Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long rest because the postponed Bologna-match we now face Udinese. We usually do well against Udinese but should definitely take it lightly. They have done well this season and are right there behind us fighting for the CL spot we want.

Udinese's team has a defence build around experienced and ex-laziale Nestor Sensini and a very talented Per Krøldrup. Pizarro is a dangerous player when he's bothered and Jankulovski is making a name for himself this season. Martin Jørgensen could prove tricky with his dribbles and crosses while Fava and Iaquinta are decent strikers.

Today's word from Formello is that Cesar is in Brazil untill Friday because of personal reason. Hope it's nothing serious. We can't do without him. :( Otherwise the squad is injuryfree.

I want to see this team:

------------Peruzzi
Oddo--Stam--Miha--Favalli
---------GG--Liverani
------------Fiore
----Lopez----------Cesar
------------Corradi

I don't really want Lopez in there but I don't think Inzaghi or Muzzi could play that position either.

FORZA LAZIO !! :strong:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Well, since I began watching the calcio regularly we always beat Udinese except the last game of last season which was irrelevant to us. But we shouldn't count on the tradition because Udinese play very well especially against the big teams and everything could happpen. We must find the target this time, hopefully the luck could on our side for a change too. Anyway, a win would be a great achievement and a boost before the derby. Plus, Udinese could be a rival for that 4th spot so the match is very important. If Cesar is to miss the game then the situation becomes complicated and we could return to 4-4-2 or use Inzaghi, who knows.

FORZA LAZIO!

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Anomander Rake said:
Well, since I began watching the calcio regularly we always beat Udinese except the last game of last season which was irrelevant to us. But we shouldn't count on the tradition because Udinese play very well especially against the big teams and everything could happpen. We must find the target this time, hopefully the luck could on our side for a change too. Anyway, a win would be a great achievement and a boost before the derby. Plus, Udinese could be a rival for that 4th spot so the match is very important. If Cesar is to miss the game then the situation becomes complicated and we could return to 4-4-2 or use Inzaghi, who knows.

FORZA LAZIO!
:happy: sweetie, don't be worried:happy:
because Jorgensen said that we will win...:happy: that's mean we will lose:D
(i'm not kidding...everytime that he say that we always have lost:groan: )

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Don't try to be a bigger pessimist than me, I am the champion in this game.:D :tongue: Even if we play against a team from Seria C2, I would say that the game would be a tricky one.:)

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Anomander Rake said:
Don't try to be a bigger pessimist than me, I am the champion in this game.:D :tongue: Even if we play against a team from Seria C2, I would say that the game would be a tricky one.:)
:D what's wrong with th SerieC2 team?:D
i think we can be able to lose with them too!!!!:D
:pp i'm born pessimist:tongue:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I was talking about football but yes, I like depressing music.:tongue:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Mancio wants it all Sunday 14 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roberto Mancini has pledged to take Lazio to the Champions¡¦ League, Coppa Italia and victory in the Rome derby.

¡§Our objectives this season are to qualify for Europe and lift the Coppa Italia,¡¨ assured the Coach, ¡§and we can be sure of that by winning our next five games.¡¨

The Biancocelesti will take on Udinese this afternoon, then Juventus, Roma, Bologna and Perugia.

¡§I know it will be tough, but it is only right to go out there and give it a go seeing as the team is playing so well right now.¡¨

This crucial month begins at the Stadio Olimpico with high-flying Udinese coming to visit.

¡§They are a very difficult side to beat and for the last few years have always been just behind the big teams in the fight for European places. The credit goes to the club for an intelligent transfer policy and their Coach.¡¨

Lazio are without the suspended Fabio Liverani and injured Paolo Negro, but his players should be rested after last week¡¦s game with Bologna was snowed off.

¡§Giuliano Giannichedda will start despite the fact another booking would rule him out of the derby,¡¨ noted Mancini. ¡§All I can do is prepare one game at a time.¡¨

Demetrio Albertini is expected to return from injury to start in central midfield, while Cesar should support front two Bernardo Corradi and Roberto Muzzi.

Lazio squad: Albertini, Cesar, Colonnese, Corradi, Couto, Dabo, Favalli, Fiore, Giannichedda, Inzaghi, Lopez, Mihajlovic, Muzzi, Oddo, Peruzzi, Sereni, Stam, Zauri.

channel4

============

Fiore enters crunch month Saturday 13 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stefano Fiore maintains that the next few weeks will decide Lazio¡¦s future with a Champions¡¦ League spot and the Coppa Italia Final to contend.

¡§This is the most important month of the entire season and it¡¦s time to reap what we have sowed throughout the year,¡¨ commented the midfielder.

The Capital club is assured at least UEFA Cup football next season, as fellow Coppa Finalists Juventus are all but certain of a Champions¡¦ League placement.

¡§The Final will give goose bumps to all calcio lovers, as we desperately want that trophy and Juve are more determined than ever after their Euro exit to Deportivo La Coruna.¡¨

That isn¡¦t Lazio¡¦s only target, as the collapse of Inter and financial problems at Parma mean they are now the favourites to capture that lucrative Champions¡¦ League qualifying spot.

¡§Everything will be concentrated in just a few short weeks,¡¨ continued Fiore. ¡§We have worked so hard and I see my teammates focused on the challenges ahead.¡¨

The first hurdle will be giantkillers Udinese at the Stadio Olimpico ¡V a side that has already beaten Milan and Inter on home turf, not to mention holding Roma to a 1-1 draw in this very arena.

It is a special occasion for Fiore, who first hit the big time when playing with the Friuli side.

¡§This club will always remain in my heart,¡¨ assured the Italian international, ¡§but Lazio is my team and I want to achieve great things with them.¡¨

¡§Udinese are a very talented side with David Pizarro and Martin Jorgensen standing out as world class players, but it is their team spirit and organisation that makes them truly dangerous.¡¨

¡§Nonetheless,¡¨ he concluded, ¡§if we play like the real Lazio can then there is no opponent that can worry us.¡¨

channel4

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
It's already 2:1 for us...Go figure!
Muzzi and Inzaghi scored for Lazio.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I wouldn't call 2:1 at HT "no chance" result. I am still very much worried about the game's outcome.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Anomander Rake said:
I wouldn't call 2:1 at HT "no chance" result. I am still very much worried about the game's outcome.
i'm worried too ...to lose 6-1:happy:
i just watched 10 minutes and i could die!!!!! So i've changed channel and all my family are watch Torino! I wont watch that match anymore...seems that we're a bit in crisis:depress:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Are we playing well? The TV here shows Reggina - Roma...:mad:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts