhhh...dun let the cat outta the bag.

Ziad said:

they'd just need to beat Madrid, and they are champions! (assuming they win their other two games, probably a formality). So they will be very dangerous!
I strongly agreed that Depor is gonna be very dangerous.
& I have discussed with my wife how crucial this game is gonna be.

good news for citizens in S'pore, we'll get to watch R.Madrid Vs Tenerife on ESPN this saturday and on sunday, Star Sports is casting Valencia Vs Deportivo :)

AMUNT VALENCIA

·
Registered
518 Posts
Aimar was subbed early in the international game after picking up a knock.I'm not sure wheather will he be fully fit for this big game.
Hope he's alright...

·
Registered
238 Posts
oh yea, I heard about the injury to Aimar too. I am looking anxiously around for news to see how serious it is. Man, just our luck to have this happen when a crucial game is coming out.:(

Anyone have any new on it?

·
Registered
518 Posts
from onefootball.com :

Argentina have been left sweating on the fitness of midfielders Pablo Aimar and Marcelo Gallardo after both were injured in Wednesday's 1-0 win over Germany.

Aimar, a livewire in the opening stages, hobbled off mid-way through the first half, the victim of an horrific lunge by Germany defender Jens Jeremies. The Valencia playmaker could now miss El Che's crucial Liga showdown with Deportivo La Coruna at the weekend

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Aimar will play the match in my opinion..he played till the minute 31 of arg - ger match and he was injured at the 18th minute....not a serious injury I hope......

Viva Valencia :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
quoted from onefootbal

Aimar gets go-ahead after injury scare

Thursday 18th April 2002

Pablo Aimar has been passed fit to play for Valencia in Sunday's clash with Deportivo despite being withdrawn during Argentina's 1-0 victory over Germany. "I am fine," the midfielder explained. "I do not have any injury. It was only a slight knock."

When Aimar was replaced after 31 minutes of the international friendly in Stuttgart, concern grew that the former River Plate player had suffered a serious blow.

But the collision with Jens Jeremies did not cause any longterm harm and Aimar was only taken off as a precaution.

Juan Pablo Sorin headed home the only goal shortly after the break in a game Argentina dominated.

Argentina coach Marcelo Bielsa said: "You have to accept that this sort of thing could happen in these kind of games because the players are ending their seasons at their clubs and they also have to play these very important games with their national teams."

"I am very happy with this victory but it wasn't easy to win because we played against a very difficult team," he added. "The victory satisfies me.

Aimar's form with Valencia since Christmas has been impressive and has seen him become a favourite with the Mestalla fans.
:cool:

What's the current condition of Ayala and Pellegrino?
I think I've read recently that they started training with the squad
Is there any chance for them to play on Sunday?

·
Registered
778 Posts
What's the current condition of Ayala and Pellegrino?
I think I've read recently that they started training with the squad
Is there any chance for them to play on Sunday?
According to reports I have read, they have both recovered and are training with all the other players. They may even start on Sunday, although they also say Ayala has a better shot at starting than Pellegrino.
About Aimar, he gave a statement earlier today saying he was fine and would play this Sunday. This was confirmed by Candel, the team's doctor.

Ziad

·
Registered
518 Posts
It's a major relief to know that Aimar is fit for the Sunday showdown. I was waiting for such news since.

& if Ayala is fit to start, it's another major boast for the squad.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Soccerage's game preview...

Liga Preview: Valencia-Deportivo
Valencia - Deportivo | News Archive

04/20/2002. Valencia and Deportivo play for a piece of Liga title on Sunday night in Mestalla. Real's emphatic – and widely expected – win against Tenerife means that every mistake will count from now on.

Deportivo could virtually be cut out of the title race with a defeat. Morale is low in the Galician camp after a swift Champions League elimination. The last straw was provided by goal-machine Diego Tristan's unexpected injury while on International duty with Spain.

On the contrary, Los Ches have received a massive boost with good news regarding Pablito Aimar, crushed by Jens Jeremies in midweek.

Yet Depor would be definitely back in business with a win in Mestalla. But even if they fail to pick up the three points, they are poised to have the last word on who will be crowned Spanish champions in three weeks as Real play their last game in la Riazor…

TEAM NEWS AND PROBABLE LINEUPS

In-form Pablito Aimar is doubtful for this game after Jens Jeremies' reckless challenge in Wednesday's intl friendly won by Argentina in Germany. Club doctors told Futbolera he will almost certainly be there. Fellow Argentine Fabian Ayala could also be featured to give a more solid look to the Ches defence. The return of Vicente could push Kily Gonzalez to the bench again.

Probable: Cañizares; Curro Torres, Ayala, Djukic, Carboni; Rufete, Albelda, Baraja, Vicente; Aimar, Angulo.

Deportivo coach Javier Irureta will be travelling with a depleted squad to Valencia. Cesar and Djalminha are having muscular problems. They will be joining suspended Mauro Silva on the sidelines, as well as injured Donato, Helder, Jose Manuel and, most importantly, Diego Tristan.

Probable: Molina; Scaloni, Naybet, Romero, Capdevila; Sergio, Duscher; Víctor, Valerón, Fran; Makaay.

FORM GUIDES

Valencia: LLWWWD
Last week's draw at Mallorca dented Valencia's bid as Real took a tumble in Osasuna. This missed opportunity could prove very costly for los Ches who are unbeaten at home since January 20 (1-2 v Valladolid)

Deportivo: WDLWLW
Two defeats in the Champions League took Depor back to earth after two great group phases. On the home front, Depor are dependent on this match to keep their season alive. They are unbeaten in la Liga since February 16's defeat at Barcelona.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Official thread: Valencia - Depor

MoMo said:

No, you got me wrong there ;), I'm not stating that I hate the guy It's just that his style of play makes him a "butcher" to me ;) you know he's depor's Albelda ;)

Hehe, I almost would have started a bloody fight here;):D.
MoMo said:

Tirstan out, that's a relief for me, but just like Ziad mentioned Makaay is as dangerous as him :(
Are you afraid you still can't beat us now that Mauro Silva, Diego Tristan and César are out, added to Donato and Manuel Pablo?
Man! Would our B-team on the pitch satisfy you? Or should we field 10 men in case 11 are too much for Valencia to handle?:tongue:
Depor probable:
--------------------Molina---------------------
Scaloni--------Naybet--Romero-----Capdevila
-------------Duscher---Sergio----------------
Victor--------Valerón-------------------Fran
-------------------Makaay---------------------
Check here for more details on the Depor squad;).

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Valencia must beat Depor since Real won yesterday. i ahve lots of faith in Valencia, is it true that Ayala might be on the bench today...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts