Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chile demonstrated that this time around they are going to fight 'til the end. They certainly didn't lay down as easily as they did during the last WCQs. But their performance football wise was nothing great, if the Argies hadn't imploded it could have easily been a blow out.

Peru performance was impresive but Paraguay is more limited than Chile, especially now that D. Pizarro and Salas will be in their line up. Peru was able to dominate the midfield play aganst Paraguay but Chile will prove more difficult.

The forward line for these two is pretty much even in talent so it will depend which hold up. Neither one impressed in the opener.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Chile will miss Marcelo Salas who did not recuperated in time for this game. Also missing through suspension Jorge Acuña and Reinaldo Navia. On the other hand they get back David Pizarro, their most talented midfielder.

Peru has several players injured the most important of this Roberto Palacios who did not train before traveling to Santiago.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chile and Peru tie 1-1 in the 2nd half of a very close match. Pinilla scored for the Chileans while Mendoza tied it for the Peruvians.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chile won 2-1 and they are showing that this will be a whole different story than the last qualifiers.

Peru's keeper let the team down in the 2nd goal:( where is Ibañez when you need him.;)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
mendoza scores again pizarro who???

arial game killed us again

ibanes is just as bad as delgado in air raids the man we need is our 3rd keeper leao butron

so gabe i didnt see the match what did you think?

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It could have gone either way. Peru had definitively a superior midfield. I even give them the edge on the forward line. The problem is that defense especially in the air. The keeper is also inconsistent.

Peru is playing well, i wouldn't get to discourage, but they will need to shore up the defense before facing Brasil in their next game.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
definetly need to do something with that defence if we want anything out of the brazil match

maybe 21 is to young for a keeper

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Ojo! Peru's goal shoul've never happened had the ref called the clear foul on Chile's Pizarro in the midfield (which ended up costing me 3 poinst in the prediction game). Also, to me Mendoza was offside by a hair on the pass where he scored.

Peru look alright, far from impressive. The 4:1 win over Paraguay was very illusional, IMO.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
true but you gotta take the chances that are given to you

honestly chile did not impress me they should have scored more
the defence was a shambles

i dont think the 4-1 was ilusional
peru at home will be dangerous

away they will be weak they simply dont have the defence to hold a team back

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
This time 4 yrs ago Chile had only 1 point....Had lost badly in Bs As and then Peru had tied them in Chile..
For these Eliminatories NO ONE (myself included) expected them to do any better, specially with the fact of the horrendous and poor pre-planning to these games..
But thats the beauty of Futbol....you dont win games with Xcellent playing....you come out ahead playing with all your heart and love for the Nation that you represent and with scoring goals and NOTHING else..
Granted Argentina and or Peru played better, brilliantly and perhaps outplaying us...........in spite of that Chile has 4 points earned with hard , tenacious work and the future looks much better than 4 years ago.....
To sum it up... I dont want Chile to impress me and then not get the job done (Points baby.... points !!!) , I want Chile not to impress me but to go to Germany...and that is the bottom line.

:cool: :howler:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
chile has one major advantage over ecuador colombia paraguay and peru

ttheir start [players are mostly young the qualification process is long 3 years to be exact the teams i mentioned will lose some star players along the way chile wont lose as many

·
Registered
37 Posts
was this the best game so far?

or the game Peru vs Paraguay?

how do you rate them.... I saw argentina vs chile, and I feel these 2 games rank above in terms of soccer.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
the peru paraguay had 3 great goals

but i feel the chile peru was better
it was a true clasico

1 - 14 of 14 Posts