Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Against Roma at Olimpico... Not a game we really expect to win, but you can never know. Even a draw won't be a bad result. Few casualties this time as well. Sartor, Taffarel, Bolano and Benarrivo are injured and won't make it.

Here is the squad:

Goalkeepers: De Lucia, Frey
Defenders: Cannavaro, Djetou, Ferrari, Junior, Sensini, Diana
Midfielders: Appiah, Almeyda, Boghossian, Lamouchi, Maini, Marchionni, Micoud, Nakata
Strikers: Bonazzoli, Di Vaio, Sukur

Likely line up:

(3-5-2) Frey; Ferrari, Boghossian, Cannavaro; Diana, Almeyda, Lamouchi, Nakata, Junior; Di Vaio, Bonazzoli

Sukur could play instead of Bonazzoli, Djetou is also a possibility instead of Ferrari or Boghossian in defence. If that happes, Bogho will play in midfield and this will mean bench for Almeyda. But the most likely line up is the one above. :)

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I thought sensini would start again, since he did good last match.
I hope Almeyda is on the bench though. Both Boghossian and Appiah is better choices in midfield.

We really have everything to win in this match, so I just want the players to go out on the pitch and fight. If they just play their heart out the result don't matter.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Sensini and Sukur will start instead of Bogho and Bona. I'm almost 100% sure of this. I'm also quite sure that Djetou will start instead of Ferrari.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Probable line up is (this was the "firstteam" that played in the inter-squad game on thursday):

_______________Frey

_______Djetou__Sensini__Canna

_Diana______________________Junior

_____ Lamouchi_Almeyda_Nakata

_________Di Vaio____Sukur

Which incedently is the exact same team that Renzo used with the exception of Sukur instead of Savo. :nervous:
But despite this there's a big difference between the team now and then.
I'm confident that we can make a good result.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I doubt it myself, because he is just too crap at finishing. He misses about 80% of all his shots:mad:

The key to success? Hoping Roma are over-confident, but other than that, we are going to struggle so much to beat them. If we weren't in such a precarious position however I'd love to see us lose to Roma just to help them to a 2nd Scudetto:D

Ah well, we'll lose anyway:(

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are the official line ups:

PARMA (3-5-2) Frey; Ferrari, Sensini, Cannavaro; Diana, Almeyda, Lamouchi, Nakata, Junior; Di Vaio, Hakan Sukur

(De Lucia, Djetou, Boghossian, Appiah, Micoud, Marchionni, Bonazzoli)

ROMA (3-4-1-2) Antonioli; Panucci, Samuel, Zago; Cafu, Tommasi, Emerson, Candela; Delvecchio; Montella, Batistuta

(Pelizzoli, Cufrè, Lima, Fuser, Assunçao, Cassano, Siviglia)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
The key is for Diana to hold Delvecchio and for Junior to hold Cafu. I think it will be very hard. Hopefully our three players on central midfield can outpower Tommasi and Emerson. It's 3 against 2 so...

We're lucky Totti are out though so maybe we can get a point after all... But I expect a loss nontheless...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Roma has already made two half-chances with Panucci and Delvecchio. First Frey was there, the second over the bar...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cannavaro has hit Batistuta quite seriously... he seems really injured.

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
COme on PARMA!
Damn my TV is spoilt

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Sadly the pessimist is right again:(

I never expected us to win, but I did hope we would hold out for longer than this. Pathetic, as usual.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fiorentina-Lazio 0-1, Castroman
Chievo-Lecce 1-1, Chevanton

We suck hard at Olimpico...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Penalty for Brescia... Bonera won it from Materazzi.

Guardiola Vs Toldo... GOAL!

Inter-Brescia 0-1, Guardiola

1 - 20 of 56 Posts