Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thread about The Lions the team with the most passionate fans in England!

We Fear No Foe!

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Millwall F.C.
Full name: Millwall Football Club
Nickname: The Lions
Founded: 1885
Ground: New Den Stadium, London
http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/europe/united_kingdom/england/london/london_the_den.shtml
Capacity 20,146

Millwall Football Club is a football team based at the 20,146 capacity New Den Stadium in south-east London, England. They currently play in the Football League Championship. Their team nickname is The Lions, derived from their club emblem. Their traditional strip consists of vertical blue and white stripes. The club was founded in 1885 by Scottish dock workers. The blue in their home strip comes from these Scottish dock workers. The club's name comes from where it was founded, at the Millwall Docks on the Isle of Dogs, across the River Thames from where the club now plays.

League Honours:

Level 2 (Championship, League Division One, Second Division) Champions 1987/1988
Level 3 (League One, League Division Two, Third Division, Third Division) Champions 2000/2001
Runners-up 1965/1966, 1984/1985
Level 3 (Third Division (South)) Champions 1927/1928, 1937/1938
Runners-up 1952/1953
Level 4 (League Two, League Division Three, Fourth Division) Champions 1961/1962
Runners-up 1964/1965

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Millwall complete Hutchison deal

Hutchison was searching for a new club over the summer
Millwall have signed Scotland international midfielder Don Hutchison on a six-month deal. The 34-year-old, who has been released by West Ham, had been on trial with the Lions during pre-season, and impressed new manager Colin Lee. "We have decided to give Don a chance - he has not played for a while and has a lot to prove," Lee explained. Lee has also revealed that he hopes to bring in former Southampton boss Dave Merrington as his assistant. He is also seeking an experienced goalkeeper to provide back-up for Andy Marshall.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK lets start with the first match tomorrow

Team news ahead of Sunday's Championship match.

Leeds v Millwall

Leeds goalkeeper Neil Sullivan may not be fit to play after shoulder surgery and Ian Bennett could start in goal. Striker Rob Hulse is sidelined along with midfielder Steve Stone, who has an Achilles injury. New Millwall signing Don Hutchison is expected to make his debut in midfield while left-back Jamie Vincent is also expected to make his bow for the club. But manager Colin Lee will be without David Livermore who is ruled out with a thigh injury.

Tomorrow will be my first chance to watch Millwall this season so i will see how they do :)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Hope you beat those dirty Leeds ba...... :)

Though I have to say I think Millwall will get relegated this season.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Did you watch the game? If you did how did Jamie Vincent get on?

I hope he does alright for you, so you will sign him permanently :)

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jimbo jones said:
Did you watch the game? If you did how did Jamie Vincent get on?

I hope he does alright for you, so you will sign him permanently :)
Sadly i didn't watch it cause i woke up late :wallbang: and Setanta hasnt shown a replay of the game at all.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Ahhhh never mind..

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Is it safe in here?? :scared:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Lmao!!!!

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Saw the highlights of the game, both teams had some chances, but a draw looked a fair result too me..

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
I thought you would struggle before the season started, and from the way you've started I can't see anything diferent. Colin Lee has got a job on to try and turn your fortunes around.

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
Just wishing 'wall fans all the best for the season...

... apart from this Monday;)
Nice August Bank Holiday afternoon in sunny Luton:)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts