Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This game will be played on April 17, at the San Siro I think, and is Italy's 3rd game of 5 in the lead up to the World Cup, and the last one before the squad will be announced on May 5

This is a great preparation for Uruguay, as they are in Group A in the World Cup, alongside France, Denmark and Senegal.

Uruguay have recently named their squad and it looks like this:

Goalkeepers- Fabian Carini (Juventus, Italy)

Defenders - Paolo Montero (Juventus, Italy), Gonzalo Sorondo (Inter Milan, Italy), Washington Tais (Real Betis, Spain)

Midfielders - Gonzalo De los Santos (Valencia, Spain), Pablo Garcia (Venezia, Italy), Gianni Guigou (AS Roma, Italy), Fabian O'Neill (Perugia, Italy), Marcelo Romero (Malaga, Spain).

Forwards - Sebastian Abreu (Cruz Azul, Mexico), Diego Forlan (Manchester United, England), Federico Magallanes (Venezia, Italy), Alvaro Recoba (Inter Milan, Italy), Mario Regueiro (Racing Santander, Spain), Dario Silva (Malaga, Spain)

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
It will be a great match, i like Latin teams and Uruguay is my favorite team from South America aswell. They have some decent players and play very good defensively so we'll struggle to beat them. Half of their players in this team are also based in italy! The other half based in Spain except Abreau and Forlan who made the wrong choise to move to United.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
I expect them to put up a tougher test then the English. There's bound to be more of an edge to it, with many of them playing for clubs in Italy. I want to see us revert back to 3-4-1-2. Oh, and it would be nice to see Vieri play, preferably, alongside Montella.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Finally a good test against South America team.
I know Montella has been wonderful, but it's time to try out Vieri-Del Piero partnership. Then maybe in 2nd half i want to see Montella & Inzaghi.
2-0 for the AZZURRI!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
this should be a good game. i think cuz it is in milan, we shoudl really try to field our best team possible. and after last game against england, i think that we should play like this.

would liek to see maldini back. as del piero and vieri upfront. albertini and tomassi in the middle.

buffon/toldo
nesta cannavaro maldini
zambrotta tomassi albertini coco
totti
vieri del piero

reasons:
maldini is beter than materazzi, although materazzi is in form and fit. but its maldini.
coco is better than panucci down that left as he plays there and panucci is a right back.
tomassi and albertini instead of di biagio and zanetti cuz they can both pass the ball better. albertini showed how he defends well, but also creates eg. his brilliant ball to montella against england.
del piero instead of montella as del piero has had a top season and he is a better partner for vieri. montella and vieri are the same type of player and they would be on top of each other.

however, i would try montella and vieri together at some part of this game.
bring on zanetti etc....

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
tomassi and albertini instead of di biagio and zanetti cuz they can both pass the ball better
del piero instead of montella as del piero has had a top season and he is a better partner for vieri. montella and vieri are the same type of player and they would be on top of each other.
montella is way better then del piero ok dont btoher argueing

maldini is beter than materazzi, although materazzi is in form and fit. but its maldini.
not now..maldini has lost most of his assets..materazzi offers a lot more going forward
but maybe u have a small point here.

if u think tommasi can pass the ball then u need help lol

EDIT: How long is it gonna be before you understand? I don't think you're in a position to call anyone a retard.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Ambrosini & Pirlo should be called up because of Albertini & Del vecchio can play then so can talented players.

My Team:

Buffon

Cannavaro Bonera Materazzi

Zambrotta Ambrosini Zanetti Coco

Doni

Vieri Totti

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
I think Trap has doubts as to whether he will take Del Piero.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
I would try:

__________________BUFFON______________

CANNAVARO___MATERAZZI___NESTA___MALDINI

___________TOMASSI___C. ZANETTI_________

_____DP/MONTELLA___TOTTI___DONI________

___________________VIERI_______________

or 3-4-3

_______________BUFFON_______________

______CANNA___NESTA___MALDINI_______

ZAMBRO___TOMASSI___C. ZANETTI___COCO

_____MONTELLA___VIERI___TOTTI________

or 3-4-2-1

________TOTTI___________DONI/DP_____
________________VIERI_______________

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Pirri, i know you are living in the past with your white rapper sh#t and i see you are not over that Vinilla Slice, opps..i mean Vinilaa Ice ******.....but i really dont see the point of calling me a retard.

its obvious you dont watch football enough to understand that sometimes, players even if they are the best might not be able to play together or fit in the team to make it work.

Montella is having a great spell at the end of this season, and i would love to have him playing alongside Vieri, but they cannot play together. They are the same type of player, it has been tried already and they were not good together.

Vieri needs a partner who supports him, not a partner who is going to get in his way and be on top of him.

Del Piero is perfect for that as he creates and is the best supporting partner for Vieri. Baggio would have been another if he didnt get injured. Totti is another, although he is a playmaker, he can partner vieri.

And Tomassi is better than both Zanetti and Di Biagio. At least he plays against the best in europe and his past two seasons have been better than both Zanetti and di biagios!

And Albertini has better creative skills and passing than both of them as well!!!! but you would realise that if stopped singing ice ice baby.....white rapper ***!

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Vieri, but they cannot play together. They are the same type of player, it has been tried already and they were not good together.
oh yeh and vieri and del piero have been great and call me stupid but del piero is bigger then montella and slower and thus more like vieri..and no albertini cant create for ****..look im not gonna take this from an amature...only a retard cant see 2 players on the top of there game not doing well togther..infact its the perfect combo..montlla small quick deadly vieri powerfull ariel streghtn and gre8 finishing...c.zanetti offers a lot more then albertini both passsing and pressing wise...fact dude..albertini has always been a lateral passer with an aoccasional good ball..oh yeh leave the iceman alone he lives on!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Catenaccio said:

_____MONTELLA___VIERI___TOTTI________

This Is the perfect lineup, except that Totti shall be used as a playmaker and not a forward.

I wonder what will happen if Maldini won't make the WC squad, who will replace him then, Materazzi?

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
CUG said:
Montella is having a great spell at the end of this season, and i would love to have him playing alongside Vieri, but they cannot play together. They are the same type of player, it has been tried already and they were not good together.
Have you been watching Serie A or B?

Vieri is tall(Montella is short), physically strong and powerful(Montella is not) and scores by either jumping over his markers to head the ball in(Montella can't do this he is too short) or by using his size to bulldoze through defenses and then slot the ball past the keeper(Montella is too small to do this).
Montella has great ball skills(Vieri doesn't), has a better long range shot than Vieri and is a better passer than Vieri. Montella scores by outpacing the defenders, losing his marker(something he's very good at) and heading a cross in and scores from long range cracks.
I dunno where you get the idea they are the same player. The only thing they do the same is score lot's of goals. Also when and against who has this duo been tried where they were no good together?
I reckon there is no better combination than Vieri-Montella for us to have upfront. Imagine all the goals!! I really wanna see it happen.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
It will be a great match, and if Buffon starts it will be a battle of the Juve Keepers.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
yEA, THIS SHOULD BE A PRETTY GOOD MATCH. Uruguay is exactly the type of team we have to prepare for being that we are squaring off against Ecuador and Mexico in the first round. We have to get used to the rhythyms of Latin American soccer. It's not altogether different, but it has a different pace. We need to check that out. One big thing I think we are yet to realize is how different types of soccer will transport to SK/Japan. In other words, how will different teams react to playing in Asia? It will be interesting and require a lot of tradition. If we can match some experience with Latin football with our World Cup tradition, we could be alright. My point: there's no real home club in this Cup. It's not being played in S. America, where Latin teams thrive, or in Europe, where Italy, Germany, France, England, etc. proved they are hard to beat.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
To be quite honest Primo: I think Uruguay is the farthest one can come from traditional SA football because their style is so defensive. Mexico to my knowledge playa rather fast, attacking style too.

That being said- of course there are individual talents in the Uruguay team like primarily Recoba, who greatly resemble qualities displayed in the other countries.

CUG: In my opinion you have two obsessions you simply have to get over :tongue: .

The first is that you regularly make a suggested lineup, with a 4 man backline, placing Nesta as right back- which is, quite frankly, unheard of and intolerable in every way ;).

Second is the pre-occupation with saying that Vieri and Montella are too alike to co-exist. Physically they could hardly be more different, and Totti's experience in providing Montella, plus his usual fetisch for distributing fast balls behind the enemy lines suits Montella alot better than it would DP who likes to participate in the buld up more- something (build up) we are not accustumed to see Italy operate with much to begin with :().
We all know you want DP to start, and I think Totti, Vieri and Del Piero is an outrageously interesting trio as well, but based on form, compatibility and club routines- the Totti-Vieri-Montella partnership is logical. Moreover- Montella simply scores a good deal more than DP- even if DP has a good season.
Your argumentation is simply transparent, and reads "DP :kiss: " .

:tongue:

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Glen said:
, but based on form, compatibility and club routines- the Totti-Vieri-Montella partnership is logical.
Well about routine, partnership and compatibility: you can put Totti- Montella- Del Piero. All the games Montella and DP have played together, they played well alongside each other.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Well, how's this: since Totti still injured......well he will recover on time to play in this game, but I rather put him on the bench becos I'm not willing to take a risk in injuring him again. So Del Piero, Vieri & Montella can all play, Montella & Vieri upfront supported by both Del Piero & Doni.

---------------------Buffon----------------------

-------Cannavaro----Nesta-----Maldini-----------

----Zambrotta-------Zanetti-----------Coco------

---------------Doni-------------Del Piero----------

------------Montella--------------Vieri------------

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
mdelpiero10,

Your formation means that there is insufficient cover for defence in midfield with only Zanettin in front of the back three. I would prefer:

______________BUFFON______________

______CANNA___NESTA___MALDINI_____

ZAMBRO___TOMASSI___ZANETTI___COCO

_______TOTTI_____________DONI_____

_______________VIERI______________

or:

_______________BUFFON_____________

CANNA___MATERAZZI___NESTA___MALDINI

_______________TOMASSI_____________

______ZAMBRO______________DONI____

________________TOTTI______________

____________VIERI___DEL PIERO_______