Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paraguay in their debut looked very limited, midfield wise they were completely outplayed by the Peruvians. Defensively they were nowhere near their vaunted toughness. They'll need to improve tremendously.

Uruguay was awesome in their debut, granted Bolivia is simply too weak to acurately measure how good this Uruguayan team. Also I am curious to see if Uruguay is going to put an offensive team or are they going back to a defensive style.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Recoba and Sosa did not train today hoping to rest before traveling to Asuncion. Carrasco has been keeping his cards close to his chest. Though the press expects Carrasco to switch to a 4-3-3 formation.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Recoba is still in serious doubt for this game, he did not train again on Tuesday. Nelson Abeijon is the prime candidate to take his place in the starting 11.

Justo Villar will be in goal to replace Ricardo Tavarelli while Jorge campos will take Delio Toledo's place. A much forward minded team is expected.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Uruguay is taking it up the ass right now.

Two goals in quick succession by Paredes and Cardoso have put things 3:1 in favor of Paraguay.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Pathetic..

OUr defense is a rabble without Lembo and Montero.,...

How can he leave out Uruguay's best defender(Lembo)???

Its time to bring back the experianced core of the 2002 team..

eg,..rodriguez at LB and Garcia or de Los Santos def mid...

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's time to bring back the "garra charrua" , played ultra defensively and rough up anyone that plays football.;)

As I said uruguay can't play like Carrasco wants them. They are going to score on so they better score a lot. I just don't they can outscore oppsition especially outside Montevideo.

·
Registered
37 Posts
this game had a big Killer: Jose saturnino

the other killer, was the goal he scored and killed the will of the uruguayan nats... as he was in clear off side

just saw the replay several times and that was a horrid play and the break of the game. As a team visiting, is hard to get up from those plays. I did not see or heard any comments on the official of the game, have you?

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
The info would be in www.conmebol.com ....The refs are another story...and a bad one at that....
Conmebol together with the African and or Oceania Federations MUST have the most HORRID refeering around.....and we have to live with it !!!

:eek: :confused:

·
Registered
37 Posts
actually I like the refs from conmebol and europe, players are tricky and fast

hard to judge, even mexican refs are good

but I the rest of the confederations are plain bad... the worse MLS and Jamaicans.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
The 3rd goal was so offside, it wasnt even close. It put the final nail in our coffin, but we put our selves in that position by not finishing the Paraguayins when we had the chance.

Also the clear penalties that werent called didn't help us.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got to see the replay of that game

I always hope that Julian Ruiz and Hidalgo in conmebol or Resende were the best refs in the area.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts